Kaious

Internet Goes Blank

204 posts in this topic

AndreiRC, no sense to do this. I already did that - made flushDNS, network diognastic, WinsockxpFix file, also netsh winsock reset, but without result. Problem is BD2010 November product update!!!

p.s for testing purposes I again put automatic latest updates, while also uncheck Scan http traffic, Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic and Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic. I can say that now already two/three days my network is working :rolleyes:

hmm...problem solved of unchecking those checkboxes...who knows! or just luck :mellow:

Hi,

I'd be interested to hear whether this works for you too?:

I just had the blank page fault occur (managed to force it to happen by watching lots of movie clips, one after the other). While I had a blank page showing, I opened Bitdefender (BD),.... which was in Expert mode....

Went to ... Antivirus / Shield / Custom Level (which WAS in Default mode), ..... and UN-ticked the ''Scan Yahoo Messenger Traffic''.

I then tried to reload the blank page, .... and it opened instantly !

Back to BD, .... Re-ticked the above for Yahoo, .... and re-loaded the page. Again, ... it went to a blank page. Un-ticked, .. and everything was fine. In fact, it seemed to load faster than before.

I pressed the ''Default'' level, then tried Un-ticking the ''Scan Windows Live Messenger Traffic'' ( with ''Scan Yahoo Messenger Traffic'' still Ticked). This had NO effect on reloading the blank page... it remained blank.

Seeing as I don't use Yahoo messenger anyways, .... I've left this option Un-ticked, and will see whether it's prevented blank pages from loading. Will let you know.

Would love to hear whether anyone else finds the same temporary cure to be effective, and whether it turns out that this was the problem all along? If it does work, it's a darn site safer than turning the Antivirus shield off all together (which also works, but leaves you wide open to invasion !).

Edited by boothy99

Interesting approach. I will be sure to try it.

But what happens with those that do use Yahoo Messenger? For example, I do use it. Not too often, but I do.

probably if you use Yahoo messanger and will want to transfer files, BD won't scan this traffic until file will be on PC.

yes, I did the same, unchecked yahoo messenger, http traffic and windows messanger, and everything worked. ok, I'll try to uncheck just yahoo traffic and will see result.

probably if you use Yahoo messanger and will want to transfer files, BD won't scan this traffic until file will be on PC.

Yes, I think that would be the case.

I don't transfer files on Yahoo Messenger anyway, so that's not too bad. In case I would want to do that, I could use different methods than the messenger, I suppose.

Well, at least I'm not the only one with this problem. I've been harassing Microsoft about it since it occurred after I reinstalled Vista. I'll try reinstalling the older version, but if that doesn't work I won't be renewing my Bitdefender subscription either.

Max

Hello all,

We have developed a fix for this issue, but until it will be released through automatic update, we still need to perform some tests. I will add a post here, as soon as the fix will be available. Once again, we apologize for this unfortunate sittuation.

Thank you.

Thanks for the news, Alex. That's good to know that you guys are on it.

Thanks Alex,

In the future, try to keep people posted a bit more. At least every few days leave a post that says 'still working on it'. It may seem redundant, but it will save you customers.

Noah

Just had a BD auto-update come up on my computer this morning. We'll see if this is the fix they were talking about in post #83.

Just had a BD auto-update come up on my computer this morning. We'll see if this is the fix they were talking about in post #83.

Alex said he'll let us know when the fix comes in. They're still testing it.

Hello all,

We have developed a fix for this issue, but until it will be released through automatic update, we still need to perform some tests. I will add a post here, as soon as the fix will be available. Once again, we apologize for this unfortunate sittuation.

Thank you.

For how Long will this go On ?, Untill the Paid License has expired ?

And to disable everything ,Yahoo Messenger,Windows Live Messenger Traffic,http trafic ? etc etc to make Bdefender even run ?, That doesnot sound that my pc is much protected.....

While we're on the subject, can I ask what everyone else's Default Setting is for ''Scan Web (HTTP) Traffic'' in Antivirus / Shield / Default Level. Mine appears to be Un-ticked if using the Default Level settings. Everyone else's the same I hope, or should it be Ticked for Default?

More to the point, ... should I be enabling this anyways?

Cheers.

By the way, .... thanks for the update on the pending fix, Alex. Much appreciated.

I've got my hand up to volunteer as a tester :D .... just let me know.

Edited by boothy99

While we're on the subject, can I ask what everyone else's Default Setting is for ''Scan Web (HTTP) Traffic'' in Antivirus / Shield / Default Level. Mine appears to be Un-ticked if using the Default Level settings. Everyone else's the same I hope, or should it be Ticked for Default?

More to the point, ... should I be enabling this anyways?

Cheers.

Default is unticked, which is surprising really. I am using it ticked in order to have all websites scanned on access.

I have the same problem with you guys. I just did a reformat for the 2nd time. The first reformat all those problems resurfaced within hours after installing bitdefender. My 2nd reformat I left out bitdefender and updated and installed/updated everything else. The Tech suppt admin should at least post someting here even if no immediate fix is available.

regards,

april

He did post above that they have a fix but they're still testing it and they will release it via update when they finish testing. See post #83.

I don't think we should be so easily placated. What has happened here is still completely unacceptable and a shining example of how everyone involved with BD sees us as glorified paying beta testers who they can serve ###### to and still expect loyalty. I'm glad I can get back the money I wasted on my subscription.

I got this message from support:

Please open Bitdefender, click on 'Settings' and then switch UI (User

Interface) to: Expert Mode, click on OK, then go to the Antivirus module,

Shield tab, click on the Custom Level button, make sure the following itmes

are NOT checked:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

Click on the "OK" button in apply the changes.

"Scan HTTP Traffic" was unchecked. I unchecked the other two, though I don't use either of them. I'll post again if the problem recurs.

I have had the same problem. I just isolated it to the same issue Robert identified. I don't know why scanning Yahoo and messenger was blocking web pages, let alone doing it after a while, but this appears to have fixed my problem.

Went to ... Antivirus / Shield / Custom Level (which WAS in Default mode), ..... and UN-ticked the ''Scan Yahoo Messenger Traffic''.

So far, so good, with just Yahoo Messenger option Un-ticked.

Tried forcing the blank pages for an hour or so, with no effect. Everything played .... even had a few movies playing at the same time with no problems.

Hope the real fix comes out soon.

Got an email yesterday saying it may be 2 weeks before we see this issue resolved. At least we have some more details. See below for reference:

To: xx

CC: xx

Subject: Re: [Ticket ID: xxx] Integrated Support - xxx.zip

Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:35:13 +0200

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is

currently being worked on for a fix.

The fix will be done by means of automatic update (in about 2 weeks) and won't

require any additional action from your part.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Best regards,

Stefan Todirica

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

2 weeks?

Oh well, it's better than no news. Thank you!