How To Unblock A Process Or App Accidentally Blocked

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gromit

Gromit

• Regular Bitdefender Poster
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

If an end user blocks a process or app that should not have been blocked, is there a way to "unblock" it so it will be allowed the next time? I used to be able to do this with the McAfee SaaS product, it was very handy and necessary (my users typically ended up accidentally blocking their browser every time it was updated).

Thanks in advance,

Gromit

#2 cshepfam

cshepfam

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Gromit @ Aug 29 2013, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If an end user blocks a process or app that should not have been blocked, is there a way to "unblock" it so it will be allowed the next time? I used to be able to do this with the McAfee SaaS product, it was very handy and necessary (my users typically ended up accidentally blocking their browser every time it was updated).

Thanks in advance,

Gromit

Go under the policy they are under and add in the process in the Exclusions tab.

It would be in the Antimalware section, Exclusions, select Process, Program path, and then the executable. Select AVC/IDS and then Add and Save

#3 Gromit

Gromit

• Regular Bitdefender Poster
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (cshepfam @ Sep 9 2013, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go under the policy they are under and add in the process in the Exclusions tab.

It would be in the Antimalware section, Exclusions, select Process, Program path, and then the executable. Select AVC/IDS and then Add and Save

Great, thanks for that info!

#4 Daniel V

Daniel V

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (cshepfam @ Sep 9 2013, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there not an easier way to do this? Do we administrators really have to track down the location of each new application/update our end users have blocked to add it to the exclusions?

Then check with the end user to make sure the application works? Then do it again for x86/x64?

#5 Cristi

Cristi

Technical Support

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

In the new console you have the option to view in real time items blocked by the AVC/IDS modules (Dashboard) and also generate reports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users