Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spyware
preguntonontrack
post Jul 15 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Regular Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 39,296

I did some tests on this pack of archives meant to be mods for MC and they send in usual information to some strange destinations, Bitdefender does not detect anything please check it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/962468/...t/minecraft.zip

and reply with results. Thanks

This post has been edited by preguntonontrack: Jul 15 2013, 11:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Catalin Salgau
post Jul 16 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Virus Researcher

Group: Bitdefender Labs
Member No.: 14,578

On a quick look, one component inside the linked package is an IRC client connecting to a (now down) strange domain.

I would like to point out that for a mod pack, it contains an awful lot of Minecraft packaged in.
Last I checked the game was not redistributable and had a built-in mod management interface inside.

+Quote Post
preguntonontrack
post Jul 16 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 39,296

QUOTE (Catalin Salgau @ Jul 16 2013, 10:42 AM) *
On a quick look, one component inside the linked package is an IRC client connecting to a (now down) strange domain.

I would like to point out that for a mod pack, it contains an awful lot of Minecraft packaged in.
Last I checked the game was not redistributable and had a built-in mod management interface inside.

Now that you mention it is kinda weird how is packaged. I did analyze the traffic after running it in a safe Virtual Box and all is running ok except for 2 connections it makes. I am not sure how safe it is but i am submitting it in case is not safe and detection is needed. I got it from an oldschool popular (120+ players) 1.4.7 MC server.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 10:09 AM