Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [resolved]Bitfedender Total Security Scans Nonexistant Z:\ Drive, All Scanning Methods
Valiant
post May 5 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,181

Hi there. After reading some good reviews about BitDefender I decided to give it a try. The installation was smooth. I started having this weird problem when I scanned my computer. Whatever options I chose for scanning whether Deep, Full, Quick nor Customs it always keep on scanning drive z:/ on which I don't have.

How can it be possible? My hdd's are c:, d: & e plus optical drive f:, so where this drive z: came from? It always resulted on infinite scanning. I patiently waited for at least a day for it to finished whatever it was doing but looks like it was on it's infinite state. Is this a bug? Even if I stopped the scan and close the bd window it still pop-ups and continue scanning that weird z: drive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nikki605
post May 5 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Veteran Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 35,640

Which Windows OS are you running - WinXP, Vista or Windows 7? What Service Pack? 32-bit or 64-bit?

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 5 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (nikki605 @ May 5 2011, 05:47 PM) *
Which Windows OS are you running - WinXP, Vista or Windows 7? What Service Pack? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Window 7 Ultimate X64, Service Pack 1.

+Quote Post
nikki605
post May 5 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #4

Veteran Poster

I am running Win7 Pro x64 Sp1 and have not experienced the problem you describe. Is this a new installation of BD (sounds like it from your post)? Has this problem always been there or something that recently started? Here are a few things to check:

In Windows Explorer under Computer, is there any drive listed as Z:\ (perhaps an external device or mapped network drive)

Attached File  MyComp1.jpg ( 110.26K ) Number of downloads: 14

What about in Disk Management

Attached File  DskMgmt.jpg ( 111.31K ) Number of downloads: 16

Finally, open BD and go to Antivirus-->Virus Scan, right-click on Deep System Scan and select Properties. Then, select the Paths tab to see if there is a drive Z:\ listed

Attached File  Paths1.jpg ( 32.71K ) Number of downloads: 11

Awaiting your reply,

This post has been edited by nikki605: May 5 2011, 04:47 PM
Reason for edit: added questions

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 5 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (nikki605 @ May 5 2011, 06:44 PM) *
I am running Win7 Pro x64 Sp1 and have not experienced the problem you describe. Is this a new installation of BD (sounds like it from your post)? Has this problem always been there or something that recently started? Here are a few things to check:

In Windows Explorer under Computer, is there any drive listed as Z:\ (perhaps an external device or mapped network drive)

Attached File  MyComp1.jpg ( 110.26K ) Number of downloads: 14

What about in Disk Management

Attached File  DskMgmt.jpg ( 111.31K ) Number of downloads: 16

Finally, open BD and go to Antivirus-->Virus Scan, right-click on Deep System Scan and select Properties. Then, select the Paths tab to see if there is a drive Z:\ listed

Attached File  Paths1.jpg ( 32.71K ) Number of downloads: 11

Awaiting your reply,

Thank you for a well written instructions. This is my first time using BitDefender and nope... there are no Drive Z: on my system as what i've stated. I am certain about this because I personally assemble my pc and knows the components of it. To give it a benefit of a doubt, I checked it via your suggestion though there are no drive z: whatsoever on any areas you mentioned. You are running PRO mine is ULTIMATE they are different and no.. the problem only starts after 3 days of installation without any modifications and newly installed programs.

+Quote Post
nikki605
post May 5 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #6

Veteran Poster

Can you post a screen shot of whatever message/status window comes up that shows drive Z:\ being scanned, please?

You can use the Windows 7 Snipping Tool to capture it, then when you post back you can Browse to the file, upload it then click on the Manage Attachments down-arrow to imbed it as I did in my posts.

Also, see if you can exclude the Z:\ drive in BD. Open BD and go to Antivirus-->Exclusions. Click on the + button, make sure "Exclude by file/folder path" is selected then click Next. In the Exclusions Wizard window, click the Browse button and see if the Z:\ drive is even listed to be selected (it may not be).

Attached File  Exclu1.jpg ( 128.52K ) Number of downloads: 9

If the Z:\ is listed, try selecting it to add it to the exclusions and try the scan again and post back with your results.

If the Z:\ drive is not even listed to be excluded, then I'm going to conclude that somehow, you installation of BDTS was corrupted and we can first try a Repair and if that doesn't work, an uninstall/re-install.

Prior to BDTS, what antivirus/firewall program(s) were installed? How did you remove or uninstall it/them? We may have to work on completely cleaning up any prior installations to avoid any conflicts between programs.

Do you have any other security programs, antivirus, antimalware, firewall, tuneup, etc. programs installed now?

Awaiting your reply,

+Quote Post
cklimen
post May 6 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,048

What does it mean when BD scans my Z:\ drive for hours. I cannot shut the scan down, even with a task manager forced shutdown - the scan just pops back up a few moments after the forced shutdown and keeps going where it left off. Oh yea, did I mention that I don't have a Z:\ drive?!
Using DB total security 2011

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 6 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (nikki605 @ May 5 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Can you post a screen shot of whatever message/status window comes up that shows drive Z:\ being scanned, please?

You can use the Windows 7 Snipping Tool to capture it, then when you post back you can Browse to the file, upload it then click on the Manage Attachments down-arrow to imbed it as I did in my posts.

