Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Small Office Security 3.5 User Options?
Cobraj3T
post Apr 11 2012, 02:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 103,177

Hi

I am new to Bitdefender and have trialed internet security 2012 and its great. However i am trialing BitDefender Small Office Security 3.5 now and i have installed the management server and deployed 1 business client to a workstation. So far so good, however i have a few client user access control questions?

1. How can a user access there automatically quarantined items (e.g. when a false positive is quarantined)?

2. How can i allow a user to temporarily disable the business client when needed?

3. How can i allow a user to configure an exceptions?

Thanks in advance.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cobraj3T
post Apr 12 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #2

Ok... since i didn't get any replies, i had to do the hard yards and read bitdefenders documentation on user rights ( thumbs up to bitdefender for the great doco's and articles in the support section of their website).

Basically to answer my own question above for other forum visitors... I had to right click a computer from the Management Server and select Switch to Power User. This then allows the user to customise all the settings in the Business Client.

HOWEVER.... in the documentation it states the following... "The network administrator may configure Bitdefender Business Client to allow authorised users to temporarily change its operation mode (the user rights)." This means a user can right click on the bitdefender icon in their system tray and have an option to switch between power user or restricted user but a password is required. The problem is i cannot find any info or the options on how to allow this from the management server.

Does anyone know how to enable this, because at the moment my business client icon when right clicked, does not have an option to change the operation mode.

This post has been edited by Cobraj3T: Apr 12 2012, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Apr 12 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 71,793

Hi Cobra,
Thank you for your post and sorry for the late reply.

In order to swith the Bitdefender Business Client from Restricted to Power User Priviledge you will have to open and login to the Management Console - Managed Computers - locate the target computer and right-click on it and select Switch to Power User. You will have to wait a couple of minutes (default is set to 5min ) so that the Bitdefender Agent installed on the client will receive the new settings.

Best regards,

Andi

+Quote Post
Cobraj3T
post Apr 13 2012, 02:19 AM
Post #4

Hi Andi

Thanks for your reply, but i already know (as mentioned above) how to switch a client from having restricted rights to power user rights. What my last question is in relation to is the Bitdefender documentation i found that states the following; "The network administrator may configure Bitdefender Business Client to allow authorised users to temporarily change its operation mode (the user rights)."

The question again is... How can i configure Bitdefender Management Server to authorise a bitdefender business client (the user themselves) to temporarily change its operation mode from restricted to power user and vice versa?

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Apr 18 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Technical Support

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 30,868

You can send out an Advanced Settings policy where you can configure a password for the client.
At any time you can change the password by sending a new policy.

+Quote Post
Cobraj3T
post Apr 26 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #6

That worked... Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:26 AM