Bitdefender Blocking System Restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 novice123

novice123

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:57 AM

BD seems to be blocking a system restore i want to do. how do i turn BD off or allow it to do the restore?

running windows 7 pro 64bit

#2 Lionet

Lionet

Frequent Poster

• Regular Bitdefender Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Interests:Literature ( poetry first ! Cristina Campo, Ricardo Paseyro, Leopardi, Eliot, Verlaine... So many... and so few... remote stars spanning centuries...)

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (novice123 @ Sep 23 2010, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BD seems to be blocking a system restore i want to do. how do i turn BD off or allow it to do the restore?
running windows 7 pro 64bit

Hi novice123,

With XP, I have to reinstall Bitdefender everytime I launch a system restoration, so... I guess you will have issue with BD even if you could do it.
I do not know Seven, maybe issues are similar:
Check if you can deactivate Bitdefender in fail safe mode, then process to a restoration... then launch a repair/remove to reinstall BD.

Oh, You can't turn BD off at all? with the right button on the mouse on BD's red ball? You can't open BD to deactivate its services? So reboot in fail safe mode, it will work maybe...

have a nice day,
smile.gif
L.

#3 universal-erica

universal-erica

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Lionet @ Sep 23 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi novice123,

With XP, I have to reinstall Bitdefender everytime I launch a system restoration, so... I guess you will have issue with BD even if you could do it.
I do not know Seven, maybe issues are similar:
Check if you can deactivate Bitdefender in fail safe mode, then process to a restoration... then launch a repair/remove to reinstall BD.

Oh, You can't turn BD off at all? with the right button on the mouse on BD's red ball? You can't open BD to deactivate its services? So reboot in fail safe mode, it will work maybe...

have a nice day,
smile.gif
L.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#4 DanyDan

DanyDan

Guru Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hello,

Please read this Microsoft article about how Antivirus software and System Restore work together:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831829

Kind regards,

#5 Erich Stauffer

Erich Stauffer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (DanyDan @ Oct 1 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please read this Microsoft article about how Antivirus software and System Restore work together:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831829

So the solution is to turn off System Restore, thereby deleting all past restore points, as part of the initial BitDefender installation?

It seems that is what Microsoft's solution is, since any virus caught during restoration will block the restoration. Do you agree?

This doesn't really help someone who really needs to restore, but it is good to know for new BitDefender installations. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users