Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: False Detection
Bitdefender Forum > English > Malware & Sample Submission > False Positive reporting
JustPlugIt
Hello,

My name is Zach Yehezkel, I need your immediate attention for my technology is being marked as Adware by your Antivirus software.

My company is www.justplug.it and what we do is develop cross browser extensions for Chrome, FireFox and Internet explorer. We have developed browser extensions for more than 300 different companies.

One of the companies which developed an extension using our platform is www.bcoolapp.com and they have contacted me with this problem. We know the guys at BCool and according to them a company is sending false alarms to antivirus software to block the BCool software in order to steal media spots on the web.

1. Please make sure you clean the extension platform from being detected. There is more than 300 different extensions which have been created. Some of these companies are top brand that can lose millions of dollars if they lose their users or their reputation is compromised.
2. If there is any problem with the BCool applications please contact us and we will disconnect them from our technology. But while you investigate the file please make sure that my other publishers are not affected.

Please help me so that this does not destroy my business or worse my publishers will also have their business destroyed.

Again if you do find a problem I will disconnect the problematic publisher IMMEDIATLEY from using my technology.

Thank you,
Zach
Christian
Hi Zach smile.gif

Could you please post here a download link for the detected files so we can check it out?

Thank you!
JustPlugIt
QUOTE (Christian @ Jul 4 2012, 05:29 AM) *
Hi Zach smile.gif

Could you please post here a download link for the detected files so we can check it out?

Thank you!

Hi Christian,

BCool and be downloaded at http://storagede.info/v17
My company created the extension that is installed with BCoool and you can download the extension directly at http://plugnrex.info/?extension=bcool

The technology is dynamic, every time you download the extension is created and a new file name is given.

Any information you need let me know.

Cheers,

Zach
Christian
Hi Zach smile.gif

Your request was forwarded to our labs. I will get back to you with an answer.

Thank you!
Christian
Hello,

The detection will be removed while we investigate the file.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day!
JustPlugIt
QUOTE (Christian @ Jul 4 2012, 12:35 PM) *
Hello,

The detection will be removed while we investigate the file.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day!

Hello Christian,

The detection has returned. Since this whole scare on my platform I have been struggling to keep it clean and working with all AV companies to come up with a solution.

I have updated my website (http://justplug.it) with many customer feedback and their comments on my work for them. You can also see a couple downloadable examples of what I do on the homepage of the website as well as the feedback. I have gotten permission from my clients to add their linkedin profiles and websites as well so you may contact them if needed.

If is very important we understand that I provide a service and if anyone abuses this service I will disconnect them if necessary.

Looking forward to an update.

Thanks,

Zach
JustPlugIt
Hello,

Can you please check the status, the alert on my platform is still showing as Adware.Agent.NLI

Do I need to open a new ticket.
Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Zach
Christian
Hi Zach smile.gif

You case is currently under investigation. I will come back here with the official answer soon.

Thank you!
Christian
Hello Zach

A new signature was added in the meantime: Adware.Agent.NLK.

We removed this signature and the files detected by it will not be flagged anymore.

Take care.
JustPlugIt
Hi Christian,

Will it be removed today?
As of now I am still seeing a detection on files downloaded from my server:

http://plugnrex.info/?e=alawar

Thank you,

Zach
Christian
Hi Zach smile.gif

Adware.Agent.NLI definition was removed and the websites are no longer blocked, just make sure you have the latest product update.

Take care.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.