Also, see if you can exclude the Z:\ drive in BD. Open BD and go to Antivirus-->Exclusions. Click on the + button, make sure "Exclude by file/folder path" is selected then click Next. In the Exclusions Wizard window, click the Browse button and see if the Z:\ drive is even listed to be selected (it may not be).

Attached File  Exclu1.jpg ( 128.52K ) Number of downloads: 9

If the Z:\ is listed, try selecting it to add it to the exclusions and try the scan again and post back with your results.

If the Z:\ drive is not even listed to be excluded, then I'm going to conclude that somehow, you installation of BDTS was corrupted and we can first try a Repair and if that doesn't work, an uninstall/re-install.

Prior to BDTS, what antivirus/firewall program(s) were installed? How did you remove or uninstall it/them? We may have to work on completely cleaning up any prior installations to avoid any conflicts between programs.

Do you have any other security programs, antivirus, antimalware, firewall, tuneup, etc. programs installed now?

Awaiting your reply,

i truly appreciate your response. i don't have any antivirus except bitdefender because i know installing multiple antivirus will create conflicts. is there anyway safer than uninstalling a program through control panel? common, please don't give me the feeling of i don't know what i am doing. to further convince you, i will post the images later.

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 6 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Valiant @ May 6 2011, 11:55 AM) *
i truly appreciate your response. i don't have any antivirus except bitdefender because i know installing multiple antivirus will create conflicts. is there anyway safer than uninstalling a program through control panel? common, please don't give me the feeling of i don't know what i am doing. to further convince you, i will post the images later.

(IMG:http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/Valiant_2010/deepscan.jpg)
(IMG:http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/Valiant_2010/Capture.jpg)
(IMG:http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/Valiant_2010/diskmanagementCapture.jpg)
(IMG:http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/Valiant_2010/scannotmovingCapture.jpg)
(IMG:http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/Valiant_2010/drivezCapture.jpg)

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 6 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #10

after 23 minutes, still scanning drive z:/ ???
(IMG:http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/Valiant_2010/after23minutesCapture.jpg)

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 6 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #11

man, this problem drives me crazy...

+Quote Post
Mihaela M.
post May 6 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #12

Frequent Poster

Group: Guests
Member No.: 31,298

Hi all,

I have created 2 tickets on your behalf and sent you instructions via email on how to start troubleshooting. Please check your email associated with your Forum account and send me the requested info.

@Valiant: Your Ticket id is:201105061007206
@cklimen: Your Ticket id is: 201105061007222
@nikki605: Thank you for your help.

Have a good day!

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 6 2011, 12:28 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Mihaela M. @ May 6 2011, 02:14 PM) *
Hi all,

I have created 2 tickets on your behalf and sent you instructions via email on how to start troubleshooting. Please check your email associated with your Forum account and send me the requested info.

@Valiant: Your Ticket id is:201105061007206
@cklimen: Your Ticket id is: 201105061007222
@nikki605: Thank you for your help.

Have a good day!

thanks for looking on this matter. may i ask what specific info does supporttool.exe file gather and submits?

+Quote Post
Dr. Andrew
post May 7 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 61,359

I have exactly the same problem... if anyone knows how to solve that problem please post it
Bitdefender internet security 2011

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 7 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Dr. Andrew @ May 7 2011, 03:56 AM) *
I have exactly the same problem... if anyone knows how to solve that problem please post it
Bitdefender internet security 2011

First, My apology for not replying on Technical Support email. I found the necessary troubleshooting very time consuming and keeps on asking me to send files on which I am not sure what info's will be included, so I just decided to purchased the latest antivirus of the same product I used before. Much easier and less headache. Wishing BitDefender all the best for their products... I hope you will fix this issue.

+Quote Post
DanyDan
post May 7 2011, 08:50 AM
Post #16

Guru Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20,064

Hello,

The issue you described is being work on as we speak and a fix will be release via the Automatic Update module, in the shortest time possible. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, we rest at your disposal for any further assistance.

@Valiant: Sorry to see you go so soon. Your opinion was sent to the respectful Department. Thank you for the feedback !

@Xinlinyun: Please post in one of the languages we offer Support for: English, German, French, Spanish or Romanian. Thank you for understanding. I have set your post to invisible as I can't understand it nor translate it.

Kind regards,

+Quote Post
Valiant
post May 7 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (DanyDan @ May 7 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Hello,

The issue you described is being work on as we speak and a fix will be release via the Automatic Update module, in the shortest time possible. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, we rest at your disposal for any further assistance.

@Valiant: Sorry to see you go so soon. Your opinion was sent to the respectful Department. Thank you for the feedback !

Kind regards,

Nice to hear you are working on it. Since it came with a 3 computer installation package, I guess I will wait for sometime and installed it on my office computer to see how it works. Will be here in the forum too to keep myself updated.

Regards.

+Quote Post
robo171
post May 7 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 61,413

I'm having the exact same problem as described in this thread. I hope BD releases an update soon, or else I may have to switch to another brand, which I don't really want to do.

+Quote Post
Baeyer
post May 7 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 61,425

I'm also having the same problem. Argh.

+Quote Post
WyldThang
post May 8 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 61,435

Same problem here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Only solution seems a complete uninstall it just runs forever!

It always reports 0/file per second scan but can't play steamed movies (youtube) uninstall and problem goes away, maybe coincidence?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 02:35 AM