Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your License Has Expired
Bitdefender Forum > English > Business Protection > Cloud Security for Endpoints by Bitdefender
Spaski
I have some trouble with some endpoints, on this one specific network, about 4 pc that I know of shows, license has expired. But in the console there is no news about that and all looks fine. It is just on the pc's. I have tried to update them again, but still the same.

Valid License
A total of 29/31 licenses used Expires in 349 day(s)
Licensed Modules, Antimalware Firewall User Control Privacy Control

They were fine a week ago, and endpoint is running for more than 2 months on them.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I am going to try repair, and uninstall etc, but would like to find out what is causing this.
Spaski
Repair did not resolve anything!!!

Problem is not on just one network but on 4 of my networks now, but still only a few of the pc's let say 10 out of 200 on these networks.

Anybody got some ideas?

I am uninstalling and downloading new install package.
Spaski
Something I did notice is that all the computers that give the license expired notice, also shows that the antimalware is not working.

See attached files, for one of the networks.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The text file is a CSV file.

Now trying the new install from the new download, on one of the pcs

Spaski
Uninstall and re-install from client does not solve the problem, but when I did an uninstall from the console, and give it some time to uninstall, it worked right when I did a new install.
So that is one why to solve the problem for now.

But this is very time consuming and is going to cost me to much.
Spaski
Cristian helped me with this one...

"Currently the workaround would be to resend the “license policy” by replacing the current license key with a new one (even a trial or an expired one) and then re-entering the valid license key."

It looks like some clients did not received the license policy/key correctly.

So what I did was change the key to "1234567" waited till it showed invalid license on the console, and then just entered the key again.

So far everything looks 100%, even on the clients where I did not uninstalled the client.

If you go to events, under miscellaneous you will see entry new key received from server!!!!
Andionescu
Hi Spaski,

I will open now a ticket so we can investigate the registration issue more and also you will receive a reply from a Cloud Technical Support Engineer.

Regards,

Andi
Spaski
QUOTE (andionescu @ Apr 19 2012, 01:50 PM) *
Hi Spaski,

I will open now a ticket so we can investigate the registration issue more and also you will receive a reply from a Cloud Technical Support Engineer.

Regards,

Andi

Thanks andi will reply on email. Everything is good at this moment, after the license key was re applied
Andionescu
Topic solved.

andi
JBC
We continue to struggle with this. It seems that endpoints that believe their license has expired will not update their policies.

As we push out exclusions (even at the "permissive" settings Bitdefeder has a large number of false positives for us) we discover that some workstations continue to block legitimate apps. When we troubleshoot we find that the endpoint reports that it has an expired license. This forces us to follow the procedure above. But this is very time consuming (about 30 minutes for the bad license to fail authorization before we can wait another 30 minutes for the valid authorization) and during this time the user is unable to work.

It would be great if this issue could be resolved in a more permanent way.

Thanks,
Brian
Andionescu
Hi JBC,

Thank you for your post and sorry for the late reply.
The registration issue should be solved by now for the Enpoints that have the status expired. You can also reinsert the license are force the Endpoints to retrieve again the key by going to the Bitdefender Cloud Console - click on your account name ( in the right - upper corner of the screen ) - license expires - click on the remaining days - reinsert the serial number - save.

As for the False Positive detection can you send us samples? We need them in order to verify the file and get them whitelisted. You can email us at goldsupport@bitdefender.com
Looking forward for your email.

Regards,

Andi
CatalinD
Hello guys,

I noticed that one of the recommended solutions was to enter a random license key and then enter the correct key. I want to mention that this will cause all the endpoints to expire and only after that they will get the license key.

The correct way to do this is to only enter again the license key and click on Change Key.

Best regards,
Catalin
malster
QUOTE (CatalinD @ Jun 17 2013, 04:02 PM) *
Hello guys,

I noticed that one of the recommended solutions was to enter a random license key and then enter the correct key. I want to mention that this will cause all the endpoints to expire and only after that they will get the license key.

The correct way to do this is to only enter again the license key and click on Change Key.

Best regards,
Catalin

I have this issue now on one of my clients, uninstall download new kit, reinstall still the same, resend licence key via console, still the same.

Client shows expired, but there is a free licence..

Any other clues?
saskpc
I just noticed the same problem on one of my client.
So this issue is not fixed. But that also bring another major concern, I obviously cannot trust the console. Without accurate communication between client and console, this solution is completely useless.
So here is my question to Bitdefender, Can I trust in your product or do I have to look at something else?

Cristi
For these situations where the client doesn't receive its license we have created a KB article describing how to send the key:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...oints-1147.html
saskpc
The problem is not that the expired license is not fixable, the problem is that there was an expired license on the network and the console failed to informed me. This is the problem I am wondering if there is progress in fixing.
Thank you.
QUOTE (Cristi Raducu @ Jun 30 2013, 09:24 AM) *
For these situations where the client doesn't receive its license we have created a KB article describing how to send the key:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...oints-1147.html

saskpc
Is this a question we avoid? Is this a problem that is being ignored?
saskpc
QUOTE (saskpc @ Jul 8 2013, 08:25 PM) *
Is this a question we avoid? Is this a problem that is being ignored?

