Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Internet Access After Installing Bd Total Protection
Bitdefender Forum > > Workstation
peanpa
Since I installed BD Total Security Trial version on my Acer laptop with AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile technology TL-52 running under Windows Vista Home Premium, I have no local netwerk and internet access anymore. dry.gif My (wireless) connection appears to be correct since I see the network icon indicating that there is a connection. As soon as I uninstall BD, network and internet access is fine again. The previously installed Symantic/Norton was uninstalled, Windows firewall disabled, no other virus, spam, fishing or whatever protection installed.
On my desktop computer running under Windows XP I also installed the BE trial version and there it works flawless.
I use a DAVOLINK DV2020 Multimedia modem for network and internet access. The connection to my laptop is wireless, the connection to my desktop is by cable.

I had a chat session with the support desk and mailed some info that was asked for. Over a week passed by without response. I started a seccond chat session and this time they send some tools to create some files which I send them by e-mail. This is over a week ago now and agin no response yet. From what I read on this forum there seems to be little hope that I will get any response from them at all. It does not seem to bother them that they are about to loose a potential customer!! angry.gif

Since I need internet access on my laptop and cannot do without protection, my latest action was to uninstall the trial version of Bitdefender Total Security Trial version again and install a McAfee Total Security trial version instead. This workes flawless. So now I have decided that if I do not get a response from the support desk within a couple of days and get the problem fixed Bitdefender will be history to me and I will buy a 3 machine licence of McAfee in spite of the fact that it is more expensive!!

Does anyone here have similar network/internet access problems and/or have any sugestions how to tacle this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Peanpa
Niels
Dear peanpa,

I still recommend that you use the specific Norton removal tool and also follow the further instructions in this topic. Because the default uninstaller of Norton doesn't remove everything. Open BitDefender go to the firewall section,click on zones,press on the add button select search on local network set it on trusted press on ok.

Best regards
Niels
peanpa
QUOTE (Niels @ Jan 23 2008, 10:45 AM) *
Dear peanpa,

I still recommend that you use the specific Norton removal tool and also follow the further instructions in this topic. Because the default uninstaller of Norton doesn't remove everything. Open BitDefender go to the firewall section,click on zones,press on the add button select search on local network set it on trusted press on ok.

Best regards
Niels

Hi Niels,

Setting the network as trusted in the firewall was one of the first things I did after installation of BD when I found out that I had a network problem. That did not help. Using the uninstall tool of Norton is not possible for me since that requires the product key which I don't have anymore. I don't have a cd since it was pre-installed when I bought the laptop and I cannot retrieve it from the laptop since I uninstalled it with the Vista uninstall tool.
But thanks anyway. Any other options?

Best regards,
Peanpa
fabiowilly
QUOTE (peanpa @ Jan 23 2008, 10:32 AM) *
Since I installed BD Total Security Trial version on my Acer laptop with AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile technology TL-52 running under Windows Vista Home Premium, I have no local netwerk and internet access anymore. dry.gif My (wireless) connection appears to be correct since I see the network icon indicating that there is a connection. As soon as I uninstall BD, network and internet access is fine again. The previously installed Symantic/Norton was uninstalled, Windows firewall disabled, no other virus, spam, fishing or whatever protection installed.
On my desktop computer running under Windows XP I also installed the BE trial version and there it works flawless.
I use a DAVOLINK DV2020 Multimedia modem for network and internet access. The connection to my laptop is wireless, the connection to my desktop is by cable.

I had a chat session with the support desk and mailed some info that was asked for. Over a week passed by without response. I started a seccond chat session and this time they send some tools to create some files which I send them by e-mail. This is over a week ago now and agin no response yet. From what I read on this forum there seems to be little hope that I will get any response from them at all. It does not seem to bother them that they are about to loose a potential customer!! angry.gif

Since I need internet access on my laptop and cannot do without protection, my latest action was to uninstall the trial version of Bitdefender Total Security Trial version again and install a McAfee Total Security trial version instead. This workes flawless. So now I have decided that if I do not get a response from the support desk within a couple of days and get the problem fixed Bitdefender will be history to me and I will buy a 3 machine licence of McAfee in spite of the fact that it is more expensive!!

Does anyone here have similar network/internet access problems and/or have any sugestions how to tacle this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Peanpa

use the firewall patch
Niels
Dear peanpa,

You can try the patches which fabiowilly suggested. You can find them here.

Best regards
Niels
Berneanu Cristian
The latests versions have that patch included.

Try to disable stealth mode, if that doesn't work, reset the firewall profile to trusted or disable the firewall completely.
peanpa
QUOTE (Berneanu Cristian @ Jan 27 2008, 10:30 AM) *
The latests versions have that patch included.

Try to disable stealth mode, if that doesn't work, reset the firewall profile to trusted or disable the firewall completely.

Hi Christian,

Disable Stealth mode did not help, reset firewall to trusted (was already set to trusted for my home network) did not help either. Disabling the whole firewall helps. Network and internet access are back instantly. However after enabeling again its gone again and ofcourse I cannot do whitout firewall.
I tried the patches as Niels and Fabiowilly suggested with no result. In a final attempt I uninstalled and installed BD total Security again. Same result: no network with firewall enabled.
This whole thing now takes already so long that in the meantime the licence for my trail version has expired!! dry.gif
I am about to throw the towel in the ring and go back to Mcafee again. It is more expensive but at least it works with Vista as it should.

All you guys: Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Peanpa
Niels
Dear peanpa,

Try this go to start,click on network,from the drop down menu select all networks now right click on your wireless card choose properties and uncheck BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Driver and press on ok.
See if this helps?

Best regards
Niels
peanpa
QUOTE (Niels @ Jan 29 2008, 04:05 PM) *
Dear peanpa,

Try this go to start,click on network,from the drop down menu select all networks now right click on your wireless card choose properties and uncheck BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Driver and press on ok.
See if this helps?

Best regards
Niels

Hi Niels,

Unchecking Bitdefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Driver makes no difference.

Thanks for trying to help,

Peanpa
fabiowilly
QUOTE (peanpa @ Jan 31 2008, 12:44 AM) *
Hi Niels,

Unchecking Bitdefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Driver makes no difference.

Thanks for trying to help,

Peanpa

try to update NIC drivers....
peanpa
Again a 1 1/2 week has passed angry.gif since I mailed to the help desk that theire advise was no solution. I gave up and bought mcafee instead of Bitdefender. Works fine!! laugh.gif

Peanpa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.