• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stuart_c

stuart_c

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hello All,

I am completely new to Linux. I simply have some old x86 boxes and am assessing what I will need to install in order to carry out my online activities under Linux, (a 'Persistent Live' version for the time being).

It's only really used for surfing the web; but I don't want to delete the commercial s/w and it only has a small HDD.

A couple of people have kindly made the following suggestions, given the modest spec' of the P.C(s) I have access to, and my all round online requirements:

Lubuntu,
Bodhi,
Puppy.

Do you feel that Bitdefender would offer the best security solution for a new user to carry out online banking and, if so, which version of the s/w would I need?

There aren't any other light-weight distro's that stand out for me ATM.

I was sent a link about 'Chromium OS'.

It is apparently Linux based, boot_s from USB and I understand the security of it's browser "sandbox" has yet to be breached; however, it would appear to be a "browser-come-OS" and lack "Persistence"/any way of installing anything, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be compatible with Bitdefender?

Many thanks if anyone has experience of BD installation in any such environment,

Stuart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users