Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Protection Disabled On Trial Endpoints
Simon Matthews
post Feb 9 2012, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,926

Having setup up a Trial of the Cloud solution I find that the BitDefender Endpoint Client on machines shows a yellow status and the text "some issues affect the security of the system". When I press to view the issues I just get the text "Data Protection Is Disabled".

It seems protection is enabled because the all other modules (AntiMalware etc..) show as ON and are working as expected.

I can only assume that maybe this is also becuase of the computers showing as Vunerable because they have no licence.

Obviously I am concerned to move ahead with the trial when the Client is saying protection is disabled !

Is there any official information on exactly how the trial licencing and protection works ?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  bitdefender.png ( 64.67K ) Number of downloads: 17

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Feb 10 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #2

Technical Support

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 30,868

Hello Simon and welcome to our forum.

The trial works like a licensed version so basically you don't have any limitations.
Regarding the message in the interface,if that module is disabled then it will show up as an issue.
To disable that warning you can simply create a new policy for that PC and under General->Status alerts -> uncheck Privacy control.

Have a nice day !

+Quote Post
Simon Matthews
post Feb 10 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #3

The privacy module is also turned ON you just cannot see the status.

I have no idea why the computer is reporting vunerable, and as you can see the information message does not tell me anything further that would indicate what the problem is ?

regards,
Simon.

+Quote Post
Simon Matthews
post Feb 16 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #4

I have looked into this further and it is not the Privacy module but specifically the Data Protection Option within the Privacy Module.

I dont want or need Data Protection enabled (it is off in your default configuration as well), and if this is the policy set cannot understand why it would show the computer as vunerable.

If I actually turn off the whole of the Prviacy Module this shows the computer is protected !! How this can be an acceptable policy but having Data Protection off is not makes no sense.

It seems that unless I use Data Protection then every computer in our company would always show as at risk ?

regards,
Simon.

+Quote Post
julia lauzane
post Feb 28 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 96,545

I seems to have the same problem. The servers works fine but almost every client starts with Symantec Endpoint Protection disabled. The user has to manually enable endpoint every time they start their computers.

Edit by Andi: are you reffering to Bitdefender Endpoint ?

+Quote Post
Simon Matthews
post Apr 19 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #6

I was referring to BitDefender.Endpoint .

In our trial we found a lot of problems like this, where you can see what the product is supposed to do but it does not work correctly. Most issues were cosmetic or very low impact but it does not give you good confidence overall.

Not the best tested product I have ever come across to be honest.

Simon.

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Apr 19 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #7

Regular Poster

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 71,793

Simon,

I believe that most of the issues are now solved . Do you still have the product install so I can help you ?

Andi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 09:41 AM