Password Protected Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sixtooth

Sixtooth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

Man it ###### having spent half a day troubleshooting permissions when it's bitdefender keeping files from being opened. I guess it is password protected pdf's as well? Haven't experienced that yet. Let me know a more secure method than disabling on access scanning please.

#2 Andionescu

Andionescu

Regular Poster

• Technical Support
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hi Sixtooth ,

Please can you tell me what Bitdefender product and version do you have installed on the machine?

Thank you

Andrei

QUOTE (Sixtooth @ Sep 6 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man it ###### having spent half a day troubleshooting permissions when it's bitdefender keeping files from being opened. I guess it is password protected pdf's as well? Haven't experienced that yet. Let me know a more secure method than disabling on access scanning please.

#3 DanHere

DanHere

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (andionescu @ Sep 7 2011, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Sixtooth ,

Please can you tell me what Bitdefender product and version do you have installed on the machine?

Thank you

Andrei
I haven't even decided which I want to get yet. I used to use a free version of Bitdefender, but haven't in some time. As a general rule though, are there any particular steps that need to be taken with password protected files?

#4 Andionescu

Andionescu

Regular Poster

• Technical Support
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Hi Dan,

What type of files are you referring?
Bitdefender will allow you to open the files if you know the password.

Regards,

Andrei

QUOTE (DanHere @ Sep 21 2011, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't even decided which I want to get yet. I used to use a free version of Bitdefender, but haven't in some time. As a general rule though, are there any particular steps that need to be taken with password protected files?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users