Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

83 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bad Update Or....? - Solution Here: Http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18789, title edit
Flasher
post Mar 21 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #1221

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 32,385

Ok here is what i've got:

After BD devastated my System, the system wasn't able to boot. After a few hours of trying to fix that, I finally could log in to Windows. However, the System began bombarding me with error massages, caused by missing DLLs and EXEs. Bitdefender ist not running and a new installation or repair is not possible due to the broken windows installer. I believe that setting all files from the quarantine back to their orriginal file path would solve all problems, but how am i going to do that? As I said, bitdefender is not running and can't be fixed, by an update - I need to copy a clean Bitdefender installation folder, in order to get the missing dlls back. After that I hope that Bitdefender will be able to start up.

So please - can anybody send me his or her Bitdefender folder?

Using Bitdefender TotalSecurity on Win7 X64
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
misterTTT
post Mar 21 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #1222

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,210

Windows has repaired itself and I have installed the patch, rebooted and updated. Now the BD Total Security 2010 runs normal. There are no more false detection when I for example right click on "mspaint.exe" and scan manually, it says that no threats are found. It is a W7 Home Premium 64 bit pc.

When I do the same (patching, rebooting, updating) for BD Internet Security 2010 on an other W7 Home premium 64 bit pc, it still finds Trojan.FakeAlert.5. Why is this different for the two programs? What do I have to do?
The items in quarantine are also on my pc, so every file should be on my pc.

This post has been edited by misterTTT: Mar 21 2010, 12:12 PM

+Quote Post
Joaquin
post Mar 21 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #1223

Member No.: 32,194

QUOTE (Carmen Cernev @ Mar 21 2010, 01:47 PM) *
@ambeirao: Yes, as long as BitDefender is up to date, it is safe to restore the services. You can find here support on Spanish in forum.

Not, the Spanish forum is totally useless

From the beginning of the problem, only a few users have reported our problems, but we have not obtained any response from technical support.

The only thing that we can do for the present is to read this forum and to try to translate the solutions that are published here.

+Quote Post
Carmen Cernev
post Mar 21 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #1224

Technical Support

Group: Technical Support
Member No.: 30,345

@pathit: Unfortunately it is not possible. The only way you could run the patch is in Normal or Safe mode. Fore more details you can access this link.

@alexaad: Yes, you can use the patch in Normal mode or Safe Mode in order to restore the files from the BitDefender Quarantine

+Quote Post
gyp371
post Mar 21 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #1225

Member No.: 32,610

QUOTE (gyp371 @ Mar 21 2010, 01:29 PM) *
Hi, I have win 7 64bit. I have restored the system, applied the patch from your knowledge base article (http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#640) but i still have a ridiculously large number of files in quarantine.

I have gone to bitdefender and manually updated (which installed update) and rebooted PC - still same problem (by the way, because there are so many files in quarantine it takes an age to open the quarantine tab!!).

What am i to do with all the quarantined files please?

Can you please answer my question tech support?

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has gone through your recovery procedure but is still left with 1000's of files still in quarantine?

Incidentally, every one i have clicked on so far and tried to restore says it already exists so maybe your patch has worked - but seriously, do you expect me to check every one? THERE ARE 1000's OF FILES IN QUARANTINE!!!!

Still, enjoying listening to the pavement and pixies albums i bought yesterday!!

+Quote Post
presmanno
post Mar 21 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #1226

Member No.: 32,668

QUOTE (Carmen Cernev @ Mar 21 2010, 11:08 AM) *
@presmanno: After running the patch, have you also followed the instructions from the KB article?
Please press CTRL+ALT+DELETE from your keyboard in order to enter in task Manager -> go to Process tab and let us know if the 'livesrv.exe' process is running.

If I try to run it this is the error I get in the event log:

Applicazione che ha generato l'errore livesrv.exe, versione 13.0.19.1, timestamp 0x4b4b04f1, modulo che ha generato l'errore bdutils.dll!?get_value@@YAHPEAU_TDFILE@@PEB, versione 6.0.6002.18005, timestamp 0x49e0421d, codice eccezione 0xc0000139, offset errore 0x00000000000b8fb8, ID processo 0x1944, data e ora di avvio dell'applicazione 0x01cac8e88b4760ca

It seems it is related to the bdutils.dll.

+Quote Post
DanyDan
post Mar 21 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #1227

Guru Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20,064

@misterTTT: please tell me the engine version on the computer that still detects the 'FakeAlert.5' as being present. On the same computer follow these steps:

1. restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key when booting up;
2. go to Start menu button then go to Run;
3. Type services.msc and then hit OK;
4. Search in the list Virus Shield and double click on it;
5. Set it to Manual as Startup type;
6. Restart the computer;
7. Apply the patch;
8. Restart the computer again;
9. Update BitDefender
10. Follow the KB here

Please keep me posted.

@gyp371: please tell me the Engine Version under the Update tab.

Daniel M.

+Quote Post
MaverickScot
post Mar 21 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #1228

Member No.: 21,520

I can get into windows as 'start normal' or 'safe mode' but Windows 7 Pro just locks up and I can't apply the patch. What am I supposed to do now.

On another note I have tried to log in to BD help to call them but I cannot log in using my correct details and when I ask for a password email I don't get one. Call me cynical if you like.

+Quote Post
gyp371
post Mar 21 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #1229

QUOTE (DanyDan @ Mar 21 2010, 02:38 PM) *
@misterTTT: please tell me the engine version on the computer that still detects the 'FakeAlert.5' as being present. On the same computer follow these steps:

1. restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key when booting up;
2. go to Start menu button then go to Run;
3. Type services.msc and then hit OK;
4. Search in the list Virus Shield and double click on it;
5. Set it to Manual as Startup type;
6. Restart the computer;
7. Apply the patch;
8. Restart the computer again;
9. Update BitDefender
10. Follow the KB here

Please keep me posted.

