Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Update With No Internet Connection
Bob Coates
post Aug 30 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,352

We have two networks, each with Bitdefender newly installed. One network connects to the internet, the other does not.
What I can't figure out is how to get AV updates from the internet to the server on the non-internet network.

I've been told to download the weekly.exe file and transfer it by memory stick to the non-internet server. But I don't know what I have to do with it then! Do I copy it somewhere, or just execute it on the server?

I was then told to point the client's "Primary update location settings" to the server on the non-internet server, eg 172.30.0.250:7074 rather that the default http://upgrade.bitdefender.com.

Is there any way of finding the version of the AV signatures that are on the server? I can find it on the Business Client but not on the server.
If I could find the update they are at then at least if it changed when I ran weekly.exe I would know I'd done something!

Many thanks
Bob Coates
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Aug 30 2011, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Regular Poster

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 71,793

Dear Bob,

We have created a ticket 201108301037321 and we will continue the conversation by email.

Best regards,
Andrei Ionescu

QUOTE (Bob Coates @ Aug 30 2011, 02:53 PM) *
We have two networks, each with Bitdefender newly installed. One network connects to the internet, the other does not.
What I can't figure out is how to get AV updates from the internet to the server on the non-internet network.

I've been told to download the weekly.exe file and transfer it by memory stick to the non-internet server. But I don't know what I have to do with it then! Do I copy it somewhere, or just execute it on the server?

I was then told to point the client's "Primary update location settings" to the server on the non-internet server, eg 172.30.0.250:7074 rather that the default http://upgrade.bitdefender.com.

Is there any way of finding the version of the AV signatures that are on the server? I can find it on the Business Client but not on the server.
If I could find the update they are at then at least if it changed when I ran weekly.exe I would know I'd done something!

Many thanks
Bob Coates

+Quote Post
sstee
post Dec 15 2011, 05:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 59,425

QUOTE (andionescu @ Aug 30 2011, 09:23 PM) *
Dear Bob,

We have created a ticket 201108301037321 and we will continue the conversation by email.

Best regards,
Andrei Ionescu

I have face same issue, please advice me, how to solve it? thank you.

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Dec 19 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #4

Regular Poster

Hello sstee and welcome to our forum.

You can configure the Bitdefender Update Server to receive updates from the internet and send the signatures to client machine or you can download manually the cumulative.zip and follow the steps from the KB below:
http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Manuall...ve-zip-504.html

Regards,
Andrei

+Quote Post
andreamarts
post Dec 20 2011, 03:43 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 85,337

Hello there!

I've faced the same situation before and fortunately I finally fixed it. By the way, is it possible to update your anti virus without any internet connection? If yes, please share it with us. If no, well just want to say Advance Merry Christmas!

By the way, I'm glad that I found this forum and my great pleasure to be part of this community looking forward to see all guys around here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Dec 20 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #6

Regular Poster

Hello Andreamarts and welcome to our forum,

For updating the antivirus software without internet connection please read the posts above,
Happy holidays.

Regards,
Andrei

+Quote Post
jenniferolsen
post Feb 1 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 89,225

I didn't know that it is possible to update without internet conection. Antivirus and antispyware are reliable only if they are updated regularly.
Thanks a lot!

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Feb 1 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #8

Regular Poster

Hi Jenniferolsen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum.
Yes, it is possible to update the Bitdefender Desktop versions (AV,IS,TS 2012) and Business (Bitdefender Business Client) without internet connection.
You have to download the latest signatures from download.bitdefender.com, save it on a media and run it locally on the client machine.

If you have any questions please fell free to contact us.

Regards

Andi

QUOTE (jenniferolsen @ Feb 1 2012, 10:47 AM) *
I didn't know that it is possible to update without internet conection. Antivirus and antispyware are reliable only if they are updated regularly.
Thanks a lot!

+Quote Post
TekServ
post Mar 28 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 85,552

I recently installed BD Small Office Security. I understand how to manually update the definitions on the file servers or individual clients, but is there a way to update the BD Update Server so I don't have to manually update each client?

+Quote Post
Andionescu
post Apr 4 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #10

Regular Poster

Hi TekServ,

You can download the weekly.exe and send a new Task from the Bitdefender Console to all clients managed with our Server.
Bitdefender Console - Tasks - New Task - Run Program

By sending this task policy to all clients it will install the latest virus signatures and there is no need to run the .exe locally on each computer.

Hope it helps.
Regards,

Andi

+Quote Post
TekServ
post Apr 4 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 85,552

QUOTE (andionescu @ Apr 4 2012, 01:18 PM) *
Hi TekServ,

You can download the weekly.exe and send a new Task from the Bitdefender Console to all clients managed with our Server.
Bitdefender Console - Tasks - New Task - Run Program

By sending this task policy to all clients it will install the latest virus signatures and there is no need to run the .exe locally on each computer.

Hope it helps.
Regards,

Andi

Thanks Andi! I will try to implement this this week and see how it goes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:19 PM