Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Too Much Spam - Bitdefender Security For Exchange V3.5
René Heuven
post Nov 12 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,071

I am using BitDefender Security for Exchange v3.5. I am a bit suprised. Though I have set rules for anti-spam still a substantial amount of mails (like 5 - 10 per day) come through in my Outlook client which contains obscene language, etc. I am the main mail contact for the company - so I will also get all spam which is sent to accounts like info, sales, etc. But still I am wondering if this anti smap filtering in BitDefender really works or that I have some mistakes in the configuration.

In Anti-spam under policies I have one single rule. It is enabled and in the Antismap Engines tabs all options are checked. Under actions it is defined "Let Bitdefender decided whether the mail is spam or not". If a mail is considered spam is it saved under f:\Spam. This directory actually does fill up and contains mails for every day.

There is also "Content filtering". To me it is not so clear if there is really a difference between spam and content filtering. Basically I see the same configuration options.

Can somebody explain a bit more here and what options I could try to reduce the spam in my mailbox?

Best regards,

Rene Heuven
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Nov 24 2011, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Regular Poster

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 71,793

Hello René,

Please can you verify if you already have the latest product version of Bitdefender Security for Exchange 3.5.17.3?
You can read more about the update from the KB below:
http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Product...pam%29-712.html

Open Bitdefender Security for Exchange Dashboard - Update

Best regards,

Andrei

+Quote Post
René Heuven
post Nov 30 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #3

Hi Andrei,

no - I have version v3.5.16.21 for most components. That's the most detailed version info I can get. The About item in the Help menu only gives v3.5. The About tab in the Monitoring section gives more detailed version numbers. The BitDefender Live Update Service has v3.5.17.9, but the rest is v3.5.16.21.

Is this product update not automatically downloaded and installed? If I go to "Update" it tells me there is no product update and I have the latest version of BitDefender Security for Exchange. Appearantly there is a newer version? v3.5.17.3?

How do download and install this manually? Should I?

BR,

Rene

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Nov 30 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #4

Regular Poster

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 71,793

Hello again Rene,

The latest version of Bitdefender Security for Exchange is 3.5.17.3
http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Antispa...5-17-3-712.html

Please open again the Bitdefender Security for Exchange Dashboard - Update tab - click on update and verify if product updates are available to install.
Do you know if the software takes the updates from a local Update Server or from upgrade.bitdefender.com location?

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Andrei

+Quote Post
René Heuven
post Dec 1 2011, 07:46 AM
Post #5

Hi Andrei,

OK - I understand the latest version of Bitdefender Security for Exchange is v3.5.17.3. Now I need to get this version on my sb2003 server somehow.

If I go to the Bitdefender Security for Exchange Dashboard - Update tab - Locations the first location is filled out as upgrade.bitdefender.com.

In the Update tab it says "You have the latest version of Bitdefender Security for Exchange".

In Rollback it says "Your current version is v3.5.17.4. You can roll back to version 3.5.17.3. ...", but in the Monitoring tab under About it pops up a screen telling me:

BitDefender Live Update Service v3.5.17.9
BitDefender Mail Scanning Service v3.5.16.21

That's a bit confusing ...

BR,

Rene

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 05:17 AM