So has this problem been addressed in the new version????
malster
QUOTE (saskpc @ Aug 14 2013, 10:28 PM) *
So has this problem been addressed in the new version????

It appears to be fixed to me...
saskpc
QUOTE (malster @ Aug 14 2013, 04:25 PM) *
It appears to be fixed to me...

Thank for your feedback, I guess only time will tell if we find other expired license on networks without being notified through the console.
Max Choop
We are still having this problem. Re-entering the new license key doesn't work. Bitdefender support also suggested doing a push upgrade. Doing a push upgrade did not work since the 'push upgrade' works 50% of a time only. I can manually uninstall the old product and do a fresh install. This worked for me BUT I can't do this to all 400 of my clients who might be experiencing the license problem. Cloud console reports the client is working but looking at some clients directly, the license expired and thus offering no AV protection at all.
saskpc
QUOTE (Max Choop @ Aug 16 2013, 03:30 PM) *
We are still having this problem. Re-entering the new license key doesn't work. Bitdefender support also suggested doing a push upgrade. Doing a push upgrade did not work since the 'push upgrade' works 50% of a time only. I can manually uninstall the old product and do a fresh install. This worked for me BUT I can't do this to all 400 of my clients who might be experiencing the license problem. Cloud console reports the client is working but looking at some clients directly, the license expired and thus offering no AV protection at all.

Great this problem was brought up over 1 year ago, still no fix, no update, all we get is a beautifull cut and paste of "push the license again". An automated upgrade that work 50% of the time. ( I have the same issue, in most cases it wont uninstall without the uninstall tool) I sure hope your detection rate works better then the rest.
malster
I logged on to console this morning as I do every morning to check my clients only to find many expired licences from many different companies..

Even my own says Expired !

WTH ???

sublimedyl
Same thing is happening for about 75% of PC's on my network. The Antimalware module has expired. Contact system admin for further details.
sublimedyl
QUOTE (sublimedyl @ Aug 19 2013, 10:19 AM) *
Same thing is happening for about 75% of PC's on my network. The Antimalware module has expired. Contact system admin for further details.

I re-entered the license from the KB article http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...oints-1147.html If this doesn't work they are getting a call in 2hrs. time. My licenses are still good for 954 days and have only first installed since 4-1-13 so there are no expired licenses.
Cristi
Hello all,

Today we will be implementing a mechanism in the Cloud to solve this issue,without you having to enter again the key in the console as this was a workaround.
The procedure outlined in the KB article will still work but the fix will also be applied in the cloud.

Have a great day!
Max Choop
The new cloud console upgrade did not fix the problem for us. As I stated in the previous posting, re-entering the license key did not solve the problem for my 400+ cloud clients. Some are still reporting licensed expired. Support came back again and said the fix is to upgrade to the new version. As I stated to support team again, the automated/scheduled upgrade tasks only works half of the time. The newest upgrade to the cloud console clients version should have not broke the existing older client licenses but it did.
sublimedyl
I have one PC still reporting as not licensed after I re-added the license. This is ridiculous to have gone 3 days without protection for a service that we paid for. Using the contact form for Bitdefender and not getting a ticket # or an email reply. C'MON!!! wacko.gif
malster
My console is still reporting I have 4 end points unlicensed .

Please get this fixed ASAP ! angry.gif

Cristi
If the workstations that appear as unlicensed are the ones that are offline for a long period of time, then they will continue to show as unlicensed until they connect to the cloud and stay online for a couple of hours.
malster
QUOTE (Cristi Raducu @ Aug 26 2013, 10:35 PM) *
If the workstations that appear as unlicensed are the ones that are offline for a long period of time, then they will continue to show as unlicensed until they connect to the cloud and stay online for a couple of hours.

How about if it IS ONLINE and has been for more than 100 hours and it still shows unlicensed ?

I have 3 in this state!

HANDA-BASSEL 192.168.2.11 Updated 2013-08-27 08:24 On Not licensed No
PATE-LAP01 144.131.85.72 Updated 2013-08-26 12:40 On Not licensed No
SENSE-KK-LAP 192.168.2.4 Updated 2013-08-26 19:15 On Not licensed No

Gromit
QUOTE (malster @ Aug 27 2013, 02:10 AM) *
How about if it IS ONLINE and has been for more than 100 hours and it still shows unlicensed ?

I have 3 in this state!

HANDA-BASSEL 192.168.2.11 Updated 2013-08-27 08:24 On Not licensed No
PATE-LAP01 144.131.85.72 Updated 2013-08-26 12:40 On Not licensed No
SENSE-KK-LAP 192.168.2.4 Updated 2013-08-26 19:15 On Not licensed No

I have this issue with one computer so far, has been online every day all day since it was installed last week
and right now it is unlicensed, and antimalware and firewall are disabled as a result, so the user is all
over the web running unprotected! Help!
Comparo
We have same problem and nothing helped so far. 5 licenses left but 19 computers show license status as expired. Those were installed during last two days. The ones that were installed before that are fine. Clearly the problem seems to be that there really are no licenses left, but the license status show that there is. Quite confusing really.
JTB
This is one very dangerous product. An issue with the Cloud licensing and now computers have no protection, not even a firewall. Surely this is litigation city? ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.