Bitdefender 2012 Cannot Be Installed On Your Operating System
Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:35 AM
I am not able to install Bitdefender 2012 on Windows XP. I had Bitdefender 2009 installed which I uninstalled it using Bitdfender's UnInstall Tool.
Every time I try to install version 2012 I get the following error:
Bitdefender 2012 cannot be installed on your operating system
Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:59 PM
1. Is your WinXp 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. What WinXP Service Pack (SP) level do you have installed?
3. Which BD product are you trying to install - Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security?
Edited by nikki605, 19 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.
Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:37 PM
That message is due to the fact that you don't have Windows Service Pack 3 installed on your Windows XP. Update your Operating System as explained below then retry to install BitDefender. One of the system requirements is to have at least Windows Service Pack 3 installed if you are using Windows XP and Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.
Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:12 AM
May I count on any response from you please.
Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:44 AM
Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:19 AM
The answer was from me if you are referring to the one sent on 08/26/2011 12:26:13. I've replied again so please check your email inbox. Ticket ID: 201108061004446.
Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:20 PM
Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:40 AM
Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:17 PM
I`m having the same problem.
XP Service Pack 3 v 6055
Edited by Pikes, 05 September 2011 - 07:28 PM.
Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:48 PM
I purchased Kaspersky PURE software.
It works great with my PC
Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:13 PM
Can you please provide more details ? What exactly happens when trying to install BitDefender? Any error message? What product are you trying to install? What installation kit you used ? Have you used a previous version of BitDefender ?
Looking forward to your answer!
Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:27 PM
They recommend a downgrade to BitDefender 2011 .
I just suggest that they should announce this info on their product , with capital letters .
Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:02 AM
I'm having the same problem, BD IS 2012 wont install in Win XP (SP3).
Installation stops and the message "Bitdefender 2012 cannot be installed on your operating system" appears all the time.
looking forward for your reply/solution
Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:23 AM
Indeed, the BitDefender 2012 can not be installed on Windows XP 64-bits.
@EDG: Follow the steps below and send me the requested info via PM:
1. Download this file:
2. Locate and open 'sysdump.exe'
3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.
4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'
5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it to an online file hosting website and send me the download link via PM (Private Message);
6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.
Looking forward to your answer!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users