Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wisecustomcalla.exe
NevG
post Dec 27 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,402

Hi,

I found WiseCustomCalla.exe, WiseCustomCalla1.exe, WiseCustomCalla2.exe, WiseCustomCalla5.exe in my taskbar and have no idea if this is a legitimate program or a virus. I did a deep scan with Bitdefender but it does not recognize it as a problem.

Does anyone have any idea what it is and if it is a virus on how to remove it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Dec 27 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Technical Support

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 30,868

Hello NevG ,

To be on the safe side please send back a sample of those files.
For this you need to upload them one at a time on: www.sendspace.com and post here the download link generated.

+Quote Post
NevG
post Dec 28 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Cristi Raducu @ Dec 27 2010, 03:47 PM) *
Hello NevG ,

To be on the safe side please send back a sample of those files.
For this you need to upload them one at a time on: www.sendspace.com and post here the download link generated.

I am unable to find these files anywhere on my computer other than in the taskbar. Do you have any suggestions on how I can find them on my Win7 64 bit computer?

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Dec 28 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #4

Technical Support

WiseCustomCalla is dropped by McAfee in general.
Have you had this program installed on your PC?
Also post a screenshot showing these files in your taskbar.

+Quote Post
NevG
post Dec 28 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Cristi Raducu @ Dec 28 2010, 01:50 PM) *
WiseCustomCalla is dropped by McAfee in general.
Have you had this program installed on your PC?
Also post a screenshot showing these files in your taskbar.

Yes, unfortunately McAfee was preinstalled on my computer when I purchased it through Dell. I uninstalled it immediately before installing bitdefender and then all of my other programs.

I took a screenshot and uploaded on here plus I posted it on my website at: http://lisnevash.com/images/WiseCustomCalla.jpg

Attached File(s)
Attached File  WiseCustomCalla.jpg ( 78.34K ) Number of downloads: 15

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Dec 31 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #6

Technical Support

Those are most likely remnants of McAfee.
Try to run their special removal tools from the links bellow and reboot the system when done.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...CleanupTool.exe

Because you're running Vista or 7 (from the screenshot) you should run the tools as an administrator (right click on the file and Run as admin).

+Quote Post
NevG
post Jan 2 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Cristi Raducu @ Dec 31 2010, 09:22 AM) *
Those are most likely remnants of McAfee.
Try to run their special removal tools from the links bellow and reboot the system when done.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...CleanupTool.exe

Because you're running Vista or 7 (from the screenshot) you should run the tools as an administrator (right click on the file and Run as admin).

Unfortunately, this did not work. I tried it as an administrator and tried it normally. Any other suggestions on how to remove these.

+Quote Post
Cristi
post Jan 4 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #8

Technical Support

In this case please post a BDSI log as described in this article to make sure the system is clean.
If the log is clean after analysis then you need to contact the McAfee support team to help you remove those invalid entries,probably you're not the only one having this problem.

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/article/490/

+Quote Post
NevG
post Jan 7 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Cristi Raducu @ Jan 4 2011, 07:37 AM) *
In this case please post a BDSI log as described in this article to make sure the system is clean.
If the log is clean after analysis then you need to contact the McAfee support team to help you remove those invalid entries,probably you're not the only one having this problem.

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/article/490/

Really odd, I just checked by taskbar notifications today and now the Wisecutomcalla.exe's are all gone. Somehow the problem is solved. Thanks for the assistance.

+Quote Post
Cris
post Jan 8 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #10

BitDefender Evangelist

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 60

Hello,

Just to clarify a bit what was happening: Windows (Vista or 7) keeps a history of icons which were present in the notification area (or systray). This is because, at least in 7, you can sort the order of the icons in systray and Windows has to remember these changes even after the applications are closed, so when the applications start again, the icons will appear where the user wants to. It's a nice feature, but it has a downside: Windows has no idea when a certain application is removed entirely from the system, and the settings for that icon are still kept.

As you noticed, those icons were "orphan" (the application no longer existed), but Windows still had them in that list.
The point is: that list and the real presence of those applications in the system are not really connected. All you can be sure of is that those applications were, at some point in history, running in the system.

To completely clean that history, you can go here:
CODE
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify
and delete the values PastIconsStream and IconStreams. Afterwards, a system restart (or a explorer.exe restart) is required for the changes to take effect.

Also, I've found some (untested) ideas that this history is also refreshed when the global icon cache is rebuilt by the system. This is made automatically by the system. This is also probably what happened to you, since the problem got resolved on its own. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cris.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 07:04 AM