QUOTE (MIsterboy @ Dec 15 2009, 08:48 AM)
I've noticed that my computer enters sleep mode during virus scans. I have my computer (Windows 7, 64bit) set to enter Hybrid Sleep after 30 minutes. Often, my virus scan does not complete in that amount time.
What appears to happen, is my computer enters sleep mode. When I wake it up, the virus scan begins again immediately.
What I'd like to do is have the computer stay awake when the virus scan is running. Then when it finishes, it can go to sleep. Is there a way to configure this? I've looked around and have found nothing and I can't find any relevant forum topics.
Any help is appreciated!
Try to change power settings of your system by follow the instructions:
1. From Start menu open Control Panel
2. Select Small Icons in View By drop-down list
3. Click on Power Options
4. Select High Performance power plan
4. You may click on Change plan settings to change advanced settings, you will see that computer is put to sleep Never
5. If selected power plan was Balanced it's clear that BitDefender has nothing to do with Windows sleep feature.
6. You can configure BitDefender to stop scan (I think it's set to default) if your computer is running on batteries and will go to sleep (usually, laptop).