ozziebear

Update Reboot Blues

40 posts in this topic

Yesterday I received update to build No. 16.23.0.1637. Since then I have had to reboot my computer 8 times. It seems that everytime BD checks for updates, a reboot is required. Really guys, there must be a better way.

Yesterday I received update to build No. 16.23.0.1637. Since then I have had to reboot my computer 8 times. It seems that everytime BD checks for updates, a reboot is required. Really guys, there must be a better way.

I have the same build number and absolutely incessant demands to reboot for several days. Can you PLEASE fix this issue that appears to be plaguing the entire Bitdefender client base!

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

I have the same build number and absolutely incessant demands to reboot for several days. Can you PLEASE fix this issue that appears to be plaguing the entire Bitdefender client base!

Having the same issues here, seems every time I check events 'Updates' is asking for a reboot, surely this can be fixed at Bitdefenders end without the consumer having to stuff around trying suggested fixes and sending logs back to Bitdefender, don't have time for all this.

I am just ignoring the requests now and am doing one reboot of a morning and that is it, sick of it.

Same issue for a few days now, I sent a log, hopefully we'll see a resolution of some sort.

This has been an irritating and recurring problem since BD2013 was launched. It is way beyond time that it was sorted out. Un-installing and re-installing the product (which is the usual solution) is getting beyond a joke for a package which is supposedly silent and in the background.

Hello :)

As you can see, in the last 3 days we released several product updates.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=162888

@ tclarson720

In your case, the last product update released was not installed and is pending.

Please reboot your PC and after it should all be just OK.

Take care.

Sorry for no reply yesterday Christian, but yes, actually, it quit yesterday, ha!! I did actually reboot from the program, wasn't sure if that would matter, but in my case, situation resolved.

Sorry for no reply yesterday Christian, but yes, actually, it quit yesterday, ha!! I did actually reboot from the program, wasn't sure if that would matter, but in my case, situation resolved.

Having the same problem. Came here to find out if there was a fix. New build downloaded today and so far no request for reboot! Hooray! Forums work! :rolleyes:

Having the same problem. Came here to find out if there was a fix. New build downloaded today and so far no request for reboot! Hooray! Forums work! :rolleyes:

I take it back, asking for reboot again? My build is 16.23.0.1637 is this still the latest?

Having just completed an update, here is where I'm at:

latestbuild111012.jpg

Haven't had a reboot request for awhile.

Edited by columbo

I thought this constant rebooting after updates had finally settled down, but I was wrong the past few days have been a pain, every time I check events it says reboot required, I have done 3 reboots today and the day is only half over. Doubt if I will renew my subscription next time around if this continues.

I am still continually getting 'Reboot required' after almost every update, do I have a problem at my end or is there some sort of major update happening that requires constant rebooting. I may get a few updates that don't ask for a reboot but it seems the majority ask for a reboot. Is this normal or do I have a problem this end?

I have the problem too! I have so far rebooted 12 times over the last day and a half.

I'm getting exactly the same issue, just seems to have started.

Same here..started a couple days ago...as far as I know...I have the current Build

post-31073-1353606167_thumb.jpg

TiminAz

@ Firecapt

The received logs are corrupt, could you please generate them again?

Thank you!

Hello everyone :)

@ Firecapt

I've looked over the logs and I can see 2 files that can not be replaced during startup:

bdimencrui.dll.upd and remotemanagemental.dll.upd both located in C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013.

In the current situation we recommend you to reboot in Safe Mode http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-do-...-Mode-1022.html and delete these too files:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\bdimencrui.dll and C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\remotemanagemental.dll

Now rename bdimencrui.dll.upd and remotemanagemental.dll.upd to bdimencrui.dll and remotemanagemental.dll and reboot the PC.

Everything should be back to normal.

Thank you!

Thanks Christian but I "fixed" the problem prior to your answer by uninstalling BD then reinstalling. This solved the update issue but the right click problem with the USB thumb drives still remains. I used your temporary fix for this and that solved the problem for the time being.

Also, I must still keep my On-Access Scanning set to Normal or it causes major slow-down/crash issues with Windows Explorer.

hello, in order to get more information about the issue you are experiencing please do the following:

- download Process Monitor from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896645.aspx

- extract the archive and run it

- reproduce the issue (click on Update now)

- press Ctrl+E into Process Monitor (so the capture process is stopped)

- save the file (goto File - Save... in Process Monitor and select the file Path for the file to be saved eg. Desktop; it will generate a file LogFile.PML)

- reboot

- mark as read all the events in update

- try to reproduce the issue

If the issue reproduces please PM me with the file.

Thank you.

Edited by Moldoveanu Marius

After analyzing the information we received from you we concluded that the most convenient way to fix the issue you reported is to use the Repair feature from Bitdefender. Please follow the steps below in order to start the repairing process:

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender 2013 -> choose "Repair or Remove";

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to;

- Register and activate the product, then open Bitdefender and run a new update; reboot again if requested;

A product update was released and it will be installed on your machine in maximum 24 hours. Your build should be 16.25.0.1710 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

New build = more reboot blues!!!! Why has every build update resulted in constant requests to reboot to replace all files. I have a clean install of windows 7 64bit with no previous AV etc but still the reboot blues persist!!

I have yet to have a new build without this really bugging problem...... 1 reboot yes but not 10 or more!? I hope 2014 deals with this else I wont renew!

New build = more reboot blues!!!! Why has every build update resulted in constant requests to reboot to replace all files. I have a clean install of windows 7 64bit with no previous AV etc but still the reboot blues persist!!

I have yet to have a new build without this really bugging problem...... 1 reboot yes but not 10 or more!? I hope 2014 deals with this else I wont renew!

Since the past week I have been having the same problem. Each day there is a request to reboot in order to complete an update. What's going on? :wacko:

I've carried out 3 re-boot_s so far and am being prompted to do another. Really, for a company that's meant to be a market leader in security software, this is pretty poor. So, I now need to go into Safe Mode etc. do I? No wonder Kaspersky tops protection polls - no such problems. Come on guys, get your act together.