Critical Error On Startup

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 bobjohan

bobjohan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Encountering same problem: BitDefender encountered problems while processing the files below: ..................

Followed DizzyCoder suggestion (thanks for the post) to get Bit Defender up cleanly, updated, ran deep scan nothing found.
On reboot same problem
It has been over a month. Has anyone actually gotten any communication from BD?
This is as lame as it gets. At this point the only option seems to be to uninstall BD and wait until they can fix the product.
Meanwhile I guess I'll run something free like AVG.
How do I get an extension on a subscription that is useless for over a month?
Am I mistaken in this perception?

Is there a way to automate the safe boot scenario?
Has anyone played with reordering the load sequence to see if that might provide a temporary solution?

#22 Nicolas_db

Nicolas_db

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (bobjohan @ Jan 28 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Encountering same problem: BitDefender encountered problems while processing the files below: ..................

Followed DizzyCoder suggestion (thanks for the post) to get Bit Defender up cleanly, updated, ran deep scan nothing found.
On reboot same problem
It has been over a month. Has anyone actually gotten any communication from BD?
This is as lame as it gets. At this point the only option seems to be to uninstall BD and wait until they can fix the product.
Meanwhile I guess I'll run something free like AVG.
How do I get an extension on a subscription that is useless for over a month?
Am I mistaken in this perception?

Is there a way to automate the safe boot scenario?
Has anyone played with reordering the load sequence to see if that might provide a temporary solution?

Hi, I'm having the same problem and found out something that may help.

I'm using my computer with an user that is not admin, but has admin rights. So I try to login after restart as admin, and bitdefender works OK. So I log out and in this time with my non admin user and the problem was again.

So if i run my computer as admin, antivirus works, if I run it form my other non admin user with admin rigth it doesn't. This makes me think that the problem may have something to do with windows user, I not sure. How many of you are using non admin users?

I'm using Windows XP pro SP2.

PD: Sory for my english I'm not American.

#23 Nicolas_db

Nicolas_db

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hi, I have some new info. I have done this:

1) In my non admin user I went to msconfig and disable bdagent (c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2009\bdagent.exe) at init.
2) After system restart, I went to folder c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2009\ , left click on dbagent.exe then run as, y choose admin, I enter the pass, and then antivirus start working fine in my non admin user.

Problem: I have to manualy start antivirus each time I reboot (doing like step 2), but antivirus works.

So again it looks like, at least in my case, that bitdefender problems has something to do with user profiles.

I'm sending an e-mail to support with this to see if it helps to solve the problem.

Edited by Nicolas_db, 18 February 2009 - 02:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users