Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Make Dialog Box Resizable And Modeless
Tom O'Hara
post Mar 9 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,353

The More Statistics dialog box only shows 4 files at a time for me. This dialog box should be resizable, so that I can make the list box as large as possible (e.g., to show 25 files at a time). As is, it makes it difficult to monitor the activity.

Similarly, other fixed dialog boxes should be resizable (e.g., firewall profile editing). Esthetics is not critical, but more information is. It is very annoying having to scroll up and down to find information when a simple resize would show everything.

In addition, please make the dialog boxes modeless as well: why can't I view the firewall profile while the More Statistics dialog is open? Annoyance galore brought on by reliance too much on modal dialog boxes.

In general, UI design has evolved a lot since the days of Windows 3.1, so such archaic modal dialog boxes should be used sparingly. See http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearc...5605862&z=y for support of the view that "Dialog Boxes Are Evil" (attributed to one of the designers of Visual Basic).

Tom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:11 AM