Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bitdefender Won't Install Help, Install problems
Adel
post Apr 11 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,026

(IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) I just bought it with 3 lisences, worked oj on the first computer. On the second the install shields start unpacking and then a Bitdefender screen pops up for 0.00001 second and disappears. No installation seems to occur. I did try the uninstall toll, followed by reboot, re-install, same problem. I also tried to unpack and older installer to a folder and run double click the setup file, same behaviour again. (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Can anybody help me regain sanity here, I really need an antivirus on that computer and got none right now!

Bitdefender Antivirus
Win XP sp2

This post has been edited by Adel: Apr 11 2008, 09:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Niels
post Apr 12 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #2

BitDefender Evangelist

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 59

Hello Adel,

I recommend that you try this:
Dowload microsoft installer cleanup which you can find here. Install it and look for references that has BitDefender in the name select it and press on remove confirm the warning message. Search also for entries with only numbers such as 11.0.15 this is also related to BitDefender. Entries of numbers that start with 11.X.XX (where X is a number). Download and install the latest windows installer version which you can download here. You have to scroll down that page to download it. Reboot your pc afterwards.Try this also right click on the installer package and use the option extract to and run the setup file from there.

Best regards
Niels

+Quote Post
Adel
post Apr 14 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Thx for the reply, but no change.

My computer must be cursed. After some regedit, I managed to get microsoft installer cleanup to work only to find no entries concerning Bitdefender. I updated to latest windows installer too. I have exactly the same behaviour as before. I did forget to mention that I uninstalled NAV2007 with their uninstall tool before my very first attempt to install Bitdefender. I have tried every single solution I found on forums and can't get the install to keep going, it shuts down just a split second after it starts. + where can I find the 2008 installer package (AS A FILE), and not via a downloader.exe. I have an older version of v10 only. (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post
Niels
post Apr 16 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #4

BitDefender Evangelist

Dear Adel,

Sorry for the late reply.
You can download the English version here.If you want another language version click here Open the folder by left clicking on it of your country or language and download the BitDefender 2008 version. Try what I wrote in this topic.

It could be an issue with your user account. Make a new account and give it administration rights and try to run the installer from that account. See if this works.

Best regards
Niels

+Quote Post
Adel
post Apr 16 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Thx for the reply,
I got the latest install file, and had tried all this before but still no luck (including your other post). Its as if some evil malaware/worm/virus or whatever its called is cancelling the installation , I'm starting to loose it. I even did a windows repair, and tried installing before all the windows update, no luck, I tried a process analyser, and shut down all "possibly threatening process, always the same problem. I also did an online scan of bitdefender. Removed some stuff but still can't install. All this I tried of course from an administrator account.

Is there any other solution than slamming a hammer at the computer for the next half hour? I'm starting to seriously think about it.

Maybe if I could manage to install via the recovery console? I don't know anymore...

+Quote Post
Niels
post Apr 16 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #6

BitDefender Evangelist

Hello Adel,

Download and install this windows installer version from here.

Please try this log in as an administrator by rebooting your pc press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen now select safe mode choose for administrator. Go to start,now navigate to my computer ,right click on the drive letter of your hard disk where windows and your software is installed on click on the sharing tab and select share this folder. Click Permissions, and select Everyone in Group Or User Names (I mean all user accounts that are currencly on your computer) Select Allow next to Full Control in Permissions, and then click OK.Reboot your pc.

Try this:
First log on with your administrator account after that press the windows button together with r now type :
cmd press enter.
Now type this:

c: (if that is the partition where you have windows or your software installed on) press enter
cacls "c:\" /T /E /C /G administrators:F press enter. Don't forget enter spaces between /T , /E , /C , and /G.
exit press enter.

Install windows installer uninstall BitDefender once again as you did before reboot your pc. After that reboot again. Try to install again. If you still have problems it might be an infection which is preventing the installation.

Best regards
Niels

+Quote Post
Adel
post Apr 16 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #7

Thanks again for the fast reply but...

I did it all and guess what, no change. That computer has taken away my will to live! (IMG:http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Adel
post Apr 17 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #8

subject closed, I formatted that piece of ...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 06:10 PM