3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New feature
evil
post Apr 2 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

Hi there i'm using bitdefender internet security quite a long time,...
It's very complete but still i have some little ideas for new features like:

Something that cleans up your internetfiles like cache/cookies etc. so that the computer stays quick and clean :-D

A program that can view attacks from outside and shows some nice details on it,...

Perhaps some xtra skins, or an option with advanced options and basic options,...

keep up the good work,

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Florin Stiuca
post Apr 2 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Frequent Poster

Member No.: 3

OK thanks for the feed-back lets see what the product managers can do and have to say about this (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Anything else?

+Quote Post
Cris
post Apr 3 2007, 06:27 AM
Post #3

BitDefender Evangelist

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Florin Stiuca @ Apr 2 2007, 10:15 PM) *
OK thanks for the feed-back lets see what the product managers can do and have to say about this (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Anything else?

I'd have a request: the firewall seems to be disabled while the Antivirus signatures are updating. This is a serious thing, cos updating takes a long time (even for a small update (less then 100kb) it takes about a minute) and my computer is vulnerable to attacks, and the network I'm in is not very clean.

Is stopping the firewall really necessary while updating virus signatures?

+Quote Post
Niels
post Apr 3 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #4

BitDefender Evangelist

Member No.: 59

Hi Cris

BD restarts every service after an update. Including the service that is used for antispyware,antivirus,firewall protection. If you don't visit harmfull sites then chance that something happened is really low.

Regards
Niels

I would like that BD doesn't need to restart all his services for applying an update.

Could there be more protection to the BD related processes because you can easily kill them as you want to do that?

+Quote Post
khufu
post Apr 3 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #5

Regular Poster

Member No.: 50

What BD need is self defence,and an option to exclude patches from scanning (in real time and also on demand).
And like Niels said, will be nice if BD doesn`t stop his services to apply the update.

+Quote Post
Niels
post Apr 3 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #6

BitDefender Evangelist

Hi khufu

You can already exclude path for being scanned in realtime mode and in on demand mode.
For realtime mode open BD go to antivirus,shield,adjusted level and select the option don't scan this path and press on add item and now browse to the folder you don't want to scan.
On demand scan go to antivirus,scaning then rightclick on the icon of an on demand scan and choose properties then go to scanpath press on add file or folder then browse to that location and then uncheck and confirm by pressing on apply.

Regards
Niels

+Quote Post
khufu
post Apr 3 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #7

Regular Poster

Hi Niels, i know that i can exclude patch from scanning in real time, and there is said: applied to all LEVELS. why is said that if is still scanned in on demand mode?
An for on demand it could be done in more easy like in real time with just an option: exclude patch from scanning. this will be more easier for users.

Khufu

+Quote Post
Niels
post Apr 3 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #8

BitDefender Evangelist

Hi khufu

On all levels means that BD also won't scan the same folder under all subaccounts. Otherwise it will only be excluded on your adminstratoraccount and scanned on the other.

I agree with your second argument that. I made a topic about that : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=17

+Quote Post
khufu
post Apr 3 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #9

Regular Poster

Hi Niels, i have missed that topic (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I usually don`t read help files but now you made my curious and what i find in BD help file:

"Exclude path from scan(applied to ALL LEVELS) Click "+" corresponding to this option in order to specify a folder that will be excluded from scanning. The consequence of this will be that the option will expand and a new option, New item, will appear. Click the corresponding checkbox of the new item and from the exploring window select the folder you want to be excluded from scanning.
The objects selected here will be excluded from scanning, regardless of the protection level chosen (not only for the Custom Level)"

English is not my native language, but from here i do not understand that "Applied to all LEVELS" is refering to User accounts.
I do not say that you are not right, but from my side" applied to all levels" is something like this" exclude patch in real time and on demand".
If you are right than i should read more carefully the help file, or better said i have to start reading help files.
I do not wanna argue, i have just a different point of view.

+Quote Post
Cris
post Apr 3 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #10

BitDefender Evangelist

QUOTE (khufu @ Apr 3 2007, 03:24 PM) *
English is not my native language, but from here i do not understand that "Applied to all LEVELS" is refering to User accounts.
I do not say that you are not right, but from my side" applied to all levels" is something like this" exclude patch in real time and on demand".

Hi khufu,

First of all, it's path, not patch. (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Second: As it says in the Help File, Exclude path from scan ignores those paths only in real time scanning. For on demand scanning you have to
QUOTE (Niels)
go to antivirus,scaning then rightclick on the icon of an on demand scan and choose properties then go to scanpath press on add file or folder then browse to that location and then uncheck and confirm by pressing on apply.

Exclude path from scan does not mean that those paths will be scanned if you log in Windows with another account. Those paths will be ignored in all user accounts, but only for real time scanning.

