Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bsod On Logon..., BitDefender Client Professional Plus v8.0.221
hgetis
post Jun 6 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,311

Hello!

Recently my company upgraded BitDefender Enterprise protection, now using Enterprise Manager v2.6 (on the server) and BitDefender Client Professional Plus v8.0.221 (on the network PCs).

By the time the Client was deployed to the network PCs, there were quite a lot stop errors (BSODs - Blue Screens Of Death) occured on different workstations... Fortunately the majority of the stop errors weren't persistent and PCs now are functioning correctly.

But there are still some PCs which as soon as BitDefender starts up, system crashes (BSOD). In general stop errors are occuring randomly in devices relative to Windows Audio (such as kmixer.sys, sysaudio.sys, aec.sys, etc.).. Unfortunatelly, this means that I cannot use at all BitDefender Client on these machines because no user can logon without getting any BSOD. Note that system crashes only when BitDefender services are started and a user tries to logon...

Please give me some advice...

Thank you!

PS.
All the machines were working perfectly before BitDefender Client deployment...

This post has been edited by hgetis: Jun 6 2008, 04:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Mihai_*
post Jun 17 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #2

Guests

please upgrade to the new version of EM and client, this alone might fix the issues you are experiencing

+Quote Post
hgetis
post Jun 17 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #3

hi! please inform me about the what is the latest version of both BitDefender EM and Client, because my company supposedly upgraded our BitDefender products to the latest version (is the v2.6 for EM and v8 for client the latest ones?)..

+Quote Post
Guest_Mihai_*
post Jun 18 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #4

Guests

Hey,

The latest version is V3, user's guide, a migration document and download links for 32-bit and 64-bit servers are available below:
The client has been upgraded as well.

http://download.bitdefender.com/SMB/Workst...EN/Version_3.0/

+Quote Post
hgetis
post Jun 18 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #5

Thank you very much!
It seems that we haven't latest version then..
One more question about upgrading.. Is there any problem with the licences I have? I mean I have licences for 100 PCs and of course the Licence Keys for both EM and Clients.. Upgrade is free? which means that I will use the same keys??

Thanks in advance..! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_Mihai_*
post Jun 18 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #6

Guests

Upgrading is free of charge, however you will not be able to use the same license keys. Please contact the reseller or if you purchased directly send an e-mail to sales@bitdefender with the current licenses you are using and they will generate a new set of keys for you to use.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2014 - 12:33 AM