> How To Disable Pop-ups
Chimel
post Mar 4 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #21

Regular Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 30,957

QUOTE (Christian @ Mar 4 2012, 02:48 AM) *
We have a lot of customers that like this type of promotions or special offers. Clicking an X button is not that bad.
One more thing, you received the same pop-up related to ID theft protection or the one with the renewal offer?

Both. The first and the last one with the renewal offer that's not even close to my renewal date showed up every day till the offer ended.
I don't remember for sure for the middle one about the ID theft protection.

These pop-ups are unsolicited, i.e. SPAM. This is exactly what Bitdefender is fighting against in some of its antispam features, and antispam is one of the reasons why I purchased Bitdefender. As I mentioned before, there are tons of smarter ways to display this offer (everybody else uses email), a pop-up while the family is watching a movie is the worst type of INTRUSION and produces the opposite reaction with some of your customers. I'll switch to Microsoft free solution at renewal times if these pop-ups persist and can't be disabled. If "lots of your customers" like these pop-ups, by all means, let them be spammed, but respect those who don't want to be spammed.

Personally, I consider these offers as an insult to consumers: If I, as a loyal customer for years, don't see the same kind of discount automatically proposed to me at renewal time, I just won't renew. It is unfair to customers if the offer is proposed randomly only for 3 days at a time when renewal is not even close and many things may happen in the mean time. Get attractive pricing for new customers, and an even more attractive one to keep your existing base, because with the competition, it's that easy to flip in a whim and never regret it.

If "clicking an X button is not that bad" is your way to say that the mentioned patch will not be released, I would have had a great time helping improve Bitdefender all these years. I can't condone a company that does not respect my privacy with such blatant spam invasion. It is something I take VERY seriously.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christian
post Mar 4 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #22

Bitdefender Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 9,374

Hi Michel.

Please check you email(the one with @live.fr) and follow the steps exactly.

After that, please send me your feedback over email (very important!).

Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

+Quote Post
Chimel
post Mar 5 2012, 04:52 AM
Post #23

Regular Poster

Thanks, Christian, I installed the modified IpmServer registry key.
I am not sure what kind of feedback I can give you if I don't see or know of any pop-ups.
Should I expect something different to report?

+Quote Post
Christian
post Mar 5 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #24

Bitdefender Support

Hello (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Welcome back.

Please reply to my email if you still receive pop-ups or special offers.

If needed, you can also include a screenshot.

Take care.

+Quote Post
Chimel
post Mar 8 2012, 07:23 AM
Post #25

Regular Poster

Well that didn't do anything for me, I just got another pop-up for a 3 days-only $50 special offer. :[
The same kind as all previous spam pop-ups.

I couldn't take a screenshot at the time, but I suppose I'll see the spam again tomorrow and the next day, I can try then.
Anyway, it's the same kind as all the screenshots already attached in this thread, so I don't see how that would help.

It would be great if you could test these supposed fixes yourself on a connection that's not a protected intranet.
Customers are not testers, and this spam is systematic, so any normal connection would experience it.

Sorry I don't have the email any more, I cleaned my whole inbox so I am answering here instead.

+Quote Post
Vosh
post Mar 17 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,079

I received another pop-up offer from Bitdefender today. It came up on my desktop when I opened my laptop. Are you planning to stop spamming us or do I need to change security providers?

+Quote Post
Christian
post Mar 17 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #27

Bitdefender Support

Hello (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Welcome back.

Do you remember what is about? A special offer or it's the one about ID Theft Protection?

Have a great weekend.

+Quote Post
Vosh
post Mar 18 2012, 03:48 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 94,079

Special offer - discount. Just happened again about a minute ago.

+Quote Post
dszady
post Mar 20 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 100,824

ID Theft Protection popup a few minutes ago (Second day in a row). Activated it yesterday, but could not enter the info like the video shows. In other words, it won't take me to the place where I enter my info.

