• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobafett

bobafett

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:01 PM

hello
can somebody help ? I've googled high and low without an answer to the following problem :
I had a perfectly functioning wireless network connection between my PC and playstation 3 for media file streaming to the PS3 (via windows media player 11).
(network is via billion 7404VGP ADSL2+modem/router using the same WLAN and WPA encryption settings on PS3 and billion router harware settings)
The moment bitdefender security 2008 was installed (prior had zone alarm firewall) I have lost the ability to stream media from the PC to PS3 .
Interestingly the PS3 wireless internet access (through the pc router) continues to function normally.
the PS3 displays my available media files but once you select a file the screen hangs for a few seconds and then returns a random 'network error' response.
When I then disable the BD firewall the PS3-PC network connection/ streaming works perfectly again.
I have set PS3 IP to trusted zone with no success.
I have window player 'allowed' in the bitdefender firewall traffic profile section also with no success.
I have tried enabling/disabling the 'enable wifi notification' option in advanced firewall options ( what does that option mean anyway ?, BD user manual on wifi is hopeless) .
BD support have been unable to help so far and i still ,after several days, await their reply regarding a solution.
any ideas anyone ? this is driving me insane !

#2 Enrico

Enrico

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (bobafett @ Jan 31 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello
can somebody help ? I've googled high and low without an answer to the following problem :
I had a perfectly functioning wireless network connection between my PC and playstation 3 for media file streaming to the PS3 (via windows media player 11).
(network is via billion 7404VGP ADSL2+modem/router using the same WLAN and WPA encryption settings on PS3 and billion router harware settings)
The moment bitdefender security 2008 was installed (prior had zone alarm firewall) I have lost the ability to stream media from the PC to PS3 .
Interestingly the PS3 wireless internet access (through the pc router) continues to function normally.
the PS3 displays my available media files but once you select a file the screen hangs for a few seconds and then returns a random 'network error' response.
When I then disable the BD firewall the PS3-PC network connection/ streaming works perfectly again.
I have set PS3 IP to trusted zone with no success.
I have window player 'allowed' in the bitdefender firewall traffic profile section also with no success.
I have tried enabling/disabling the 'enable wifi notification' option in advanced firewall options ( what does that option mean anyway ?, BD user manual on wifi is hopeless) .
BD support have been unable to help so far and i still ,after several days, await their reply regarding a solution.
any ideas anyone ? this is driving me insane !

I think your problems will be solved when you unmark Stealth in your Firewall configuration within Bitdefender. It is strange but it worked for me.

Edited by Enrico, 27 September 2008 - 10:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users