Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Removal Tool For Failed Endpoint Client Installation?
Chazz
post Mar 23 2012, 02:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,299

Version: 4.0.19.1
Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit

Previous AV installed: Prevx 3.0

Hello, I tried to install the endpoint agent from via the Bitdefender thin downloader while a machine still had Prevx installed. Apparently Bitdefender partially installed, but eventually failed, looking for a file that was likely removed or quarantied by Prevx (Sorry, the client did not tell me what the specific screen error was). Prevx was removed, but there is no option to remove Bitdefender from the the "Programs and Features" control panel.

If I try to install again, the installer gives the dialogue stating that Bitdefender is already installed , but I proceed anyways. Nothing seems to happen after this, but BdUI.exe process seems to be running in minimized mode. If I maximize it, a gray GUI screen comes up with nothing (See attached screenshot of the window Attached File  Untitled.png ( 7.08K ) Number of downloads: 23
).

I have tried the thin installer and the full installer for 64 bit. Is there a removal tool or some other procedure so that I can try again with a clean install?

Thanks in advance.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Untitled.png ( 29.74K ) Number of downloads: 20

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chazz
post Mar 23 2012, 03:14 AM
Post #2

Update:

I went to the Start Menu>All Programs, and under Endpoint Client by Bitdefender, I uninstalled using Modify, Repair, or Uninstall. I rebooted the machine and was able to install this time.

+Quote Post
Spaski
post Mar 23 2012, 08:07 AM
Post #3

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 51,151

I had kind of the same problem on one of the clients(please note 1 of about 90) something went wrong with the installation, when I tried ti uninstall the Client security Agent.

I was stuck with broken uninstall options for Endpoint and the Client security Agent.

Got it fix in a very risky manner.
Deleted all the files, and then went through the registry and delete all the keys related to bitdefender.

After that I was able to re install the net endpoint without trouble.

However I don't think this is an endpoint problem because it was one of many installations, that had the problem, but still does any one know of a complete uninstall utility ?

+Quote Post
Chazz
post Mar 23 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Thanks for the insight, Spaski, I have yet to do a significant number of installs, so 1 out of 90 is not bat.

The machine in question is a test machine that has had other AV on it and an online backup client, which I believe interfered with the installation as well.

Everything worked nicely in the ed, but I agree a removal tool would be most helpful. Did you manage to remember which keys you uninstalled?

If not, I will play around with Regshot and Winmerge and see if I can come up with a force uninstall script if it doesn't exist already. I have not officially asked Bitdefender if they have one, but the one from the vendor is always better, as the main processes are protected so it might not be as simple as a script.

Anyways, more knowledge is better, thanks everyone!

Chazz

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Apr 11 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Technical Support

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 30,868

An uninstall tool for Endpoint Client does exist but is not public as this is a business solution.
It can be sent on user request but we would like to investigate what lead to the uninstall process to fail.

+Quote Post
Spaski
post Apr 13 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #6

Christi

I have another machine that went crazy on me.

I have uninstalled the previous AV (Bitdefender Client security), then I installed the endpoint, it started nicely and all went well, but the program did not sync with server, and did not update etc, so I did a repair (helped with others) still didn't work.

So I went for complete uninstall and re-install, but between that something went wrong, the re-install did work.

It looks like the uninstall did not completely finished.

Problem now, is that I can neither install or uninstall.

If you would like, I can give you access to this machine, to look around, otherwise I am going to clean the files and registry manually, or format the PC.

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post May 18 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #7

Regular Poster

Member No.: 71,793

Hi Spaski,

Do you still have this issue? if so please notify me and I will open a ticket to solve it.
Sorry for the late reply.

Andi

+Quote Post
Cristi
post May 31 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #8

Technical Support

Member No.: 30,868

If you need the uninstall tool, feel free to contact us anytime using this form:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

+Quote Post
Spaski
post Jun 6 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #9

Hi guys

Sorry was a bit busy, yes I still cannot get endpoint on this one, but before I format, would like to give it a go, just in case we can learn something.

Will do the contact us channel, and let you know what happened.

Regards

+Quote Post
Spaski
post Jun 6 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #10

Right, the uninstall still had some problems on this one station, it showed in start menu, but if you run uninstall it showed some errors.

Then I downloaded the latest install package, en just installed again(this did not work before)

It is running now!!!!

My conclusion is that the first install had a problem with something on the system, did not finish 100%, and the after few reboots and newest install package it was sorted.
This one is close from my side, thanks

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Jun 7 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #11

Regular Poster

Member No.: 71,793

Hi Spaski,
Thank you for your update status. I am glad that the issue is now solved.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Andi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 09:16 PM