Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:39 PM
Best and kind regards to all forum and team members @ BitDefender.com!!
Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:01 PM
Further to your query please note that:
- weekly.exe - the file you use to manually update our latest version of the product (the 2010 version)
- cumulative.zip - the file you use for older versions (v10 or below)
- pluginsx**.exe - the file that contains the content of the Plugins folder under C:\program files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\av32bit_18372\Plugins considering the default installation path to C:\Program Files\BitDefender
The difference between the weekly and pluginxxx.exe is that the weekly.exe file will automatically unpack then install the updates with the new signatures updated that week however the plugins***.exe file will only extract the files to a location of your choice.
As a conclusion, if you wish to simply manually update BitDefender you will need to use the Weekly.exe file. If you have troubles in downloading a signature file using the automatic update (one that is stored in the Plugins folder) then you need to download the pluginsxxx.exe file then replace the file in Windows Safe Mode.
If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime by phone, email, using our LiveAssistance or simply posting on the forum.
Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:19 AM
1)I could not find "pluginsx**.exe" in "C:\program files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\av32bit_18372\Plugins. How do I loacte else where? And also how can I download "pluginsx**.exe"?
Also you are requested to elaborate further about "pluginsx**.exe".
2)I have a query e.g I've two PCs, one with internet connection and other not, and I want to update the 2nd PC without downloading weekly.exe. So what files should I copied from the 1st PC (which is updated fully) to make 2nd PC updated?
3)Does the name of folders "av32bit_xxxxx" having path "C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\" are same in every PC?
Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:52 PM
I will try to answer your questions in the same order as posted:
1. No, you can't locate them anywhere else. You can download plugins.exe from our website. To do that click Here
The Plugins folder is included in the cumulative.zip file that can be downloaded from the above link.
2. As explained in one of my previous replies - which you obviously didn't read carefully, I mentioned that having one PC set as Update Server will allow you to connect to the second PC - ONLY if both PCs are in the same HomeNetwork - click on the second PC and select 'Update Now'. Please read my example about the 3 PCs added in the same Home Network.
Please check the below screenshot attached.
3. No, the XXXX after av32bit_ is not always the same.
Last but not least, any public information about BitDefender and any of its modules can be found by a simple search of any of the search engines available on the Internet. The information you request are not for public release for the time being.
Query resolved, topic closed.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users