Kaious

Internet Goes Blank

204 posts in this topic

Ever since I bought BitDefender, my internet just goes blank after a while, which forces me to restart the computer. Each time I restart the computer I can browse again, but like clockwork after a little while I can't get on anything anymore. My instant messaging programs still work, but except for Google, no matter what website I type it, the page is just white blank. Not even a 404 error message. Is BitDefender causing my computer to use up all its bandwidth or something? My downloads stop as well. I basically stop getting data.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have the same problem. I just wanted to add new topic about blank web browser pages and see that someone already did this :) . I have the same situation and I checked that its bitdefender fault. When all my web browsers went blank, I unistalled bitdefender and guess what - internet appeared, so I found who is guilty.

Interesting is that all my radio streamings, donwloadings didn't stop, I checked also connection with my provider by pinging, checked windows network diognastic and all was "passed", so with Network is ok. Only someone is blocking net in web browsers, I thought maybe its Opera fault, tried with explorer, but the same - all pages were blank, didnt want to load information and it happens periodically in 20 -30 minutes after PC restart.

So I hope that some BD expert will help us to find solution, what bitdefender dont like in web browsers.

I dont know if it's realeted to this problem but in Event viewer I often have such warnings and errors:

1. error - "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: bdpredir", appears every time when start PC.

2. warning - "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller : Timed out during an operation", appears often and every time.

But I think there is something wrong with Bitdefender, some wrong FW settings or something, or maybe Bitdefender 2010 has bug or error.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem :).

Yes, I am already feeling so much better ;)

See you after restart ;)

Can anyone help with this? :mellow:

Before I used BD 2008 and was no problems with it, last month I installed new BD2010 and appeared this problem with web browsers.

Same problem here too :( , Internet gets blocked, then after i turn off the Anti virus protection, it immediately works again.

Mods any solution on this? , highly frustrating and too risky to turn off the protection to surf.

Look forward to fast help on this. Thanks

Edited by Amor

I'm also one of the victims of this.

I use BD Internet Securit 2010 and it happens after the major update on Nov-1.

The Nov-1 update is origianlly good to me, as it solves "USB device cannot stopped issue" issue when trying to remove USB disk even if there are not files open or in use in the USB drive.

However, the blank page problem makes me angry - I had to reboot the PC in order to fix - But it will happen again after some short time, esp. if you are using BT...

Now, I fall back to Internet Security 2009 and it works so far so good. May be I will check this forum if issues have been solved before installing 2010 again.

Hello all,

Please try to add the Internet browsers that you are using to the exception list of the Active Virus control option and let us know what happens . Here is what you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .

2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Click on the add button, represented by the plus (+) sign and browse to the location were your Internet browser is installed.

3. Here, select the executable file of that program (.exe) and choose Open.

Test to see if the same issue occurs after that.

Thank you.

Alex, no, the same problem :unsure:

I did like you say, add two exclusions in Active control virus setting for both my web browsers- Opera and also Explorer, and again web pages became blank in one moment. :(

Are there any other ideas?

p.s I also start to think about oldest version or other AV if problem won't solve, I'm tired of this, and actually this began from latest updates, so bokbokchui you are right.

I even disabled Firewall and Antivirus protection, also Privacy control, but without result :mellow:

maybe something should change in Bitdefender system files, i don't know.

I have the same problem, and it started sometimes last week. When BitDefender Real-time protection is enabled, most internet addresses will just display a blank page. The site icon and actual address is updated in the address bar, so I have contact with the correct web-site. Secure (https) pages loads normally - but I have been reluctant to enter my banking credentials until I know what is wrong. This happens in IE, Chrome and Firefox. Turning the BitDefender Antivirus OFF corrects the problem, but this is not a desirable solution...

Before I installed the 2010 version, I have used the 2008 for two years on the same machine (running 32-bit Vista Ultimate)without any problems. A different PC with Vista Home Premium does not show this behaviour either.

