Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Many Viruses Detected, No Name, All In The Same Area
randomperson1
post Apr 10 2012, 01:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,150

First of all I will do my best to remain respectful of the staff here even though I am frustrated as heck over getting a popup window basically telling me a program i paid good money for is having problems. I am sorry in advance if my frustration comes out.

Anyway I have gotten the message telling me that multiple files have been detected. They all seem to be in the same area... C drive, temperarly internet files. I have tried to manually locate that through my computer and see if I can delete them but that has not worked.

I dissconnected from the internet and ran a full system scan and found some of the standard advertizeing tracking cookies... but none matched the files that are in the infected file detected logs.

In all of the ones i have looked at it says "Action taken: Clean routine has failed" Date is all todays... Virus name is blank.

If you need any logs please link me to the thread that shows me how to create them.

I had 3 update failed messages as well... I think it has finally updated allthough I am not sure because I don't see an update sucessful message on the logs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mirya
post Apr 10 2012, 02:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 103,142

I guess you also get this ndhui.js thing? See here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=33381&hl=

+Quote Post
RGHamilton
post Apr 10 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 72,574

Thanks Mirya.
Yup, I think this is the same problem as what I posted in the other thread that you mentioned. I'm guessing this is due to an update that BD pushed out today since I haven't updated any other software recently.

It's bad enough to me that BD thinks a cookie is a "THREAT", but this is a definite false positive. While I'm on the war path today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I will say that I don't think a cookie is a threat either. Do they get listed just to make me think that BD is protecting me from my own web site?

The funny thing is that by simply posting to this web site, BD is popping up and telling me that your site is sending me infected files. We know this isn't true, don't we (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by RGHamilton: Apr 10 2012, 02:16 AM

+Quote Post
randomperson1
post Apr 10 2012, 02:35 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 100,150

It does look like the same issue as the 2nd posti n this thread... if the staff wants to merge or what not please do so.... unless you need a scan then please post how to get one of those first.

+Quote Post
Christian
post Apr 10 2012, 03:19 AM
Post #5

Bitdefender Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 9,374

Duplicate:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33381

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 06:43 AM