Windows Vista And Bitdefender Question?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 logicalcomptechs

logicalcomptechs

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:34 AM

I have Bit Defender Total Internet Security 2009. I purchased 5 licenses, installed 3 of them on Windows XP Professional machines, and it works perfect. I installed the other two on Windows Vista Home Edition machines, now most of the time Bit Defender runs fine, but sometimes it won't open. If I try to click the icon in the tray, it does not open at all, I have to restart the computer for it to start working properly again. Sometimes it will say Bit Defender services is unavailable when I open it up. This happens on both machines, so I am assuming it has something to do with Windows Vista. As a side note one is a 32 Bit and the other is 64 Bit. If anyone has any kind of solution, that would be great!

#2 Martin4Jay

Martin4Jay

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (logicalcomptechs @ Feb 19 2009, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have Bit Defender Total Internet Security 2009. I purchased 5 licenses, installed 3 of them on Windows XP Professional machines, and it works perfect. I installed the other two on Windows Vista Home Edition machines, now most of the time Bit Defender runs fine, but sometimes it won't open. If I try to click the icon in the tray, it does not open at all, I have to restart the computer for it to start working properly again. Sometimes it will say Bit Defender services is unavailable when I open it up. This happens on both machines, so I am assuming it has something to do with Windows Vista. As a side note one is a 32 Bit and the other is 64 Bit. If anyone has any kind of solution, that would be great!

Look like an email to support@bitdefender.com
Good luck

#3 kungfu

kungfu

Regular Poster

• Regular Bitdefender Poster
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

BD 2009 does have a problem with Vista still after 6 Months, recognize your problems

See http://forum.bitdefe...showtopic=11915

#4 Ronald

Ronald

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (logicalcomptechs @ Feb 19 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have the same problem, running fine on Window XP.
On Vista (32BIT) sometimes it does not open although not often but does happen.
Not a big problem but I wish it could open all the time ( for me its less problematic as compare with BDIS 2008 ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users