Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bd Is2008 And Vista Windows Mail Integration?
Bitdefender Forum > > Workstation
Emile
Hello,
I plan to slowly move to Vista.
OE is replaced by Windows Mail, how is the integration with BD IS2008??
No problems? dry.gif
Thanks in advance
darren
While I can't confirm much for you about how well it works, I can at least confirm that it does integrate into Windows Mail.

When you launch Windows Mail, it adds a toolbar to the top for your basic functions. My email comes through Gmail, which filters it first, and has never allowed a piece of spam to make it to my computer - so again I can't confirm how well it would work if spam were making it past Gmail. I can, however, let you know that the default settings work better than the default settings in the built-in filtering in Windows Mail. Windows Mail sometimes marks my legitimate mail as spam, but BD has not does this (yet, anyway). I've never tried to fine-tune either of them though (they are both still at their default settings), since no spam ever makes it to me anyway.

I can tell you that if I were having spam get to my system I would not like the only options that BD allows, though. When it finds something it thinks is spam, it says it will mark it as such, but the only options it gives you for how to handle that piece of mail after marking it as spam is to do nothing and leave it in your inbox, automatically mark it as read and leave it in your inbox, or delete it. There is no way I have been able to find to tell it to move it to the Junk Email folder, which is what the built-in anti-spam feature of Windows Mail does when it finds something it thinks is spam.

Sorry, that's not much info I know but maybe it will at least help you out a bit.
Emile
QUOTE (darren @ Jan 15 2008, 05:38 PM) *
While I can't confirm much for you about how well it works, I can at least confirm that it does integrate into Windows Mail.

When you launch Windows Mail, it adds a toolbar to the top for your basic functions. My email comes through Gmail, which filters it first, and has never allowed a piece of spam to make it to my computer - so again I can't confirm how well it would work if spam were making it past Gmail. I can, however, let you know that the default settings work better than the default settings in the built-in filtering in Windows Mail. Windows Mail sometimes marks my legitimate mail as spam, but BD has not does this (yet, anyway). I've never tried to fine-tune either of them though (they are both still at their default settings), since no spam ever makes it to me anyway.

I can tell you that if I were having spam get to my system I would not like the only options that BD allows, though. When it finds something it thinks is spam, it says it will mark it as such, but the only options it gives you for how to handle that piece of mail after marking it as spam is to do nothing and leave it in your inbox, automatically mark it as read and leave it in your inbox, or delete it. There is no way I have been able to find to tell it to move it to the Junk Email folder, which is what the built-in anti-spam feature of Windows Mail does when it finds something it thinks is spam.

Sorry, that's not much info I know but maybe it will at least help you out a bit.

Thanks a lot for all this information.
I appreciate.
Emile
Hi,
It works without any problem.
darren
QUOTE (Emile @ Jan 21 2008, 10:23 AM) *
Hi,
It works without any problem.

Emile,

You might want to check to see if your email is being scanned for viruses. After my first reply to you, I've since noticed that mine are not being scanned - and a few other people here have also posted the same thing.

When you open BD if you click on "settings" then when that opens on the antivirus tab there is a "more statistics" link. If you click that it will show you statistics for your email scanning.
Emile
Hello,
You are right look at the figures in the screenshot .... huh.gif
Niels
Dear Darren and Emile,

See my reply in this topic.

Best regards
Niels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.