golfe

[resolved In Bitdefender 2013] Toolbar Add-on And Thunderbird

91 posts in this topic

Just purchased and installed (yesterday, 17 Dec.) BitDefender Internet Security 2012. The Thunderbird toolbar add-on is not working properly, as far as I can tell.

The following toolbar buttons are not working:

"Add Spammer" - I assume this quickly adds an address to the Spammers list; nothing happens when I click.

"Add Friend" - Same as for above.

"Spammers" - Nothing opens when I click this.

"Friends" - Nothing opens when I click this.

I am able to mark something, "Is Spam" and the email moves to the appropriate junk folder. Additionally, the "Settings" button opens the setting menu.

I am using version Thunderbird 8.0 with bdToolbar 7.0.

What do I do to fix this issue?

Also, while I am posting - be aware that the Thunderbird 9.0 (and Firefox 9.0) final version is being released on 20 December 2011. So if there is any work to be done to prepare the bdToolbar to be compatible with Thunderbird 9.0 please perform it.

Hello

The update for Thunderbird is delivered via product update.

Please manually update Bitdefender from the main interface and reboot your machine.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28647

Let me know if the issue is solved after that.

Thank you.

No, that did not fix the issue. There is no change.

I am a new customer (I have the Bitdefender product for two days). So I assume the installation of a brand new product would have most major updates included already. Nevertheless, I manually updated immediately after installation. Manually updating again did nothing.

Is this issue version-specific for Thunderbird? That is, will others have this problem tomorrow when Thunderbird 9.0 is released?

I am having basically the same functionality issue as Leopard Ben in this thread:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30274

Hello

The update for Thunderbird is delivered via product update.

Please manually update Bitdefender from the main interface and reboot your machine.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28647

Let me know if the issue is solved after that.

Thank you.

Leopard Ben Edited by golfe

Hello :)

We are running some test today and I will get back to you with an answer.

Thank you.

All seems good on my PC, using Thunderbird 9.0.1. All B.D. Toolbar options are working properly when an email is left clicked (highlighted) :huh:

BDversion.jpg

Hi columbo

Thank you for your feedback.

Happy Holidays!

You're welcome, and Happy Holidays to you too. :D

Edited by columbo

Yes, well, the B.D. Toolbar for Thunderbird 9.0.1 is still not working correctly for me. Still the same issue from 18 December (my original post).

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Just purchased and installed (yesterday, 17 Dec.) BitDefender Internet Security 2012. The Thunderbird toolbar add-on is not working properly, as far as I can tell.

The following toolbar buttons are not working:

"Add Spammer" - I assume this quickly adds an address to the Spammers list; nothing happens when I click.

"Add Friend" - Same as for above.

"Spammers" - Nothing opens when I click this.

"Friends" - Nothing opens when I click this.

I am able to mark something, "Is Spam" and the email moves to the appropriate junk folder. Additionally, the "Settings" button opens the setting menu.

Hi golfe :)

Just a follow up thought to my post about it working on my PC, I wasn't sure if you knew, since you just bought B.D. on the 17th, that you have to click on an email to get all the options to show for what can be done with an email. Below may explain it visually better, and you can go from there as far as additional support from members here, if it still isn't working properly. I apologize if you already knew this, but I figure with a new install of B.D., why not cover that base, just to be sure, and you can go from there. :)

ThunderbirdBD.jpg

ThunderbirdBD1.jpg

Yes, thank you for your follow-up.

Unfortunately, I was already aware that highlighting of individual emails highlights all the options in the toolbar. The issue for me is the 'add spammer', 'add friend', 'spammers', and 'friends' buttons do not function even when an email is highlighted. As far as I can tell, the 'is spam' and 'settings' are the only buttons functioning.

Welcome back

Could you please tell which email service are you currently using? Do you have Gmail?

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

No, I am not using Gmail.

I am using Thunderbird 9.0.1 email client. I have two email accounts on the client: GMX and AIM (AOL) mail. The toolbar buttons do not function in either account.

Is there a way to reinstall the toolbar - besides reinstalling the entire Bitdefender suite?

Welcome back

Go to Thunderbird and disable the extension from the list. Reboot and repair our product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31145

This is the easiest way to do this. :)

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Take care.

Christian, I performed the repair per your instructions.

The Bitdefender toolbar is still not working.

Suggestions?

Thank you Christian.

I performed the action per your request and sent you a PM (but I'm not seeing the PM being sent in my control panel). Please let me know if you have received it.

Edited by golfe

Thank you Christian.

I performed the action per your request and sent you a PM (but I'm not seeing the PM being sent in my control panel). Please let me know if you have received it.

Nevermind, I know you have received the PM I sent. I just noticed that one has to tick the box to save "sent" messages to my control panel. Regardless, I look forward to your response.

Hi :)

I have received you message. I am currently investigating the logs and I will get back to you when I have new information about thins.

Thank you for your time.

I have received you message. I am currently investigating the logs and I will get back to you when I have new information about thins.

Thank you for your time.

Hi Christian.

Any progress on this issue? I know you are inundated with many issues and I do appreciate your efforts - just keeping it on your mind.

I exchanged a couple of messages with columbo from this thread. He mentioned that he is not having any issues with the toolbar in Thunderbird. He did say that he performed a fresh install of Thunderbird after Bitdefender IS 2012 was already installed. I performed the exact opposite order of installation. Could that be a clue to solving the issue?

Edited by golfe

I am glad columbo contacted you. We are still investigating this and our machines we could not reproduce it.

You can also try to follow those steps to see if this is still reproducing on your machine.

The installation steps can be found here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Take care.

I will try to uninstall Thunderbird and perform a fresh install of that program to see if it fixes the issue. I will respond with the outcome to let you know if that corrected the issue.

In the meantime, here is some other information about my system:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Thunderbird 9.0.1 has the following add-ons: bdtoolbar 7.0, Lightning 1.1.1, and Test Pilot for Thunderbird 1.3.4.

I will try to uninstall Thunderbird and perform a fresh install of that program to see if it fixes the issue. I will respond with the outcome to let you know if that corrected the issue.

In the meantime, here is some other information about my system:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Thunderbird 9.0.1 has the following add-ons: bdtoolbar 7.0, Lightning 1.1.1, and Test Pilot for Thunderbird 1.3.4.

I performed the above, but the issue was not resolved.

The steps I performed are as follows:

1) Disabled Bitdefender toolbar in Thunderbird

2) Complete uninstall of Thunderbird 9.0.1 (including program folders, profiles, and registry entries)

3) Bitdefender repair and reboot of computer

4) Reinstall of Thunderbird (fresh installation, no profile added back)

5) Enabled Bitdefender toolbar in Thunderbird (only other add-on installed is Test Pilot for Thunderbird 1.3.4)

The issue still exists that some of the toolbar buttons (all four of the spammer and friends buttons) are not functioning. Any other suggestions? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thank you for the confirmation.

I will test this on several machines and I will come back with fresh information.

Thank you.

Great, thank you Christian.

I look forward to your follow-up.

I should add that my Thunderbird installation has several plug-ins too, but nothing out of the ordinary and nothing related to an obscure program. The plugs-in are for things like Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, iTunes, Java, Flash, Silverlight, etc...common programs.

Hello

I think I have discovered something in the tests. Do you use a IMAP server for those mail services?

Please post here the settings from your email client(server, port, connection type, etc).

Thank you.