@gyp371: please tell me the Engine Version under the Update tab.

Daniel M.

Hi Daniel it's 7.30848

+Quote Post
Okky
post Mar 21 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #1230

Member No.: 32,642

@ DannyDan

I have been do system restore , now my windows running correctly . am i still need that patch ? ( because my quarantine still filled by files , but if i try restore it manually its say your files already exist )

+Quote Post
burtzz
post Mar 21 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #1231

Member No.: 32,273

QUOTE (manos @ Mar 21 2010, 08:33 AM) *
I try to do a system restore but I keep getting this message even though I disable Real-Time protection.
How can I REALLY disable all BitDefender services?

(IMG:http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/443/restoreh.jpg)

I got the same problem

any help?

+Quote Post
PsyChoBoy
post Mar 21 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #1232

Member No.: 32,708

QUOTE (burtzz @ Mar 21 2010, 07:43 PM) *
I got the same problem

any help?

I getting the same results as burtzzz and i do a system restore.
I have disable all BD protection but still cant get to do a system restore.
Anyone can guide how to fix it?

+Quote Post
DanyDan
post Mar 21 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #1233

Guru Poster

@MaverickScot: please define: 'Windows locks-up ' . Please keep in mind that you need to do the system restore only in Safe Mode if you are using Windows 7.

@gyp371: that is the engine version on the computer that continue to detect the FakeAlert.5 ? Please double check for me. Also, if that is correct please tell me the names of the files detected after the patch and the update has been done.

@Okky: If you have the Engine version: 7.30865 then no, you can remove all the files in Quarantine. You get the message that the files already exists because those files were already recovered when you restored Windows. Do you still get any files detected ?

+Quote Post
ambeirao
post Mar 21 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #1234

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 30,336

jajajajaja ... this is amazing ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)
I laugh not mourn ...
I have written with a great education, I complain that their technicians are supporting Spain and not what I get? a link ... A stupid answer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

I did not know that I would support Bitdefender ... The forums are in Spanish with user input like me who have the problem ...

Do not annoy ... Do you think I'm an idiot? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

WANT TO A TECHNICAL AND BITDEFENDER!! AND IN MY LANGUAGE !!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

I still have problems to restore files from the quarantine folder and the only solution to my complaint is to look at a forum in which its technicians do not come? ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif) not hump (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

+Quote Post
Geniusmax
post Mar 21 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #1235

Member No.: 30,210

QUOTE (burtzz @ Mar 21 2010, 12:43 PM) *
I got the same problem

any help?

It's the same for me.
What can I do?

+Quote Post
MaverickScot
post Mar 21 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #1236

Member No.: 21,520

QUOTE (DanyDan @ Mar 21 2010, 01:01 PM) *
@MaverickScot: please define: 'Windows locks-up ' . Please keep in mind that you need to do the system restore only in Safe Mode if you are using Windows 7.

@gyp371: that is the engine version on the computer that continue to detect the FakeAlert.5 ? Please double check for me. Also, if that is correct please tell me the names of the files detected after the patch and the update has been done.

@Okky: If you have the Engine version: 7.30865 then no, you can remove all the files in Quarantine. You get the message that the files already exists because those files were already recovered when you restored Windows. Do you still get any files detected ?

Windows starts then no keyboard or mouse functions. Looks like windows has frozen. Looking back at the problem could it be that the USB drive has been deleted so I don't have any way of using the mouse or keyboard?

+Quote Post
Typhke
post Mar 21 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #1237

Member No.: 32,712

Hi, I got it also on my 64-bit and windows isn't repairing anymore. But I've got dual boot on my pc and can still work on my windows XP 32-bit. Is it possible to restore the files my Win 7 placed in Quarantaine using my Windows XP?

+Quote Post
gyp371
post Mar 21 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #1238

QUOTE (DanyDan @ Mar 21 2010, 03:01 PM) *

Hi Daniel - I confirm Engine Version: 7.30848, Virus Signature: 5474032.

Please see my original post for what I have done so far - I have followed the KB instructions and run the patch - appeared to install and the PC rebooted?

I carried out a manual update when it had powered up again, it downloaded a 300KB update and asked to restart the PC - I did this - and this is where I am now.

I just tried a virus scan to see it was picking up trojan.falsealert.5 again and it didn't pick any up after say 2000 scanned files - i have stopped the scan after reading your post....

Please clarify what I am to do now?

+Quote Post
Okky
post Mar 21 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #1239

Member No.: 32,642

QUOTE (DanyDan @ Mar 21 2010, 07:01 PM) *

i have Engine 7.30848

its running , without files detected

+Quote Post
DanyDan
post Mar 21 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #1240

Guru Poster

@burtzz:
@PsyChoBoy:
@Geniusmax:

Please start Windows in Safe Mode by restarting your computer and pressing the F8 key before the Operating System starts to load.

When the system started follow these steps:
1. Click on Start menu button then go to Run (if you can't see the Run option then press the Windows key between the CTRL and ALT on your keyboard - has a Microsoft logo on it - and the key R )
2. Type services.msc then hit OK
3. Search in the list: BitDefender Virus Shield and double click on it;
4. Set it to Manual
5. Restart the computer
6. Make sure you boot again in Windows Safe Mode.
7. Make the system restore to an earlier point.
8. Follow this KB article according to your Windows type.

+Quote Post

83 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 10:23 AM