L.o.D.

Bad Update Or....? - Solution Here: Http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18789

1,651 posts in this topic

I can't start BD Desktop Update Service in order to update the new patch.It says bad request or something.Any help?

@enoch0o: A patch for the 2009 version was released a couple of hours ago as you can see on this announcement. For version 2008 a patch will soon be released (we will keep you posted with upcoming events in this section).

Have you tried to manually restore the files from the BitDefender Quarantine?

Could you also please tell me what BitDefender product you are using and what operating system?

Thank you.

@enoch0o: A patch for the 2009 version was released a couple of hours ago as you can see on this announcement. For version 2008 a patch will soon be released (we will keep you posted with upcoming events in this section).

Could you also please tell me what BitDefender product you are using and also what operating system?

Thank you.

I'm using BD GameSafe.

"The 2009 and 2010 patches have been implemented via Automatic Update of your

BitDefender (if Bitdefender is running properly)."

This is no help to me since I can't get the BD update service to start.If I could manually restore the quarantined files I would 've by now.

Thanks

Edited by enoch0o

Carmen, has the weekly updater exe file been updated yet?

Maybe that would work for enoch0o?

Could you also please tell me what BitDefender product you are using and also what operating system?

Thank you.

I'm using BD GameSafe.

"The 2009 and 2010 patches have been implemented via Automatic Update of your

BitDefender (if Bitdefender is running properly)."

This is no help to me since I can't get the BD update service to start.

I still can't operate Microsoft Works. I went and bought a new one and loaded and I get the error message. Im not trying to open an exsiting file, this happens on a brand new file.

Edited by brockwilliams

@L.o.D.: The patch for the 2008 version and the weekly update will soon be released.

@enoch0o: In this case you could try to save the Quarantine folder on a USB device. Reinstall BitDefender and repair your system. Then you will be able to copy the Quarantine folder in the same location, restart the computer and restore the files from the BitDefender Quarantine list.

@L.o.D.: The patch for the 2008 version and the weekly update will soon be released.

@enoch0o: In this case you could try to save the Quarantine folder on a USB device. Reinstall BitDefender and repair your system. Then you will be able to copy the Quarantine folder in the same location, restart the computer and restore the files from the BitDefender Quarantine list.

My quarantined files have been restored by the 2009patch.

Now everything SEEMS to be functioning except BD Desktop Update Service fails to run. <_<

So the weekly updater exe file should help those that cannot get the update service within BD to run correct?

enoch0o, when they update the weekly updater exe file, it will be found here.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Deskt...ts-Updates.html

This should get BD updated to the latest definitions & engine.

Edited by L.o.D.

I'm settled everything seems back to normal ,finally after 2 days.I'm just trying to decide to reinstall BD or go a new direction.

Thanks for all the help.At least BD is trying to fix things and will for some.

@Dragon Racing: This issue appeared only on the Operating Systems on 64 bits. Could you please tell us what operating system you are using?

Also, if you did not receive any message that BitDefender moved the files in Quarantine it means that your system is OK. Regarding the issue you are dealing with please reboot your computer. If you are receiving the same message try to use the Repair function from Start -> All programs -> BitDefender v10 -> Repair or Remove.

Bitdefender 2010

Vista 64-bit.

I am not certain, but I believe I missed this fiasco. My computer was in standby much of Saturday morning, hopefully missing the update.

I noticed that my system updated Monday morning. Where do I find the version numbers of the bad update and the current one that we should be using? I do not want to scan my system until I know for certain that I am not running the bad update.

Edited by BitMonts

@brockwilliams:

Please access this web site form where you will be able to download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility;

Browse to 'Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility' and click on the link next to 'Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now';

Select to Save the msicuu2.exe file and after it is saved, please run it. Please click on 'Next' in the new window that will appear, then click on Next and then click on 'Finish' in order to finish the installation of Windows Installer CleanUp Utility';

After the software is installed please click on Start - Windows Clean Up Install and select the Microsoft Works entry in that window;

Remove the installation, then reinstall Microsoft Works and check if the issue still occurs.

RUN RUN as fast as you can. Any company that does something like this will surely make another mistake. Their is no justification for this big of a mistake it just reeks of bad management which cannot be solved and will continue.

Even if I try to reinstall now it says my license key that I purchased a couple months ago is invalid.Why would that happen?

Now I feel totally ripped-off as well as screwed over.

Edited by enoch0o

@enoch0o: Since the files are no longer in quarantine,in order to solve the update issue, please try to use the Repair function from Start -> All programs -> BitDefender 2008 -> Repair and remove.

Also, if anyone else has the Update Service Unavailable and BitDefender 2008 should try to use the patch for BtiDefender 2009.

I am not certain, but I believe I missed this fiasco. My computer was in standby much of Saturday morning, hopefully missing the update.

I noticed that my system updated Monday morning. Where do I find the version numbers of the bad update and the current one that we should be using? I do not want to scan my system until I know for certain that I am not running the bad update.

Open BD, click settings at the top & go into expert mode. Then click the update tab.

It will show the info you need.

Definitions: 5474032

engine: 7.30848

enoch0o, make sure the key you are entering is correct. I have had times where it said mine was invalid only to find I was typing a character wrong.

Edited by L.o.D.

@L.o.D.: In this moment the weekly is only updating the Virus Signatures. We are working on a solution and we will provide you with the details as soon as possible.

Look here folks...

...it's not that difficult.

1. Disable BitDefender's "Real-time protection"

2. Find out which programs you need to download...then download them

3. Download the BitDefender patch

4. Uninstall BitDefender

5. Reinstall your programs

6. Reboot your machine

7. Install BitDefender

8. Install the patch

9. Drink some hot cocoa

@kevinh: I am sorry you think that way. We will make the best we can to learn from this mistake and improve our product and support.

@L.o.D.: In this moment the weekly is only updating the Virus Signatures. We are working on a solution and we will provide you with the details as soon as possible.

I was asking to see if it would help with enoch0o's issue of not being able to update from within BD itself.

The odd thing is, my second PC that is running BD2010 as well never got hit by this & it was running at the time.

@enoch0o: Have you used our uninstall tool in order to remove the product before reinstalling it? Please also try to choose the option to continue using the trial key and when the installation process is finished try again to register it.

You have nothing to worry about. Your license key is valid for the same number of days. This could be just an incomplete installation process.

Open BD, click settings at the top & go into expert mode. Then click the update tab.

It will show the info you need.

Definitions: 5474032

engine: 7.30848

Thank you for your reply.

These are the definition and engine numbers that are showing up on my system. Are they the good numbers or the bad numbers?

I never attempted to "remove" anything from quarantine.

I never attempted to use "System Restore" or anything like that.

First, I uninstalled BitDefender. Didn't even bother with it - except for disabling "Real-time" protection.

I just downloaded the third-party (non-OS) programs shown in the quarantine list and installed them.

The quarantined OS files like in C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINDOWS\System32\ were repaired automatically by the OS.

It's really simple...no probs.

I bet the problem people are having is they tried to reboot their machines before uninstalling BitDefender...and those quarantined system files remained in quarantine...thus the inability to boot from the HD.

Uninstall BitDefender before you do anything else...before you reboot, etc.

{Win7Pro64bit}

{BDAV2010}

{subexpression}