Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Unblock A Process Or App Accidentally Blocked
Gromit
post Aug 29 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 155,297

If an end user blocks a process or app that should not have been blocked, is there a way to "unblock" it so it will be allowed the next time? I used to be able to do this with the McAfee SaaS product, it was very handy and necessary (my users typically ended up accidentally blocking their browser every time it was updated).

Thanks in advance,

Gromit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cshepfam
post Sep 9 2013, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 152,847

QUOTE (Gromit @ Aug 29 2013, 04:15 PM) *
If an end user blocks a process or app that should not have been blocked, is there a way to "unblock" it so it will be allowed the next time? I used to be able to do this with the McAfee SaaS product, it was very handy and necessary (my users typically ended up accidentally blocking their browser every time it was updated).

Thanks in advance,

Gromit

Go under the policy they are under and add in the process in the Exclusions tab.

It would be in the Antimalware section, Exclusions, select Process, Program path, and then the executable. Select AVC/IDS and then Add and Save

+Quote Post
Gromit
post Sep 10 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 155,297

QUOTE (cshepfam @ Sep 9 2013, 11:16 PM) *
Go under the policy they are under and add in the process in the Exclusions tab.

It would be in the Antimalware section, Exclusions, select Process, Program path, and then the executable. Select AVC/IDS and then Add and Save

Great, thanks for that info!

+Quote Post
Daniel V
post Feb 28 2014, 02:21 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 177,662

QUOTE (cshepfam @ Sep 9 2013, 10:41 PM) *

Is there not an easier way to do this? Do we administrators really have to track down the location of each new application/update our end users have blocked to add it to the exclusions?

Then check with the end user to make sure the application works? Then do it again for x86/x64?

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Mar 10 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #5

Technical Support

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 30,868

In the new console you have the option to view in real time items blocked by the AVC/IDS modules (Dashboard) and also generate reports.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 09:21 PM