As a reminder, the system infected with this malware displays the following SYMPTOMS:
- Connection times out while trying to access various antivirus related websites.
- Windows Update has been disabled.
- Presence of autorun.inf files in the root of mapped drives pointing to a .dll file inside the RECYCLER folder of the drive.
The REMOVAL using the tool has to be performed as follows: (detailed instructions can be found on the downadup.org website)
- Download MS08-67 vulnerability fix, according to your operating system version as instructed in the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS08-067;
- Download, extract and run the removal tool;
- Restart the computer.
The tools are available for DOWNLOAD from the following locations:
- Single PC Removal Tool: http://www.bdtools.n...bd_rem_tool.zip
- Network Removal Tool: http://www.downadup....etwork_tool.exe
Edited by Cristi B., 22 October 2011 - 07:07 PM.
changed description and links to emphasize the new downadup.org location