2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Internet Security 2012 Slowing Down Computer
quarry
post Sep 14 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,862

A couple nights ago I "upgraded" from Bitdefender IS 2011 to 2012 because my computer slowed down every day as the day went on, and after reading the message boards I saw that vsserv.exe may be causing the problem with 2011. Rebooting when the computer slowed down, seemed to work but I wanted a better solution. I uninstalled all Microsoft antivirus except Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, as I understand these shouldn't be uninstalled. However I did turn them off. I then uninstalled 2011 and installed IS 2012.

The day after doing the install of IS 2012, my computer has continually run slower than it ever has.

Last night I uninstalled Bitdefender 2012 and my computer is a dream. Everything running properly and fast. I did a internet speed check and compared it to the speed I had prior to 2012 being installed and the upload and download both almost doubled. Upload speed from 0.41 Mbps (with IS 2012) to 0.80 Mbps and download speed from 1.41 Mbps to 2.68 Mbps.

Obviously the problem is with 2012. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It will depend on the help I get from anyone here. Until I get help, I'll just avoid virus issues and be happy I have a quick functioning machine.

Does anyone have an idea how to work around this?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DanyDan
post Sep 15 2011, 06:01 AM
Post #2

Guru Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20,064

Hi,

You use Bitdefender in English? Please right click on the BitDefender icon and select "About". Post here the build you are currently using.

Also provide me with the file version for bdtl.dll located in the BitDefender folder. By default:

c:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012

Looking forward to your answer!

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 15 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #3

I just re-installed IS 2012 for you. I'll see how the speed goes today with it.

The build that loaded up is Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 - Build: 15.0.27.325

The bdtl.dll file version is 15.0.27.318

I run on Windows 7.

Is there anything else you need?

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 16 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #4

It's been a little over a day and since re-installing Bitdefender IS 2012, my computer finally got too slow to get any work done, so I had to uninstall it again. Speed is up and running once again. Hopefully someone can recommend how to make this work without having to remove the antivirus software..

Have a good weekend.

+Quote Post
DanyDan
post Sep 18 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #5

Guru Poster

Are you using the version in English ? If so then your PC is not fully updated. The bdtl.dll file version should be: 15.0.27.333 and the BitDefender build: 15.0.27.338.

Open BitDefender security center and click on "Update Now". Wait for the process to finish then restart the PC. Check if the build and the file version changed and if the issue is now resolved as the upload issue you are reporting has been resolved in the latest build released.

Looking forward to your answer!

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 19 2011, 06:11 PM
Post #6

Yes, I run the English version.

I did the update and the version and build you mentioned loaded up. I'll let it run for a while and see what happens.

Last time it took a little over 24 hours for my computer to get too slow to do work. I'll keep you posted on the speed.

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 19 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #7

Just hours after updating as instructed, computer is slowing again. I'm going to reboot and see if that improves performance.

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 20 2011, 02:15 AM
Post #8

Rebooting worked for a period of time. However, my computer recently got really slow again, so I uninstalled Bitdefender IS, again. As soon as I did that and prior to closing any other applications or rebooting to complete the unstalling of the software, the speed of my computer noticeably improved.

Is there a solution that doesn't include uninstalling the software when I want to get work done?

+Quote Post
Sean NSW
post Sep 20 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #9

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 72,833

QUOTE (quarry @ Sep 20 2011, 11:15 AM) *
Is there a solution that doesn't include uninstalling the software when I want to get work done?

Yep...install an earlier version of BitDefender (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 20 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #10

Thanks Sean, but that's what started the whole issue here. 2011 was slowing me down so I went to 2012. What version should I go to?

+Quote Post
svbk
post Sep 21 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #11

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 32,910

Waiting so long for the fixes. Please hurry up....

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 24 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #12

DanyDan, a week ago you were looking forward to my reply. Is there anything you can help with or is this just a problem that we can't get rid of?

I really do look forward to your reply. Thanks

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 26 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #13

I've had to uninstall Bitdefender IS to ensure I could work over the past few days. I was hoping that with the time that has past that the issue may have been fixed. So today I decided to reinstall IS to see if it affected my computer and within a couple hours all applications that I run move at a snails pace. Is there a fix?

