• Announcements

• cpucean

Bitdefender Business Support Forum Rules - Read carefully before posting   09/13/2016

Bitdefender Business Support Forum Rules (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING) In order to post to the Official Bitdefender Support Forums, you will need to register using a valid email address, and following the instructions to validate your membership. If you like to register, click here. GENERAL RULES Understand that once you have registered as a new user, you consequently agree with ALL THE FORUM RULES written below. These rules were designed to ensure you get the most from interacting with other users in a pleasant and constructive manner and to prevent any sort of abuse. 1. First and foremost, this is a support forum for Bitdefender. Do NOT post comparative tests for security software for they are unrelated to the main character of the forum. Also, the support process can take many forms: a troubleshooting routine is meant to locate the cause of the issue not offer a permanent solution –do NOT post replies in the form of "I need a fix now" instead of the information requested for without locating the cause there isn't any way to implement a fix. 2. Once an official position has been posted concerning a bug in Bitdefender and the ETA for the fix, the topic will be closed down. Do not ask for the topic to be reopened unless you still have the bug after the update targeted to handle this issue. 3. Users that have reached a 50% warn level will have their posts subjected to moderator approval and if they continue to ignore forum rules their account will be banned. 4. Users are not allowed to use clones(using more than one account by a single person). Breaking this rule will lead to a permanent IP ban. 5. Users are not allowed to use anonymous proxy. Breaking this rule will first result in a warning, followed by subjecting the user's posts to moderator approval/banning of the account. 6. When reporting an issue concerning Bitdefender make sure to offer the following basic information: - name and version of your Bitdefender product; - name and version of your Operating System; - the complete error message (if any) that you receive and, if possible, attach a screenshot with it; - name of other security solutions that you are running; - when asking questions about (un)detected files (false alarms, or files that you suspect to be infected, but aren't detected), please attach a complete Bitdefender scan log. Be sure to keep Bitdefender fully updated so the log contains accurate info – on the support forum we only accept the posting of scan logs, for sample submission of false positive/false negative samples please upload them onto a web based platform where we can retrieve and analyze them. 7. Topics related to the lack of response from the support department need to be backed up by as much information as possible concerning the issue that you have been facing. When you send an e-mail to support a Ticket ID will automatically be created - make sure to mention it in the forum post for it will speed up the entire process. 8. Moderators do NOT offer support by PM. Do not send personal messages to moderators unless they expressly request it from your side/ you wish to have a closed topic re-opened/ you wish to report a forum member or topic for abusive language or spam/ you are unsure as to posting a possible solution and you wish to consult with a moderator first. All users are treated as equal on this forum and by sending a PM to a moderator you will not be entitled to faster support. In case of rule violation reports, you can also use the built-in Report button to announce all moderators that there's a topic/post/user that violated the posting rules. Please do NOT use this function to ask for help, or announce the moderating team that you need urgent support! As said, all issues are handled as fast as possible, and none has priority over another. 9. Any form of aggressive language, directed at other forum members or at the Bitdefender Moderating Team or staff is completely forbidden. Continuous attacks will result in an account suspension or BAN. Also, any form of explicit, antisemitic or racial language, or social attacks (by images, text, PMs, signature, or any other form of communication on Bitdefender forum) will NOT be tolerated and will result in an immediately account BAN. Take into consideration that this forum a public place. Treat everyone else just like you want to be treated. 10. Users are not allowed to open polls on the Bitdefender Support Forum. The only members that are allowed to open polls are the moderators. FORUM SIGNATURES, AVATARS AND DISPLAY NAMES The signature is optional on the forum, and should be a personal message of the user that chooses it. Moderators are obliged to include a link for the Bitdefender Forum Rules in their signature. Users will only be allowed to display a custom signature after having completed 15 posts on the forum. The following will NOT be tolerated: 1. Any type of explicit reference to the brand name and symbols of other security solutions available on the international market today, except Bitdefender. This is a support forum dedicated only to Bitdefender and advertising competitor products will lead to editing out the advertisement and a 20% increase in the warn level. 2. The use of images higher than 300 pixels width and/or 100 pixels height. 3. The use of images or text containing the words "Moderator", "Administrator" or "Admin" in the signatures. These will only confuse other users. 4. The use of images taken from other users of this forum. Please use unique avatars. 5. Use of signatures pointing to external links,they will be removed without any notice. WARNINGS Those who repeatedly violate these rules will receive a warn/suspend/ban. POSTING RULES 1. Topic titles must be as concise as possible, and starting posts must provide relevant information on the issues included, to ensure a fast and precise response from those who are willing to help. For example: avoid titles such as "Heeeeeelp!" but instead write "Question about the Bitdefender Antivirus". The last title has a lot more chances of receiving fast responses. Also, topic titles such as "Program X ######! " together with the lack of any constructive arguments will not be tolerated, the topic will be deleted and the user will receive a 20% warning. 2. Post new topics in the correct sections. The forum is structured by Product type (Home/Office or Business protection) and by product version (2008, 2009, 2010 or older versions). If you post the question in the correct section, you have a higher chance of getting a correct answer for your problems. 3. Bumps/Topic advertisements or any other attempts to make a topic more visible without adding any new or relevant information will NOT be tolerated and the post will be DELETED. 4. When posting a reply on a topic try to keep the suggestion within a relevant range – for example, when there is a post concerning an error message in Bitdefender 2009 do not recommend downgrading to Bitdefender 2008 for this suggestion does not address the original issue. Multiple posting of this type will lead to an increase of the warn level with 20%. 5. Off-topic replies (those that have nothing to do with the topic) will be deleted, and users will also receive a written warning . Repeated posting of off-topic replies will lead to an increase in the warn level with 10%. 6. Keep text color, fonts and letter casing within a normal and pleasant range - any post that contains only upper case text will automatically be subjected to editing, the same applies to posts containing characters larger than size 20. 7. Before opening a new topic, we strongly suggest that you use the SEARCH button, to be sure that the problem was not already discussed. In case you start a new topic with an issue that was already discussed, the new topic will be closed down, redirected and merged into the initial one. 8. Do not ask the same thing on more sections of the forum. Do not post the same topic more than once. Twin topics will be removed and redirected to the original one in order to avoid confusion. 9. Do NOT request/post warez software, cracks, serial numbers or any other actions which involve software piracy. Topics and replies related to cracking security software, advice on breaching security systems, cracking security protocols, flood attacks or posts that promote cracking or Internet attacks in any way will be deleted at once and the users that posted them will have their accounts suspended at once. Also, no support will be offered for users that are using a cracked version of BitDefender on their systems. 10. Please avoid topic titles such as "URGENT" since all cases are treated as soon as possible. 11. Be patient – there are a lot of issues on the forum and we are doing the best we can to answer them all. Therefore, you may receive your answer immediately, but it may also take several days just as well. 12. We do not allow people to post threads that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations – all topics of this type will be automatically DELETED . Explicit advertising is also prohibited. FORUM RULES ARE SUBJECTED TO CONTINUOUS MODERATION AND CAN BE CHANGED AT ANY GIVEN TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION. ANY TOPIC DEBATING FORUM RULES WILL BE CLOSED DOWN AND AUTOMATICALLY DELETED FOR THESE RULES ARE NOT SUBJECTED TO DEBATE. Bitdefender Business Support Forum Team
dreamgear

