Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Playstation 3 Connectivity Issues
bobafett
post Jan 31 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,514

hello
can somebody help ? I've googled high and low without an answer to the following problem :
I had a perfectly functioning wireless network connection between my PC and playstation 3 for media file streaming to the PS3 (via windows media player 11).
(network is via billion 7404VGP ADSL2+modem/router using the same WLAN and WPA encryption settings on PS3 and billion router harware settings)
The moment bitdefender security 2008 was installed (prior had zone alarm firewall) I have lost the ability to stream media from the PC to PS3 .
Interestingly the PS3 wireless internet access (through the pc router) continues to function normally.
the PS3 displays my available media files but once you select a file the screen hangs for a few seconds and then returns a random 'network error' response.
When I then disable the BD firewall the PS3-PC network connection/ streaming works perfectly again.
I have set PS3 IP to trusted zone with no success.
I have window player 'allowed' in the bitdefender firewall traffic profile section also with no success.
I have tried enabling/disabling the 'enable wifi notification' option in advanced firewall options ( what does that option mean anyway ?, BD user manual on wifi is hopeless) .
BD support have been unable to help so far and i still ,after several days, await their reply regarding a solution.
any ideas anyone ? this is driving me insane !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Enrico
post Sep 27 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,833

QUOTE (bobafett @ Jan 31 2008, 04:01 PM) *
hello
can somebody help ? I've googled high and low without an answer to the following problem :
I had a perfectly functioning wireless network connection between my PC and playstation 3 for media file streaming to the PS3 (via windows media player 11).
(network is via billion 7404VGP ADSL2+modem/router using the same WLAN and WPA encryption settings on PS3 and billion router harware settings)
The moment bitdefender security 2008 was installed (prior had zone alarm firewall) I have lost the ability to stream media from the PC to PS3 .
Interestingly the PS3 wireless internet access (through the pc router) continues to function normally.
the PS3 displays my available media files but once you select a file the screen hangs for a few seconds and then returns a random 'network error' response.
When I then disable the BD firewall the PS3-PC network connection/ streaming works perfectly again.
I have set PS3 IP to trusted zone with no success.
I have window player 'allowed' in the bitdefender firewall traffic profile section also with no success.
I have tried enabling/disabling the 'enable wifi notification' option in advanced firewall options ( what does that option mean anyway ?, BD user manual on wifi is hopeless) .
BD support have been unable to help so far and i still ,after several days, await their reply regarding a solution.
any ideas anyone ? this is driving me insane !

I think your problems will be solved when you unmark Stealth in your Firewall configuration within Bitdefender. It is strange but it worked for me.

This post has been edited by Enrico: Sep 27 2008, 09:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 04:28 AM