Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Business Client Blocking Vz Access Manager
greg80221
post Dec 23 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,630

Hello,

I have several field superintendents and they are starting to roll out our bit defender deployment. Unfortunately every time they install BD it starts blocking their Verizon wireless application that allows them internet access while in the field. I have a testing computer in house but I have failed to find the correct setting that allows the firewall to stay active and the vz access manager to continue working.

We are using the current Bit Defender Business Client.

To be clear if I uninstall BD the internet works
if I turn off the firewall in BD the internet works.
I tried to add vz access manager to the allow list and even tried to change the profile one port at a time changing deny's to allow's to see if I could get connectivity.
the vz access manager thinks that it is connected and is not throwing any errors.
I even changed the UDP setting for ports 137-139 to allow everything but this has not allowed VZ access manager to work correctly
Normal operation uses vz access manager to communicate with a USB cellular antenna to connect to verizons cellular data network.

Any help on this one would be great I am afraid that I will just have to leave the firewall off, which is not such a bad thing but I would rather keep it up and just allow VZ access manager to work.

This post has been edited by greg80221: Dec 23 2011, 11:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Jan 6 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #2

Technical Support

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 30,868

Hello greg and sorry for the late reply.
In the firewall module under Advanced,put a checkmark under: Apply the same generic profile to all new networks and then connect to the wireless network.
If this doesn't help then please send if possible a download link for the Verizon wireless app.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 05:33 PM