+Quote Post
bilge
post Mar 26 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 101,912

I am also getting the same, very LARGE and annoying "identity-theft protection offer" pop-up ads... PLEASE STOP SPAMMING!! I used to recommend BitDefender to my customers because it performed well, it didn't nag you, and had none of the malware-type spam like in so many other anti-virus programs. But now, with this new, less-configurable interface (no scheduled scan, really...??) and the popup spam, I can never recommend it again. I will also remove it from all of my systems. The very reason we get malware protection is to prevent just such things from happening!
Someone in the company has made a very poor decision and you will likely go the way of Norton if you don't stop it immediately. Most techs will NEVER use Norton again, and this exact issue was one of the main reasons.

Also, your new renewal process and web interface results in one of the most difficult experiences I have ever had, trying to pay someone money - The best product in the world won't be around long... if you can't get it!!!

Finally, to tell someone that "all it takes is one click to close it", is just missing the point entirely.

+Quote Post
Psmeg
post Mar 29 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 51,440

I have to agree, this pop-up is blatant in your face spamming from a product I've paid money for!

AV and Internet security needs to sit in the background doing its job in an unobtrusive manner and let me know if and when there is as issue I need to deal with. Not pop-up large banners asking me to renew a product I've bought in the last week.

If this persists, I will be looking at alternatives and requesting a FULL refund.

As a long time user of BitDefender, I find that each iteration becomes more obtrusive and less configurable.

Sort out this marketing rubbish, and keep it to subscribers who want to receive emails, not paying customers who want their security to be as invisible as possible!

+Quote Post
g.shepherd
post Apr 1 2012, 05:20 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 95,263

"We have a lot of customers that like this type of promotions or special offers." yes? Name one?
I am also getting unwanted spam from the bitdefender people.

This post has been edited by g.shepherd: Apr 1 2012, 05:22 AM

+Quote Post
Chimel
post Apr 1 2012, 06:40 AM
Post #33

Regular Poster

So what's happening on this issue, Christian?
It's been 3 weeks since you last replied.
As you can see, a lot of people don't like these pop-ups too, please move them to emails people can unsubscribe from instead of spam pop-ups on our desktops.

+Quote Post
g.shepherd
post Apr 2 2012, 01:10 AM
Post #34

no one in their right mind would like popups of any kind and do you see anyone here saying they like popups? Of course you don't

This post has been edited by g.shepherd: Apr 2 2012, 01:11 AM

+Quote Post
Chimel
post Apr 5 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #35

Regular Poster

There's more than spam popping up, there's other threads popping up on my radar too, like Rick Gates's.
Not only I will never upgrade to BDIS for the same price as BDAV precisely because of this spam, but I am not likely to renew my license at all or recommend any Bitdefender product when I experience such condemnable marketing practices.
The Bitdefender community is still expecting a solution to this problem.

QUOTE (Christian)
That is not a spam message ...
It not a spam message

The key word in the definition of spam is unsolicited.

+Quote Post
g.shepherd
post Apr 5 2012, 03:00 AM
Post #36

other complaints on this forum http://forums.techarena.in/networking-security/1412078.htm

+Quote Post
Christian
post Apr 6 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #37

Bitdefender Support

Hello everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We needed to make some changes to the servers in order to implements some new things.

This is what I need from you(I will accept requests only from users that posted in this topic): please send me via PM the email address that you used to activate the product, the license key entered in the product, the localization(the language from Bitdefender) and your country(where the PC is located).

DO NOT POST THESE ON THE FORUMS!

It is the only way to do it and the changes will be made manually from our servers resulting no pop-ups for you.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

Have a great weekend!

+Quote Post
Chimel
post Apr 6 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #38

Regular Poster

Hi Christian, I categorically refuse to perform this ridicule step.
The spam should be opt-in for all, not opt out for a few elected individuals through an exception list that makes the product even more fragile, and it should not happen via pop-ups on your customers' desktops at the most awkward or even embarrassing times.

I will instead spend the rest of my license duration trying out other products because I can't condone an anti-virus anti-spam software that voluntarily forces spam down the throat of their paying customers.

+Quote Post
Guest_katefaber_*
post Apr 7 2012, 05:19 AM
Post #39

Guests

I'm having this problem BIG TIME!! This is the reason I signed up for these forums and I'm glad I found this post strand. Why can't I get these pop-ups to stop each morning?? I'm trying to bare with it because I like the program.

+Quote Post
g.shepherd
post Apr 8 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #40

who agrees with chimel? I for one does support him

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 05:26 AM