Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slow Bootup. Stuck On Welcome Screen
cshepfam
post Aug 12 2013, 03:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 152,847

After installing the endpoint client on around 50 computers, several computers, both Windows 7 and Windows XP systems have slowed dramatically. It normally takes around 10 minutes to boot up to the desktop. It has nothing to do with having any other type of software on the computer so uninstalling anything won't matter. There is one solution as far as I can tell so far and that is to delay the startup services for Bitdefender. However, in order to change it I had to first log in via safe mode as Bitdefender will not allow you to change the services in normal mode. Once it was changed to Automatic Delay, which by default is 2 minutes after the computer starts up, the computer boot_s right in to the desktop.

I haven't figured out a solution with XP yet since there is no option on the service to delay and if I create a startup batch script it won't work because again Endpoint doesn't allow that to happen. The script is with a simple "net pause xxxxx.exe" and "net continue xxxxx.exe"

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Is there an update or fix to this? We bought 1000 licenses replacing our Symantec Endpoint client so a fix for this would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 05:34 AM