V3.0.9 Update Server Doesn't Clean Up After Itself

56 posts in this topic

Hi Adriana

Thanks. I have installed the patch on both servers.

Do i need to delete the 20GB of updates, or will the update server automatically remove the old updates when it runs?

Regards

Scott

Hello, sgoodbrand!

The optimization kit released(you can find more details here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27529 )

solves the update folder size issue.

The tool will detele updates older than 3 days, which do not automatically get cleaned by themsleves.

Regards,

Adriana

Adriana, why haven't we been informed of this by email or phone? It's only by chance that I noticed it was BD that was chewing up my disk space. And not everyone comes to the boards here. I know you're probably not personally responsible for communicating with BD clients, but someone over there should get their act together.

Seth

I share Seth's concerns.

I had a ticket open on the disk space before the "enhancement" was released, but even still I was never notified that the package existed.

Adriana, why haven't we been informed of this by email or phone? It's only by chance that I noticed it was BD that was chewing up my disk space. And not everyone comes to the boards here. I know you're probably not personally responsible for communicating with BD clients, but someone over there should get their act together.

Seth

Hello, everybody!

I apologize for all these misunderstandings.

Nevertheless, a solution to this issue has been posted and notified on this forum, at the "Business Protection" section, in order to let users know that the fix has been released.

Regards,

Adriana

Hello, everybody!

I apologize for all these misunderstandings.

Nevertheless, a solution to this issue has been posted and notified on this forum, at the "Business Protection" section, in order to let users know that the fix has been released.

Regards,

Adriana

Adriana,

The KB mentions that the new Optimization Pack is for version 3.5 only.

Our Bit Defender is Business Client v3. Will this Optimization pack work for us? Or do you have any other Pack?

We are having the same problem, and I am running out of space on our server.

Thanks

Duwady

Hi Duwady ,

Please can you tell me what Bitdefender Management Server version is installed on the machine? Open the Management Console and click the ABOUT Tab.

