Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> License Troubleshooting, How to uninstall client license ?
Gf105
post Mar 27 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,843

We've bought 17 licenses of BD Small Office Security.
I've installed Management Server and Console and File Server (32bit) on XP to protect the server itself.
Step by step I've added clients (16 - Xp and Vista) through manual deployment of Agent and Business Clients and it worked fine.
This morning I've added last client joined to the network group but (my fault, I guess - maybe I've count bad) I've exceed the number of licenses by 1.

So ok the status console advice me about 17 users and 16 licenses used (exceed it says) and I can't deploy policies on the last client and obviously it can't update it.
I've decided to remove one client (old pc that maybe we can't use anymore) and I tried before through network (right click on client and uninstall Business Client - it says OK) and then after this I check on the client and I uninstall the Agent too.
The pc seems clean about BD software.
So uninstall seems to worked fine but the Pc Icon on Management Console is always blue like is Managed and with Business Client installed on it (but isn't indeed).
However, the last client added seems to work fine (update and policies are right) but the status console continues to report the exceed licenses when now I've 15 clients and no 16 and teorically 16 licenses (1 + 15) ... (Viewing policies reports 15 clients so I'm a bit confused)
I tried to move pc out of managed group, in excluded group, delete it but the advice is always there...Management Console keeps 17 users and 16 licenses on Registration Menu... I've also tried network (re)building but nothing... Now I can't see the uninstalled pc on console but advice is always present. (I don't know to explain to the Console i've 15 clients and 16 licenses now...)
My question are:
1)How to "reset" or cleaning the console to have right count of licenses number installed on network?
2) Which is the right way to uninstall a pc with Business Client and Agent? One day could be possible to dismiss a pc and keep its valid license for a new client or not?

Thanks in advance, my best
Gianfranco
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Mihai T._*
post Apr 2 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Guests

Hey,

Please restart the BitDefender management server service, (the license info should update itself once every 24 hours). The simplest way to uninstall the BBC+agent from a workstation would be to right click it and select Uninstall Business Client directly from the console (After the BBC is uninstalled right click it again and select Uninstall Agent).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 03:17 PM