+Quote Post
Niels
post Apr 3 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #11

BitDefender Evangelist

Hi khufu

All levels means on all useraccounts and only in realtime mode just as Cris said. But it could be named more clearly.

Regards
Niels

+Quote Post
khufu
post Apr 3 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #12

Regular Poster

Hi Cris, thanks for orthography correction. I like to learn new things every day.
"The objects selected here will be excluded from scanning, regardless of the protection level chosen (not only for the Custom Level" this sounds for my like " levels of protection" ( in BD case: default, aggressive,permissive) not levels of users account access.
Maybe you are right, and maybe i have read that with my "hands" but for my like i said LEVELS should be levels of protection.
And for on demand, like i said it should be done in 1 step not in 2-4 steps.

@Niels: hi Niels, i understand now that is refering only to real time, and if it`s refering to user account, i could be named more clearly like you said.

Khufu

+Quote Post
loony
post Apr 5 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #13

Frequent Poster

Member No.: 228

Hi,

i had some trouble with the rescue cd i burn from the website. Will say that the cd starts fine. I can use the many funktion of them.
But the scanner did not start. I can´t start the read write fragment of the cd.

Must start in savemode and start bd scanner of dos basis.

Please make an update for the rescue cd

Greests
loony

+Quote Post
TexasPrairieGal
post Apr 5 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 215

Hi Everybody!!!!

I have an idea(s) for the BitDefender team.... A terrific enhancement to your product line would be some sort of backup, rescue thingie (I have NO idea what these sort of things are called)... I'm thinking of something similar to Norton GoBack or Norton Ghost... Since BitDefender is already scanning the data on your computer, why not make copies or restore points or something like that? (and my apologies if y'all already have something like this and I've just missed it)....

Sure hope everyone's SUN is shining!!!!

(IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
khufu
post Apr 6 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #15

Regular Poster

1. ad-blocker
2. host file protection

Is BD full of features or you guys are not interested in make BD closer to our needs?because i do not see so much post in this tread.

Khufu

+Quote Post
Florin Stiuca
post Apr 7 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #16

Frequent Poster

Member No.: 3

I've told you that the feed-back is very good, but I can't tell which of these features can be implemented and when you just keep coming with ideas and maybe you will see them in BETA v.11.

+Quote Post
khufu
post Apr 7 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #17

Regular Poster

I should made my previous post more clear. That post was for BD users not for devs but is good to see that a mod is watching this tread.
have a nice day Florin

Khufu

+Quote Post
Cris
post Apr 10 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #18

BitDefender Evangelist

I have an idea: when the real-time protection finds a virus, besides blocking that file, I'd like to be able to select an action for that file, just like for On demand scanning.

The way it is now (at least in my case), BD tries to disinfect the file first (most of the times it fails) and then blocks access to that file. That's fine, because it keeps my PC clean. But if I want to Delete/Quarantine that file, I have to open my file manager (I don't say Windows Explorer, cos I don't use that (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ), search for that file, scan it and then I'll be able to delete it. It's kinda stressing.

If there was an option just like for On demand scanning (something like Ask), it would all be a lot easier (just one click, and the virus is gone).
I don't want to select the option Delete file (or even Move to Quarantine) in case that file is legit.

+Quote Post
Cris
post Apr 14 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #19

BitDefender Evangelist

I have another suggestion: in the On demand scanning, I'd like if the Infected/Suspected file found window wouldn't respond to pressing Enter or Space, because when I happen to be typing something and that window pops-up, BD might delete files without me even noticing.

It happened to me twice when I accidentally deleted RAdmin's exe file and a bat file which contained lines like "del *.obj /s" (of course, these were legit files).

+Quote Post
AcceleratorX
post Apr 16 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 22

In terms of new features, I don't have too much to say, BitDefender is as feature-complete for me as it can get. (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

1) IMAP protocol scan support for the incoming mail in the email scanner
2) Optimized HTTP scan (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
3) A more streamlined and er.."solid" interface (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
4) The Blue color skin should have blue colored progess bars instead of red!
5) More options to control the action on detected files for real-time monitor
6) Curing of viruses in ZIP archives. While this would be good, I do not want it very seriously, besides, I am aware of the high costs in getting a license for the repacking of cured ZIP archives, so maybe its best to ignore this suggestion.
7) A real firewall for BitDefender AntiVirus Plus. The current one is just an application control tool and does not deserve to be called a "firewall" in any right. Either remove this module or make it a real firewall. (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
8) A cache cleaning tool would be appreciated, but this does not fall into the main purpose of BitDefender applications.

Well, thats all I can think of at the moment. As you can clearly see, many of my suggestions are fairly insignificant, which means to say that I am highly satisfied with BitDefender AntiVirus Plus except for the relatively bad firewall module in AV Plus.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:43 PM