Xp Internet Security 2011
Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:24 PM
It is basically preventing me from doing anything at the moment.
As Soon as I realised there was something wrong with my PC, I disconnected from the Internet and tried to see if I could get rid of it.
I ran a scan with Bitdefender and it has not picked it up. My antivirus definitions were up to date as of 5 minutes before the problem occurred. I was obviously hoping that Bitdefender would identify it and either quarantine or better still delete it.
Anytime I start to open a program this XP Internet Security 2011 opens itself up and proclaims I have all sorts of nasties on my PC. I don't believe for one minute that is the case and this is an attempt to get money out of me by registering for this fake product.
My questions are
1) How has this got past both the bitdefender firewall and bitdefender antivirus?
2) How do I get rid of the XP Internet Security 2011, given that it hasn't been recognised by Bitdefender?
Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:41 AM
Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:42 AM
@2) How do I get rid of the XP Internet Security 2011, given that it hasn't been recognised by Bitdefender?
What Bitdefender product you are using? What are the "Real Time Protection, AVC and IDS Settings" and what type of scan did you run and what are its settings? Kindly provide some detail as it would be helpful for respected Cristi.
Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:29 AM
Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:25 AM
It took a couple of hours to find this stuff, but it did end up being a speedier resolution than sending files off for analysis etc as I wouldn't have been able to do that until the following night.
Nowhere could I find anyone who knew how to remove the file without making registry entries which I am not confident about doing. I knew how to kill it and so I did just that each time it started whilst I tried to get the BDSI log requested. I did a virus scan immediately following every bitdefender update in the meantime. It was whilst I was getting a BDSI log that on either the third or fourth Bitdefender update that an antivirus scan picked up and quarantined it. Everything seems to have worked fine since then. In all it was less than 24 hours from discovery to removal.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users