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 27 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #14

DanyDan or anyone else, is there anything else you need from me to help assess the issue?

I hate to try to go through the Bitdefender Customer care at BitDefender Customer Care <support@bitdefender.com>, the last time I used them on a separate issue it took 2 weeks for a reply.

Maybe the delays we see here are a sign of overall issues with the software. Are they having that many issues that they can't get back to anyone?

+Quote Post
quarry
post Sep 29 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #15

DanyDan, have you given up on the issue? From your last message you were looking forward to my answer. I got back to you saying that the build was proper but still the same issue. Is that the only possible fix? If it is, it didn't work.

+Quote Post
stnair2000
post Sep 29 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 72,193

i am fed up with issues i am planning to apply for a reund

+Quote Post
varunit
post Sep 30 2011, 04:40 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 22,994

They are really quiet without any news about the fixes. This makes users more frustrating than ever. Poor support forum

+Quote Post
DanyDan
post Sep 30 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #18

Guru Poster

Hello,

I may be a little slower on responding, I'm sorry about that however I also have some days off from time to time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

@quary: I have replied to your ticket you had open with my colleague Mihaela. ID:

I have found two entries in the logs you sent:

CODE
<dd name="RapportCerberus_29574" displayname="RapportCerberus_29574" status="running" starttype="Unknown" fullpath="\??\C:\ProgramData\Trusteer\Rapport\store\exts\RapportCerberus\29574\RapportCerberus64_29574.sys" />

- we have a known issue reported and escalated to Dev. involving Trusteer; we have all the info we need and we are working on a fix;

CODE
<dd name="avc3" displayname="avc3" status="running" starttype="[b]Unknown[/b]" fullpath="\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avc3.sys" />

- it looks like the AVC driver was not correctly installed;

Since you have reinstalled BitDefender since you sent us the logs, can't tell if this is the cause or not. Would you be available for a remote? I would like to check the PC and perform the installation of 2012 together. Check your email for further information on this.

+Quote Post
quarry
post Oct 3 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #19

This is almost becoming comical. I get contacted by Bitdefender support by email that I received Friday at 4:39 PM MST or 10:39 PM GMT. Their email asked for a date and time for us to have a call Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 18:00 GMT. The email address they provided was their general support email address, not directly linked to anyone person so I assume someone received my reply. My reply sent Saturday at 11:45 AM MST or 5:45 PM GMT requested a call Monday at 1PM GMT. Surely someone would have been in to receive the email and either pass it on to the technician that emailed me, or at a minimum respond saying that the time either works or not. Now it's past the time I proposed and what's happened.... Nothing.

Come on guys, If you can't respond to anyone even when you ask for a response, then there is clearly a problem. When you email rather than stating the following as you state in the email you provided:

"If you would agree, we would like to connect remotely to your computer and troubleshoot this issue. The working hours when we would be able to connect to your computer are between 09:00 -> 18:00 GMT (Monday -> Friday).

If you agree with this and if the hours are suitable, please send us a reply and tell us when you would like us to run the remote session. Provide me with the exact hour, date along with a phone number where we can reach you."

Bitdefender should state:

"If you would agree, we would like to connect remotely to your computer and troubleshoot this issue. The working hours when we would be able to connect to your computer are between 09:00 -> 18:00 GMT (Monday -> Friday).

If you agree with this and if the hours are suitable, please send us a reply and tell us when you would like us to run the remote session. Provide me with the exact hour, date along with a phone number where we can reach you, but please don't expect that we can get back to you within the upcoming week. I may be a little slower on responding, I'm sorry about that however I also have some days off from time to time, but won't tell you when."

At least if this is said we'd know not to expect a response. If it takes days to respond to requests, don't offer a day for a remote session that will never happen, use dates. Dates will tell when it will be feasible for someone to get back. As an example "Provide me with the exact hour, date (after October 7th) along with a phone number where we can reach you".

Just a little frustrating.

+Quote Post
quarry
post Oct 6 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #20

As an update, we are now in the sixth day since I was contacted to set up a remote session. Still no response from Bitdefender.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 12:17 PM