Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bitdefender Ts 2009 (seccenter.exe), BitDefender TS 2009 (seccenter.exe)
Taohidul Hassan
post Sep 25 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,892

When I use BitDefender TS 2008 the seccenter.exe file is closed after closing the BD main window but in BitDefender TS 2009 does not close seccenter.exe, it's running. when i run the BD application and after when i close BD application it just hides the application window but not close the file (seccenter.exe) and it uses ram resources (it's actually running in background...whats the reasons...). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

pls see the attached file.

Rgds/ Hassan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 5 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Poster

Member No.: 16,464

I Don't Know Whether It's A Bug Or What But I Have Also Noticed The Same Thing.To Save Ram You Can Safely Terminate This Process From Task Manager.

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 6 2008, 05:45 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Anirudha @ Oct 6 2008, 01:06 AM) *
I Don't Know Whether It's A Bug Or What But I Have Also Noticed The Same Thing.To Save Ram You Can Safely Terminate This Process From Task Manager.

As far I am a paid customer of this product but it seems that I cant continue with this buggy product; I am using this product since two years and felt comfortable...as i found that the latest product TS2009 is well organized security but i found it is also a full of problems or it is not compatible with my pc, but the pc config is ok as far they recommended. so whats the problem. anyway, now i start using another security products suite, until their complete update of this product....

wht r u using? ts 2009?

rgds/hassan

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 7 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Poster

If You Are Using XP SP3 Then Change The Compatibility Of All Executables Of Bitdefender To Windows 2000.Let Us Know The results Then.

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 7 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Anirudha @ Oct 7 2008, 09:20 PM) *
If You Are Using XP SP3 Then Change The Compatibility Of All Executables Of Bitdefender To Windows 2000.Let Us Know The results Then.

yes, using xp with sp3....but how to do it..... not clear ur thoughts....

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 7 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #6

Poster

See I'll Tell You How To Do This But I Am Not Sure Whether It Will Solve Your Problem Or Not.

Go To The Installation Directory Of Bitdefender(By Default It Is Under C:\Program files\Bitdefender.Unless You Have Changed It To Some Other Place Before Installation).Right Click On About Or About.exe, Select Properties.Properties Dialog Box Would Open.Click The Compatibility Tab, Under Compatibility Mode Select The Check Box For "Run This Program In Compatibility Mode For" & Then Select Windows 2000.Continue This Process For All The Files Which Looks Like About Or About.exe.

Also (In The Same Location) Do This For vsserv Or vsserv.exe & Such Similar Looking Files.
Go To C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender.There Will Be 4 Or May Be 5 Folders, Open Each Folder & Do The Above Steps. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 8 2008, 04:38 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Anirudha @ Oct 8 2008, 02:41 AM) *
See I'll Tell You How To Do This But I Am Not Sure Whether It Will Solve Your Problem Or Not.

Go To The Installation Directory Of Bitdefender(By Default It Is Under C:\Program files\Bitdefender.Unless You Have Changed It To Some Other Place Before Installation).Right Click On About Or About.exe, Select Properties.Properties Dialog Box Would Open.Click The Compatibility Tab, Under Compatibility Mode Select The Check Box For "Run This Program In Compatibility Mode For" & Then Select Windows 2000.Continue This Process For All The Files Which Looks Like About Or About.exe.

Also (In The Same Location) Do This For vsserv Or vsserv.exe & Such Similar Looking Files.
Go To C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender.There Will Be 4 Or May Be 5 Folders, Open Each Folder & Do The Above Steps. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

dear anirudha, thanks for your kind help and wish to get back you asap...until then keep in touch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) hassan

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 8 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Anirudha @ Oct 8 2008, 02:41 AM) *

just finished ur steps....got around 39 executable files...and changed to win 2000 compatibility......lets see the performance.... will let u know soon. thx again.

by the way, which version u r using?

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 8 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #9

Poster

Hello Taohidul Hassan,
Please Specify Your System Specs In Your Next Post.
I Am Running XP SP2.

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 8 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Anirudha @ Oct 8 2008, 08:02 PM) *
Hello Taohidul Hassan,
Please Specify Your System Specs In Your Next Post.
I Am Running XP SP2.

hello...anirudha,

P-IV-Intel-2.4ghz. ram-1gb. hdd-120gb. win xp-sp3, bd-ts-2009.

so, wht u r thinking? is this okk.

rgds/hassan

This post has been edited by Taohidul Hassan: Oct 8 2008, 03:37 PM

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 8 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #11

Poster

I Forget To Asked The Startup Items.How Many Of It You Have Apart From BD's Startup Items.

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 8 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #12

hmm...not much items in startup....it just normal programs... messengers, bluetooth... all other programs r manual...

dont think that u can help me...coz i think the problem is with bitdefender products....so thy shd fix this first...

thx again./hassan

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 8 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #13

Poster

See, Before Writing My First Post Here I Was 99.99% Sure That seccentre.exe Problem Cannot Be Solved As This Is What Every Computer With BD 2009 & Running XP Or Vista Has It.Since There Are Some Serious Issues Going On With BD & XP SP3 I Thought Changing Compatibility Might Make A Difference.But I Think That Didn't Helped. Anyway, You Also Mentioned That You Are Using Some Other Security Suite, So For Now Stick To It Untill Some Fix For BD Comes Out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 8 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #14

thanks a lot for your prompt reply, yes dear. coz i already waste lots of time to fix this issue; i studied lots of forum and articles and talked to product supplier.... but failed to fix coz this is their problem. and really wish to get back to this product again when they will release their next update...
as i already told u that i m using now kaspersky and it is also a licensed version...as far i didnot face any problem much...but whatever i just like bitdefender interface and security systems...coz maybe u also know... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

anyway thanks anirudha for your time... and i will also be grateful if u kindly let me inform when they release their next updates...

best regards...hassan

This post has been edited by Taohidul Hassan: Oct 8 2008, 04:42 PM

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 8 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #15

Poster

Well, To Be Honest Stay With Kaspersky For Now But Do Come Back To Try Bitdefender 2010.May Be The Version 2010 Will Be Light & Very stable Than Now It Is, So That You Can Stay With It Without Any Problems. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 8 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #16

Poster

Taohidul Hassan Can You Provide Your Mail ID In Your BD Profile So That I Can Send A Mail To You Regarding Some Info About Security Suite Which You May Like.I Can't Post That Info Here Cause I Doubt It Will Be Edited Otherwise.

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 8 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #17

u can mail me in this id: hassan@crystalcargobd.com

+Quote Post
Anirudha
post Oct 8 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #18

Poster

Hello Taohidul Hassan,
I Have Already Send A Mail To Your ID.Please Check It.If You Didn't Received It Please Let Me Know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Taohidul Hassan
post Oct 8 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #19

Hi Anirudha,
I got your mail, and after implementation I will reply back to you.

Thanks again.
Hassan

+Quote Post
Niels
post Oct 9 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #20

BitDefender Evangelist

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 59

Hello,

This is only a user forum. So if you want that BitDefender take notice you need to contact liveassistance select technical support or log in to your my account. Are you using a 32 bit version of windows or 64 bit?

How many times did you double clicked on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray or right clicked on the icon and choosed show? Sometimes when it seems that BitDefender doesn't respond it's recording how many times that you have clicked on it. I don't have this issue on all my home computers. The system I have are 2 with Windows XP Home edition SP3 installed and 1 Vista home premium SP1.

Kind regards,
Niels

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:54 AM