Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot Seem To Uninstall Bd Antivirus For Mac?
medic65
post Dec 13 2011, 08:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,656

I have researched all the posts I can find on uninstalling BitDefender Antivirus for Mac, and googled the subject as well. I ran the install package again because I remember seeing the Uninstall Package that what was part of the original install. However, after running the Uninstall package, all it seems to do is re-load the original Program all over again. I do not see the same screens as shown on Bitdefenders website regarding uninstalling the Program. Rather, all I get is a congratulations that the Program was successfully installed.

I am at a complete loss as to how I am going to uninstall this Program. I have written Support and am currently waiting for a response.

Anyone else needing to uninstall the Program run into problems such as the one I am running into?

Thank you very much for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christian
post Dec 13 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Bitdefender Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 9,374

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please read this article for further information:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Removin...or-Mac-661.html

Thank you.

+Quote Post
medic65
post Dec 17 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 84,656

QUOTE (Chris @ Dec 13 2011, 02:24 AM) *
Hi and welcome to our forums.

Please read this article for further information:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Removin...or-Mac-661.html

Thank you.

Christian, I have tried that many many times, but always with the same result. When I double click on the Uninstaller, it goes through the motions, but the supposed apple script is never invoked (for lack of a better description). Nothing ever happens... the Program does NOT uninstall, which leads me suspect that there is a problem with the uninstall package. I have sent emails in regarding this problem, and all I receive is a note to run the uninstaller package.

Perhaps the problem may be at my end relating to the fact that the supposed apple script never seems to "run"? Is there some setting on my MacBook Pro that would somehow prevent an apple script from running? In any case, I have had to resort to reverting back to a previous Time Machine backup when I did not have BD AV for Mac installed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Christian
post Dec 17 2011, 07:44 AM
Post #4

Bitdefender Support

Hello (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products.

I will make a notification to our Mac to further investigate the current situation.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. Have a great weekend.

+Quote Post
John E
post May 23 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 105,224

QUOTE (Christian @ Dec 17 2011, 01:44 AM) *

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products.

I will make a notification to our Mac to further investigate the current situation.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. Have a great weekend.

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem. No matter how many times I run the BD Uninstaller, it doesn't actually do anything but go through the motions of installing the BD Uninstaller. I really need some help here.

+Quote Post
Christian
post May 23 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #6

Bitdefender Support

Have you downloaded the image again from our website?

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Take care.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 12:01 PM