I also have this problem, and it started about a week ago. My connection is fine until i use my download manager(IDM). After about a minute or so of downloading, i get white pages for any websites i try to visit, and no connection at all on the download manger. Only a restart of the system will repair the connection, enabling me to browse again, but all the while being without IDM, which is very annoying. :rolleyes:

I also lost my connection twice the other night while streaming a game from nfl gamepass, and was forced to reboot twice during a game. Also very annoying, considering my system takes a bit to reboot. I've only 2 days left before i've to renew my subscription, so i'm hoping for a fix pretty soon for this. I've had other issues in the past two years also, that required uninstalls and reinstalls, so this latest issue is really bothering me. <_<

Hello Giblets, Bitrunner and Explo,

Please try the steps described in this post and let us know if the same issue occurs after that .

Thank you.

Please try the steps described in this post and let us know if the same issue occurs after that .

Thank you.

Could it be possible that the problem has something to do with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vundo

The blank screen is a problem with this virus (among other problems). Also, I ran Spy Bot after reading this anyway (says Spy bot won't work on Vundo) and sure enough i had a "hijacked" browswer (another indication that may be associated with Vundo). I've been running BD and Spybot almost daily to keep things going. Driving me nuts. Haven't finished reading the Administrator update above though . . . will read those too.

Mo

Could it be possible that the problem has something to do with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vundo

The blank screen is a problem with this virus (among other problems). Also, I ran Spy Bot after reading this anyway (says Spy bot won't work on Vundo) and sure enough i had a "hijacked" browswer (another indication that may be associated with Vundo). I've been running BD and Spybot almost daily to keep things going. Driving me nuts. Haven't finished reading the Administrator update above though . . . will read those too.

Mo

Sorry, don't mean to go on about this. But I did find this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefo...ertain+websites

I use primarily use Firefox. So it might be part of the problem. Maybe this will help someone else out too? haven't tried it yet but if it works I'll post any positive result.

Mo

Hello curriebc,

In order to check if this situation is caused by an infection we recommend you to follow the steps from the next article : http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#490. After the reports are obtained, please upload them on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

Thank you.

I have doubts that the blank page reason is of Vundo virus. If really this virus would be in PC, then after unistalling Bitdefender, in any case web pages would be still blank, but it was not so, http traffic restored after unistalling BD, everything was ok until again I put BD2010 on my computer.

By now Im experimenting PC with not updated Bitdefender (only I'm making signature update not product update), and lets see what will be progress. Now seems ok ^_^ , web pages still work.

Tomorrow I will put product update and then will give you results.

Thank you.

Unchecking the "Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic" seems to correct my problem.

(I do not have Yahoo Messenger installed on my PC either).

I have had the some problem since installing 2010 Internet Security. I completed all the actions, no joy. I have disabled everything, no help. Only completly uninstalling BitDefender works.

The support tab on the console is useless, as the information gathering process hangs, will not complete in 8+ hours.

omg didnt realise this was such a big issue and its obvious its all partaining to the 2010 bitdefender only internet security?? I would check the solutions ahem... given in earlier in this post but as well as the blank page problem i cant open the bdef control panel so I cant check/change any configuration critirea from bit defender

I have the exact same problem too, i'm so happy to have at least found where the problem comes from!

Why am I NOT surprised the problem is BitDefender AGAIN?!!!!!!!!

Anyway, none of the tricks mentionned here work for me, the only way I can surf the web after a while is to turn the antivirus OFF, which is obviously not the best solution

Thanks so much everyone. I am so glad that other people are experiencing this so BitDefender will come up with a solution. My internet browser will work for 30 minutes, or 6 hours then all of a sudden go down with "connection error" in the bottom right corner of Firefox. IE does not work then either. At first I thought it was a Port 80 problem, but now I know it is BitDefender. Please post if you find a permanent solution to this problem, I am sick of rebooting all the time.

Much Appreciated

What I know where problem comes from - is Bitdefender update (probably of November)! I reinstalled Bitdefender one more time and turned off product update, and already two days everything works with no problems. but is this a solution!!!!