Edmond Jaspers

Virus : Trojan.swf.iframe.gen

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using BD Internet Security 2008 with Vista Ultimate

Here is what I get on my BD Journal report

Objet :

C:\Users\Edmond Jaspers\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\H3GWAQGW\reusableShell[1].swf

Menace : Trojan.SWF.IFrame.Gen

Etat final : Aucune action possible...

How to get rid of this virus ?

Many thanks in advance

Edmond

Hello EJ Brussels,

Please try to remove these files using a special tool called GMER. Here is what you have to do :

1. Disable the BitDefender real-time protection and/or any other active security solution(s) that you are using;

2. Save the GMER tool (and then extract it if needed) to a location of your choice:

RECOMMENDED: http://www.gmer.net/download.php

alternative: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/gmr.zip

3. Make sure you close all active applications and then run the tool;

4. Allow the tool a few moments to load up and perform the initial scan;

5. In the upper left of the GMER window, you will see the tab "Rootkit/Malware" and ">>>"; Please click on ">>>"; Next click on the tab "Files";

6. Use the tree list on the left to browse and the list on the right to locate the infected file(s):

C:\Users\Edmond Jaspers\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\H3GWAQGW\reusableShell[1].swf

7. Once you located the file select it with one click (in the list on the right), then press the button "Delete"; A new window will open asking you to confirm (choose "Yes");

8. Close the tool once this operation is completed;

9. Reboot the computer.

In order to check whether the virus removal procedure has succeeded, we recommend another complete scan of your computer with BitDefender.

Thank you .