Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Antivirus, or not antivirus ???
valyno
post Nov 9 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,194

Hi,

Can someone confirm whether the Endpoint Security Cloud has an Antivirus included or not?

I manage 5 computers network, and I have installed the Cloud Agent on one of them after removing BitDefender Total Security 2011.
The Dashboard tells me that one computer on the network is vulnerable: the one on which the Cloud Agent is installed !!
So, this computer is vulnerable to what??
The other computers, who still have the Security suite are ine the unmanaged computers...
i tried to install the Cloud Agent on the Server running BitDefender for File server, but the agent told me that the product was not compatible with an already install product..

Bitdefender's website is not very clear, but I understand for the moment that Cloud Endpoint suite does not include the Antivir...
If that's the case, what are the compatible products (for both Client and Servers machines...)

Thanks for your help!!

Valyno
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Nov 10 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #2

Regular Poster

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 71,793

Hello Valyno,

The Console states that the computer is vulnerable because it doesn't have the latest signatures for malware files or all Windows Updates are not installed.
If you can, please try to update the Bitdefender software and verify if Windows updates are available to download.

Have a nice day.

Andrei

QUOTE (valyno @ Nov 9 2011, 05:57 PM) *
Hi,

Can someone confirm whether the Endpoint Security Cloud has an Antivirus included or not?

I manage 5 computers network, and I have installed the Cloud Agent on one of them after removing BitDefender Total Security 2011.
The Dashboard tells me that one computer on the network is vulnerable: the one on which the Cloud Agent is installed !!
So, this computer is vulnerable to what??
The other computers, who still have the Security suite are ine the unmanaged computers...
i tried to install the Cloud Agent on the Server running BitDefender for File server, but the agent told me that the product was not compatible with an already install product..

Bitdefender's website is not very clear, but I understand for the moment that Cloud Endpoint suite does not include the Antivir...
If that's the case, what are the compatible products (for both Client and Servers machines...)

Thanks for your help!!

Valyno

+Quote Post
valyno
post Nov 10 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Hi Andy,

Thank your for your reply.
I will check the signatures for the malwares files since the windows update has been exectuded and the system is up-to-date.

Still one question pending: what about the antivir?
Deos Malwares covers this notion and does this mean that I don't need to install any antivir on the machines running the Endpoint Agent?
If an antivir is required in addition to the Endpoint Agent, what are the products compatible?
DitDefender Total Security 2011 is not (understandable since the fonctionnalit are redondant)
But BitDefender for file Server is not compatible too, so wich antivir can we use with the Endpoint Agent?
thks

Valyno

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Nov 10 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #4

Regular Poster

Hello again Valyno,

The Bitdefender Endpoint Client is the actual antivirus software for client computers.You can open the Bitdefender Dashboard (right click the system tray icon next to the Windows clock/date - Show) and you can scan the computer(Quick,Full, Custom),verify Firewall Status,User and Privacy control.
Hope this sort things out.
Have a nice evening.

Andrei

QUOTE (valyno @ Nov 10 2011, 06:16 PM) *
Hi Andy,

Thank your for your reply.
I will check the signatures for the malwares files since the windows update has been exectuded and the system is up-to-date.

Still one question pending: what about the antivir?
Deos Malwares covers this notion and does this mean that I don't need to install any antivir on the machines running the Endpoint Agent?
If an antivir is required in addition to the Endpoint Agent, what are the products compatible?
DitDefender Total Security 2011 is not (understandable since the fonctionnalit are redondant)
But BitDefender for file Server is not compatible too, so wich antivir can we use with the Endpoint Agent?
thks

Valyno

+Quote Post
valyno
post Nov 10 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (andionescu @ Nov 10 2011, 08:14 PM) *
Hello again Valyno,

The Bitdefender Endpoint Client is the actual antivirus software for client computers.You can open the Bitdefender Dashboard (right click the system tray icon next to the Windows clock/date - Show) and you can scan the computer(Quick,Full, Custom),verify Firewall Status,User and Privacy control.
Hope this sort things out.
Have a nice evening.

Andrei

Thank you very much for the clarification!!!

Endpoint sounds great for me!!!

+Quote Post
valyno
post Nov 16 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #6

Hello,

In the managed computers, 3 of them are reported as outdated with windows update status... but I run Windows Update and the computers are all up to date according to the Microsoft tool.
How does it com that BitDefender agent is seing someting different?

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Nov 23 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #7

Regular Poster

Hi Valyno,

Please can you provide me an update status of the outdated computers issue?
Have a nice day.

Andrei

+Quote Post
valyno
post Dec 1 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (andionescu @ Nov 23 2011, 12:13 PM) *
Hi Valyno,

Please can you provide me an update status of the outdated computers issue?
Have a nice day.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Some update...
First, I still have the issue with the Windows Update status, the Dashboard sees 3 computers outdated. Just one is showing a need to update. How long it is supposed to take to update the Dashboard data?
Another issue is that the Dashboard sees 2 computers offline, but they are online!!!
Last issue, with the policies: I have created 3 groups and selected the computers I wanted in each group.
I have created a policy for each group, and I have allocated a group to the relevant policy.
However, when I look at the Policies, in the Complying computers I have something like 2/3 complying.
What does this means?

Thank your for the support
Valery

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Feb 10 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #9

Technical Support

Member No.: 30,868

Hello valyno and sorry for the late reply.

Recently we have made major product updates and in this case please let me know if the situations you reported still occur.

Thank you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 03:28 PM