Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cookie B.s. Sys
hodge
post Apr 15 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,992

Can someone tell me what cookie b.s. sys is? It keeps popping up as a threat that is deleted each time I run a scan. Just started. Serious? Appreciate the help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hemanth
post Apr 15 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Frequent Poster

Group: Regular Bitdefender Poster
Member No.: 8,463

Hi

please go through the following link for further details of this cookie.

http://www.spynomore.com/tracking-cookie-bs-serving-sys.htm

I had this cookie on my system, BD removed it successfully. Try to use another antispyware programme (Ex- Spybot Search and Destroy, Super Antispyware) with the latest definitions, to see if it could remove this cookie successfully.

Hemanth

This post has been edited by hemanth: Apr 15 2009, 03:37 PM

+Quote Post
hodge
post Apr 16 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #3

Thanks Hermanth! This cookie keeps coming back each time I log on and BitDefender keeps deleting with each scan. I never had this issue with my previous Antivirus program (kaspersky) so I'm less than
impressed right now with BD. BD also continues to tell me in basic settings that my email is not being scanned and the only reference to the problem on this forum is a reponse telling people that the display is "not scanned" is not true and will be corrected in a future update. Oh well, thanks again, Hodge

QUOTE (hemanth @ Apr 15 2009, 04:28 PM) *
Hi

please go through the following link for further details of this cookie.

http://www.spynomore.com/tracking-cookie-bs-serving-sys.htm

I had this cookie on my system, BD removed it successfully. Try to use another antispyware programme (Ex- Spybot Search and Destroy, Super Antispyware) with the latest definitions, to see if it could remove this cookie successfully.

Hemanth

+Quote Post
hemanth
post Apr 16 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #4

Frequent Poster

Member No.: 8,463

Hi

Probably this cookie gets into your system every time you visit some site! Disable third party cookie on your browser.

Hemanth

+Quote Post
hodge
post Apr 16 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #5

I agree Hemanth but doubt know what else to do to get rid of it. I downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy like you suggested, ran the required scans. Did yet another deep scan with BD and the Cookie b.s. show up again at

[System]=]C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Cookies\compaq_owner@bs.serving-sys[2].txt

This is really frustrating, but thanks again for the help. Hodge

QUOTE (hemanth @ Apr 16 2009, 01:14 PM) *
Hi

Probably this cookie gets into your system every time you visit some site! Disable third party cookie on your browser.

Hemanth

+Quote Post
Cris
post Apr 16 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #6

BitDefender Evangelist

Member No.: 60

Hello Hodge,

Cookies are not a big thing to worry about. They contain only text information which is harmless to your system, since it doesn't contain executable code.

As Hemanth said, it's probably just a site that you visit, or one of the applications you use that needs that cookie.

You can try using Firefox as an internet browser (instead of Internet Explorer) and set it to automatically delete all cookies when you close it. That should be enough.

Cris.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:18 AM