Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding., Error that shows up on BitDefender Tray icon, help required.
Abdulshakour
post Oct 18 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,030

I cannot run manual scan, and when I try to, either the explorer.exe becomes not responding or seccenter.exe becomes not responding depending on from which window I execute the command.

also when I move the mouse to my task bar I see the following message on the BitDefender Icon:

BitDefender Services are not responding. If the problem persists, Please contact BitDefender support.

Also Windows Security Alert shows the following error:
[Virus Protection OFF]
Bitdefender Antivirus reports that it is turned off. Antivirus software helps protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click Recommendations for suggested actions you can take.

I'm using Windows XP Version 2002 with Service Pack 3 installed.
BitDefender Total Security 2008, I don't know how to view the current version of the program, otherwise I'd post it.

the file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace\livesrv.log" is too long to insert in this topic thread, and I don't know how to attach files using this forum text editor, so I will use forum tag to my log file [zipped] into this topic:
livesrv.zip
incase the forum tag doesn't work, the link to download the file is:
http://www.4shared.com/file/67428860/2e9e7adb/livesrv.html]livesrv.zip

If any other information is required please tell me how to locate it and I shall post it for you.

This post has been edited by Abdulshakour: Oct 18 2008, 04:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frosti
post Oct 19 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,068

i also have a similer problem the antivirus turns itself off the tic box and slider grey out so cannot be used and fix problems does not correct it thr antivirus p2p module is unresponsive
i had to reinstall using thr repair function ie reinstall the whole program total security 2009 done this 3x now

+Quote Post
Abdulshakour
post Oct 21 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #3

thanks for the reply Frosti, I would assume that BitDefender is just a rip off program made so that the publishers would collect our money with no feed back what so ever, the program is a total failure and has alot of bugs that would cause it to become unresponsive.. no protection = bad program

in my opinion this program shouldn't be upgraded to 2009 instead you should wisely choose another Antivirus program from other publishers, and hopefully its not another scam.

+Quote Post
kungfu
post Oct 21 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #4

Regular Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 15,746

QUOTE (Abdulshakour @ Oct 21 2008, 04:23 PM) *
thanks for the reply Frosti, I would assume that BitDefender is just a rip off program made so that the publishers would collect our money with no feed back what so ever, the program is a total failure and has alot of bugs that would cause it to become unresponsive.. no protection = bad program

in my opinion this program shouldn't be upgraded to 2009 instead you should wisely choose another Antivirus program from other publishers, and hopefully its not another scam.

I also still have problems with BitDefender Total Security 2008,

May I ask if The Tune up the fileschredder works for you or clean up internet files (Do it 2 times after each other and vieuw the results )?

+Quote Post
Abdulshakour
post Oct 27 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (kungfu @ Oct 21 2008, 08:36 PM) *
I also still have problems with BitDefender Total Security 2008,

May I ask if The Tune up the fileschredder works for you or clean up internet files (Do it 2 times after each other and vieuw the results )?

you absolutely don't need the so called "File Shredder" its the same as when u click on a file or folder and press delete on your keyboard. this won't fix the issue of when a file is being used by another program it won't be deleted. weather u use this fancy named feature or simply clicked delete its just the same.

+Quote Post
freddy89
post Nov 1 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 18,537

hey guys i'm experiencing the same problem as u all with the grey icon and all.... I've seen as many solutions to uninstall it and then reinstalling but to no avail... My system is XP with SP3 and i have unintalled and reinstalled it 4 times over the past week. this is really frustrating..... WHo do i contact for a fix... I wish to remain a BD user as i have used the top 3 antivirus posted by http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/ including ****** and ****..... so far i would say that BD is the best at antivirus and its GUI but its handsdown the most unstable product to date i have used...

One thing for sure the solution of uninstalling and reinstalling it is useless so STOP giving screwed up solutions..... U programmers (geeks) should get off your fat lazy ###### and fix the ###### issue as I n many are paying u so u can go home and stuff your fat face with hamburgers....

P.S: sry if i offended anyone cause i'm ###### to helll

This post has been edited by crysty2k5: Nov 1 2008, 09:28 PM
Reason for edit: removede other av software

+Quote Post
frosti
post Nov 1 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #7

hi
bd been better since an update but still shuts down antivirus real time protection a repair put it back to normal only had one prepain this week getting better happens after a update to any ? program
think they are getting to the bottom of it

+Quote Post
Ramon Duran
post Nov 29 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 19,632

I have solved the problem (Bitdefender services not responding)

1. Download and run uninstall tool http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall
2. Reinstall and setup Bitdefender (Total Security 2009 in my case)

and now is working fine again

+Quote Post
frosti
post Nov 29 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Ramon Duran @ Nov 29 2008, 02:04 AM) *
I have solved the problem (Bitdefender services not responding)

1. Download and run uninstall tool http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall
2. Reinstall and setup Bitdefender (Total Security 2009 in my case)

and now is working fine again

+Quote Post
frosti
post Nov 29 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #10

hi

agreed the ubove works but it may happen again ive reinstalled 5+ times so far last time so far lasted 1 week still going ok tho run xp update sp3 bd 2009 total security

This post has been edited by frosti: Nov 29 2008, 11:48 PM

+Quote Post
santurceman
post Nov 30 2008, 01:39 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 19,735

I am joining this club. This is happening to my two machines (XP Home & XP Pro.) I have reinstalled 3 times on both machines in less than 30 days. I have asked for refund. Let me know if you resolve this permanently. thanks!

+Quote Post
Adison
post Dec 1 2008, 03:09 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 19,781

Above did not work for me.

Uninstall. Install > Must Uninstall... infinity.

Money back only solution?

Real disappointment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Adison
post Dec 4 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #13

Went thru online tech support drill. Ran additional diagnostics. Emailed dilligently. NO RESPONSE (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

On the phone now.

Is this company really that bad?

I can't uninstall, I can't install. This is with their top of the line product Total Security 2009.... this is sad.

+Quote Post
Guest_miecio_*
post Dec 4 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #14

Guests

I don't belive. No answer for this post. I have this same problem!!! Only fix this problem that is reinstall program. But is this a solution ? OMG. Don't belive that engineer form BD could not find solve from this isseues. I bought DB and i spend 130$ this is tragic situation. It was after my 15 days of using. I hope someone help me if next situation will fall on me.

+Quote Post
Adison
post Dec 6 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #15

Spent two more hours with two different online reps.

Tried additional uninstall program. Didn't work.

Tried installing 2008 version, worked okay. Uninstalled. Still couldn't install Total 2009.

Amazing.

I am getting a refund.

Good luck to all. Awful waste of time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
kungfu
post Dec 27 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #16

Regular Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 15,746

I still have problems with the Icon at the taskbar NOT showing up always (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

+Quote Post
Mondriaan
post Jan 10 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 18,700

I have the same problem, the services are not responding anymore, i have reinstalled my xp and it happend again but i made before that time a backup with BD, now if i run this backup, restart, the problem is tackled for some time but it then reappears, backup is then still working and i restore it then, i dont trust that way.

+Quote Post
Mondriaan
post Jan 10 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 18,700

No now even the backup does't work anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:33 PM