Guest Moses

Firefox

24 posts in this topic

Hello,

I downloaded BDIS new version. I can not access my account using FF 6. If I want to access a site for example Jerusalem Post I have to restart FF. The connection speed is slow.

My connection to internet is wireless, ADSL 2+. The ping is 275ms , download speed 5.11Mbps, upload speed o.49Mbps. My ticketID is 201108091017112. I have no other antivirus

installed on my computer. I am not the only one who has problems with FF. CPU usage during full scan sometimes over80%. The temperature is sometimes over 60C.Now I do a full scan to see how long it'll take. My OS is W7Home premium 32bit, intel duo core, 4Gb ram and 2.53MHZ. My Romanian brothers, can you fix the problems?

Sa nu credeti ca sunt un pisalog. Eu va descriu experienta mea cu BDIS. Inainte Am avut BDTS dar acum vreau sa incerc BDIS. Ma intereseaza produsul. Va urez succes in munca voastra.

Toate cele bune

Moses

Hello,

I downloaded BDIS new version. I can not access my account using FF 6. If I want to access a site for example Jerusalem Post I have to restart FF. The connection speed is slow.

My connection to internet is wireless, ADSL 2+. The ping is 275ms , download speed 5.11Mbps, upload speed o.49Mbps. My ticketID is 201108091017112. I have no other antivirus

installed on my computer. I am not the only one who has problems with FF. CPU usage during full scan sometimes over80%. The temperature is sometimes over 60C.Now I do a full scan to see how long it'll take. My OS is W7Home premium 32bit, intel duo core, 4Gb ram and 2.53MHZ. My Romanian brothers, can you fix the problems?

Sa nu credeti ca sunt un pisalog. Eu va descriu experienta mea cu BDIS. Inainte Am avut BDTS dar acum vreau sa incerc BDIS. Ma intereseaza produsul. Va urez succes in munca voastra.

Toate cele bune

Moses

Hello Moses, the same type of connection I have at home, ADSL2 +.

Yesterday I updated Firefox to version 6.0 but I not have this problem, I can connect to my account without any problem.

When using Mozilla 5 encounter such problem?

Give you advice, do not know how much help you, but try it. On Firewall tab, go to Advanced in Application Rules and delete rules that contain mozilla firefox. Then try to see you can connect to your account.

Best Regards

Edited by Gini™

Hello Gini,

I followed your instructions: the same problem. I can not connect to my account. FF 5 did not work too. Full scan 1:19:07 but cpu usage sometimes 100% and high temperatures. I have speed fan installed and I can see cpu usage and temperatures. I hope that Bitdefender team will do something.

Thanks,

Moses

Hello,

Does the issue occur with FF 5 or just with the new beta version 6 ?

Hello DanyDan

The same with FF 5. Now I have FF 6 not beta.

Regards,

Moses

@Moses, try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox 6.

My installation was corrupted the first time I installed it, without the installer telling me anything about it.

I had to uninstall/reinstall a second time to have a working Firefox 6.0.

I would uninstall/reinstall BDIS too, rebooting the computer at each step, just to make double sure.

Use the uninstall tool and BDIS setup links from the pinned topic in the parent section of the Antivirus forum.

Hello Chimel,

I did what you tell me but the problem persists.

Thanks

Moses

Hello,

Is it possible to fix the problem with FF 6 ? I can not access my Bitdefender,no Jerusalem Post page. It seems that BDIS 2012 works better with IE than FF 6.

Regards,

Moses

Hello,

@Moses: would you agree with a remote session ? I need more details about the issue you encounter in order to test and try to reproduce it. You mentioned "I can not connect to my account". What account are you referring to ? Any error message ?

Try to disable the following options within BitDefender and let me know if the issue still occur:

- disable AVC under Settings -> Antivirus -> Shield;

- disable Firewall;

- disable IDS under Settings -> Firewall -> Settings;

- disable the options below from Privacy Control -> Antiphishing:

= Protection against fraud;

= Protection against phishing;

= Scan SSL;

IMPORTANT: after you disable each module/option test to see if the issue is resolved or persist.

Regards,

Don't post in Romanian in an English forum please. Post removed.

Hello DanyDan

I followed your instructions, the problem persists. If you want to have a remote session it is OK.Is it possible today?

Regards

Moses

Yes, sent you the details via PM.

Reply with your phone number, TeamViewer ID and password set.

Regards,

Hello,

Yes, it is possible today. In fact, tried to connect as we speak.

Password changed. Send me the new password via Private message. Made the post invisible for your own safety as the requested info are considered private information.

Hi DanyDan,

I talked with my ISP and everything is ok. Tha gateway filter is from modem. IE is faster comparing with FF. I think that the problem is with FF and bitdefender.

Thanks

Moses

Hello,

IE is faster than FF. The gateway is 10.1.1.1. Both use the same gateway. Why is IE faster than FF. Reading the posts I am not the only one who has trouble with FF that is slow. BDIS 2012 works better with IE. Can the issue be fixed or not? How long it'll take ? I still wait for a fix.

Regards,

Moses

Hello,

IE is faster than FF. The gateway is 10.1.1.1. Both use the same gateway. Why is IE faster than FF. Reading the posts I am not the only one who has trouble with FF that is slow. BDIS 2012 works better with IE. Can the issue be fixed or not? How long it'll take ? I still wait for a fix.

Regards,

Moses

Moses , just a quick question about FF ,, do you have Personas installed ?

Hi Gordow,

No.I did not install 'personas'

Regards,

Moses

Hello,

FF is solved. I unistalled MFF, reinstalled it, but without Google toolbar. I can access now my bitdefender,Jpost etc.

Moses

How did you manage to use Google toolbar in Firefox 5 and above ?

Funny, I do have the Google toolbar on FF6, and can access my BD account or jpost.com just fine.

I have BDAV, though, not BDIS.

Usually my first reaction when I see antivirus sites such as BitDefender are blocked is that there's a rootkit on the computer that's blocking it. It's a typical measure they take so you can't find help in the forums or download antivirus software to eradicate the virus or rootkit.

Glad it's fixed, too bad you can't get your bookmarks the easy way.

You can still try https://www.google.com/bookmarks for a web interface instead of the toolbar button.

@Chimel: I've checked his PC remotely and found nothing suspicious. My first guess was also an infection; still he was able to use the old Myaccount Page ( https://myaccount.bitdefender.com ) however the new MyAccount page was blank ( https://my.bitdefender.com ).

@Moses: so I should understand that the issue was due to the Google Toolbar ?

@L.o.D.: MFF - Mozilla Firefox :)

Is there an update for the Bitdefender AntiPhishing Toolbar 2.0 to be compatible with FF 6?

Hello,

BDIS is in a trial mode. My current IS is AvastIS 6 plus Mbam. Then I do not think that it was a rootkit. I uninstalled FF rebooted pc and reinstalled FF 6. There is an add-on: Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.7. that can be downloaded from Mozilla. This makes Google toolbar to work with FF 6. It is possible that Google to be the problem; really I do not know.

Regards

Moses