Thank you .

Andrei Ionescu

Adriana,

The KB mentions that the new Optimization Pack is for version 3.5 only.

Our Bit Defender is Business Client v3. Will this Optimization pack work for us? Or do you have any other Pack?

We are having the same problem, and I am running out of space on our server.

Thanks

Duwady

Hi Andrei,

It says: Product Version: 3.5.0 and Build Number: 3.5.2.153

Does that help?

Thanks

Duwady

Hi Duwady ,

Please can you tell me what Bitdefender Management Server version is installed on the machine? Open the Management Console and click the ABOUT Tab.

Thank you .

Andrei Ionescu

Hi Duwady,

You have installed the latest version of Bitdefender. The optimization pack will work and resolve the issue regarding the update folder size.

Have a good day.

Andrei.

Hi Andrei,

It says: Product Version: 3.5.0 and Build Number: 3.5.2.153

Does that help?

Thanks

Duwady

Hello, Florent!

The BitDefender Business Team has contacted you with the solution.

Regards,

Adriana

Hi Adriana,

I will need urgently the same solution, as the folder is increasing exponentially. Can you please contact and explain the details and procedures, please?

Thank you, and regards.

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

The Bitdefender Support Team already contact you by email.

Regards,

Andrei

Hi Adriana,

I will need urgently the same solution, as the folder is increasing exponentially. Can you please contact and explain the details and procedures, please?

Thank you, and regards.

Cristian

Hi,

I am also having the same problem could you please e-mail me the patch as well.

Thanks

Hi ,

The Bitdefender Business Team already contact you by email.

Regards,

Andrei

Hi,

I am also having the same problem could you please e-mail me the patch as well.

Thanks

Hi

I have version 3.5 (updated from the download site within the last few weeks) and have applied the Optimization pack but I still have over 100Gig of updates sitting on my servers drives. I ran the installer which appeared to install something but never had any "finished" or indication that the install was successful. Is this normal. The server has been restarted several times since install but still no change to disk usage. Is there some sort of policy that need to be configured (no documentation regarding this pack). The server is running small business server 2011. Please help

regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

I'm very sorry for the late response.

Please verify again the size on disk for the var\www folder located in c:\program files\common files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Update Server.

Also open the Bitdefender Management Console,click on the About Tab(in the right-upper corner of the screen) and tell me again the Bitdefender Management Server version and Build No.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Andrei

Hi

The managament console build number is 3.5.2.242. The original install for this site was back in August 11 2011. The server is a SBS2011 machine, running an intel motherboard Xeon CPU and 16Gb memory with raid 1 1Tb WD black edition sata 3 drives. The update server is killing this server. When it is downloading updates it runns the hard disks to 100% and all workstations lock up. I have disabled the update server to allow normal busines to carry on. I would be happy for it to do a download at exact scheduled times but this does not appear to be an option.

The Var/www folder is currently sitting at 190GB. Initially I though my customer was going wild with his camera images ( I don't think even he could use that much data upo) but then traced it down to this update server!

What do you suggest beofre I remove the product completely

regards

Keith

Hello, Keith!

Provided this message reaches you in time, please do include an email address where we can deliver you a set of binaries in order for you to exchange. This issue is solvable.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Adriana

Hi Adriana

I have3 already removed it as the customers server was dragging its bum every time the update server started downloading. I'm happy to re-install again and add the extra bits that you mentioned in your previous post. Is there a way to actually schedule the update server to do downloads at particular times rather than it doing it on an hourly or similar.

I can be contacted on keith@rajenks.co.nz. My email address is in my profile

Hello Keith,

I have contacted you by email.

I am waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Andrei

Hi Andrei

As I replied in my email I have already applied the Optimization update (and mentioned this in a previous post). I even tried adding this several times but it has made no difference

Hi Keith,

There is no need to run more than one time the Optimization Patch. Please tell me what was the maximum amount(size on disk) for the var\www folder and what is the actual size now.

It will take some time to erase this amount of data.

Regards,

Andrei

I had left it for a couple of days (this server has Tb disks so spare space was not an issue) but no change to the storage. At this stage I have removed the management server completely and manually recovered the 180Gb of disc space. I also removed it as the update server seemed to be wildly downloading and thrashing the server disks. I'm well aware of the settings where the download interval is configurable but this is only changeable by number of hours. I'm guessing that the time interval is based on when the update server process starts???? If so setting the time period is not helpfull. Can the actual time that downloads are started configurable????

Hello,

I also have an issue with the update server.

I am running 3.1.9 version and the folder is about 50 Go. An you tell me where to find the related patch ?

Thanks in advance.

Grochat